Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

damn, popularity on these has definitely risen. i got mine brand new on ebay last year for less then $100

Salesman at Alden SF said the Indy is their single best-selling shoe, period, and has been for a long time. Even though it's hidden in the back corner, way high on the shelf.

What year are those from? They have a completely different sole than what I've seen.

And the reason they're going up in price and popularity is be partly due to blame with this thread....

the more people who know... want...

hmmm, those look like the soles on mine........really heavy.....

What year are those from? They have a completely different sole than what I've seen.

And the reason they're going up in price and popularity is be partly due to blame with this thread....

the more people who know... want...

This idea has also been discussed about the impact of American buyers wanting selvedge denim from the Japanese market. SuFu has very little impact on what people are buying. If anything, it's just a coincidence.

the soles on chicken's indy's are custom honey-colored vibrams.

and i'm pretty sure sufu and other fashion forums have an impact on what people are buying.

What I'm saying is that I don't think the general public even knows that this message board exists. The people buying Indys are probably dudes that have worn them for years or just regular guys getting a nice boot.

werd, the alden hype continues to grow...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180183157170&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

if these were size 10 i might have added to it but hopefully I have a pair coming in the near future.......

werd, the alden hype continues to grow...........

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=180183157170&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=008

if these were size 10 i might have added to it but hopefully I have a pair coming in the near future.......

They're at 700+ now! Geeze the guys says he only paid 500 for them. wait, maybe I could make a quick 200...

^ what just happened in this auction?

i don't understand.

i was thinking the same thing. I haven't paid much attention to alden auctions on ebay, but i remember reading somewhere that higher quality boots like aldens can actually appreciate in value with age. In fact, it might've been a post here on this thread. wherever i saw it, it made me think beat up boots > nwt boots.

i'd like to know someone else's opinion that auction though.

ebay doesn't always make sense and it's winning bids do not always determine market value or pay market value. it just depends on how bad somebody wants (bidding war) something or if the bidder doesn't know of any other resource beyond ebay. i've seen items go for a super inflated amount and then the same item the following week go for much less than usual.

alden only produces a very limited amount of most shoes outside of the standard models and i don't know where these were being sold (alden of carmel) i know these aren't a standard boot and this is a popular size so it is also possible that the only way to get this boot is off ebay.

A quick update on my Whites. Stock Semi Dress, about five months old. Decided to emphasize the "dress" in semi dress and gave the toes a polish with Kiwi Neutral

IMG_0786.jpg

Bill,

those are looking great! It was between the semi dress and the 405's. I went with the 405's but I still want the semi dress...

Do you have any problems with the tongues slipping in those? Also I'd love to see more pics...

hh

Bill,

those are looking great! It was between the semi dress and the 405's. I went with the 405's but I still want the semi dress...

Do you have any problems with the tongues slipping in those? Also I'd love to see more pics...

hh

No tongue slippage on these as they have bellowed tongues...attached to the boot on either side to keep out dirt and gravel...

I'll take some more pics soon.....

A quick update on my Whites. Stock Semi Dress, about five months old. Decided to emphasize the "dress" in semi dress and gave the toes a polish with Kiwi Neutral

IMG_0786.jpg

great boots bill

front look kind of like a pair of trickers i have..which also have the bellowed tongues....i like that feature....

sorry for the crap old pics

i need to take some new pics

249582651.jpg

249582642.jpg

I really like these boots though I don't think I have the necessity for getting such a nice pair right now.

I don't man, I would have gone with a few coats of black and then top if off with some parade gloss. After 7 years of polishing my boots for the Air Force, we just changed to suede. It's so nice not having to polish or iron anymore.

i'm torn between getting a pair of whites semi-dress or a pair of indy's.... there can be only one.

buy both...just broker alot more leather deals ;)

but i hear you....I'm done with buying boots for a bit...between my alden cordovan wingtips, visvim x nbhd, and russell moc boots that i bought in the last few months.....i'm broke....not to mention the visvim walliewannabeees i bought last night....