Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Hard to say for sure from the pictures, but they don't look like shell cordovan to me based on the creasing. Cordovan colored, certainly. Cordovan does not get fine wrinkles. Here's an example of creasing on shell cordovan:

tags fixed.

thanks amlai. yeah, the creasing is not similar. that's really why i want to get a second opinion on them somewhere. i don't mind either way, but knowing would certainly help in the shoe care department.

Datasupa those trickers are amazing! What do you treat them with? :cool:

obenauf's leather oil and heavy duty LP for conditioning/waterproofing, and kiwi paste wax, or sometimes meltonian shoe cream, for shine. meltonian seems to give more shine--almost a mirror gloss.

Dat is rocking a nice pair of boots. They aged well. I didn't really catch the indigo ankle ring, though.

-JF

trickersstow4monthIIindigoring.jpg

2058300801_47c49df0f8.jpg

just got these in today. I like them a lot. Quick question, how long before boots break in, in your experience? I can tell this week will be some heel cutting for sure :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow those are beautiful boots...can you give the details brands and where did you get it? thx

www.irondenim.com

kodou, i dont think they need a resole either. they look fine. dont know if they are cordovan or not, they look like thicker leather to me...

i do think it is worth it in the long run to spend the money on a proper pair of shoes.

its an investment that will last you much longer than a lot of the throwaway shoes made these days.

also, when you buy used shoes, the previous owner has already imprinted the inner soles with their footprint, which can actually mess your feet up and your back. you can see the heel indentation on those used ones you picked up. i a while back i scored a nice pair of used wingtips but the insides were uncomfortable because of this same dynamic... i ended up getting rid of them, vowing to just spend the money on new ones.

its best to get a new pair, and make them yours.

all the shoes on this page look great. i just got back from visiting home for winter break and these were waiting for me:

DSCF1029.jpg

i'm interested to see how the beeswax leather on these desert boots will age. has anyone here had experience with this leather? i'm curious if there's different maintenance with beeswax leather.

Chicken-san; do you have any pics where you are wearing the White's? I wonder how they look like worn... Also what kind of was/oil do you use on your Alden 405's? Does oil treatment always make the white stitching to become black?

IMG_0522.jpg

my newest toy, purchased at stronghold from bill.

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

double leather sole. currently contemplating on having vibram #705s over them like TAKASHI-san's.

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0529.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

hey chicken, what brand are those boots? did you buy them at the stronghold store in venice?

my newest toy, purchased at stronghold from bill.

double leather sole. currently contemplating on having vibram #705s over them like TAKASHI-san's.

Are these the standard semi-dress w/ double leather? Or did you ask for anything special? You're in NYC, right? Do you know of somewhere that would put #705s on top? I've been thinking of getting a pair and doing something like this myself.