mizanation

Shoes that look better with age...

^well then i first need to safe a bit more money :)...winter is coming...slowly, but it's coming so i can't wait that long :D

Does whites always taper down the full sole over the heel stack or is that something you specify? Can you specify it via Bakers?

The normal heel is the tapered heel, you can get a block heel if you specify that.

Is that what you are asking?

oh right I got you.... the thin one is the western sole. I think it is the #269.

If I'm not understanding you, it's because I am high on prescription pain killers and muscle relaxants so I may be slooooooow.

Thanks fresco, 269 it is.

Don't know if this was mentioned before but I was looking through the sole options at bakers, and they now list a "vibram composition half sole" under the options of the semi dress.

found'em for half-retail-price! :D...

which model did you go with?

this is a pretty new brand (shawn stussy's other company), but has anyone ever handled these?

very good price for them too..

and nice heavy-duty vibram sole

http://s-double.com/shop/service-shoe

fullh.jpg

they also have white bucks and a brown shoe w vibram brick sole

Those arent even the Horsehides. Wtf?

Build your own by bakers will make for the same boot for 400$.

That's pretty much standard for whites in japan. Shipping, import tax, retail mark up. Etc. Just be happy you can order them direct.

Did I read right? Half soles via bakers? I love Kyle.

From bakershoe:

#38 "Swing" last has more contour on the little toe for a roomier toe box and faster break in time. Classic turn of the century styling by White's.

my preference goes to the standard last (appearance wise)

half soles on the whites? that's great news!

btw anyone have any experience regarding the water buffalo and french calf leather from whites compared to the semi-dress leather?

about to pull the trigger on a crocket and jones belgrade 560 bucks shipped from england...

or should i just get me a pair of cordovans from alden???

you already got a few cords from alden haven't u? try out the c&j and take some pics!!

ive already got a c&j connaught theyre really nice so i thought i was going for handgrade one so i saw th belgrave which is really nice

Yeah the handgrade shoes are extra special, with nice waisting on the soles, hidden sole stitching, buttery soft lining....

You won't regret them

im trying to decide on some c&j at the moment. want an ankle boot so am thinking either the lace up country brogue islay, new lewis zip up or maybe chelsea 5 in rough out.

anyone seen any in person?

btw anyone have any experience regarding the water buffalo and french calf leather from whites compared to the semi-dress leather?

I have a pair of water-buffalo SD. Soft as gloves.

I suppose that the semi dress would be like the RW leather more or less. (A lot thicker than water buffalo as it is full-grain).

I am getting a pair of semi-dress leather SDs soon and I will for sure tell all about it.

my preference goes to the standard last (appearance wise)

half soles on the whites? that's great news!

I can't really speak for water buffalo, but french calf is much thinner and shinier than the dress leather. Definitely get them leather lined if you go with calf.

I was in SENY last week and there was a guy in their (customer) wearing wooden sole dark grey desert boots. Cant get the bastards out of my head they looked so neat. Any leads?

im trying to decide on some c&j at the moment. want an ankle boot so am thinking either the lace up country brogue islay, new lewis zip up or maybe chelsea 5 in rough out.

anyone seen any in person?

I haven't seen the ones you are talking about but I have Skye, as does coleslawyum, I have sandown and I bought snowdon for my old man. The islay looks bloody nice, a bit more country than my Skye with the grained leather and dainite sole.

23034805.jpg?20100901222135

These ones have the exact same options as the ones I ordered.

Brown semi-dress, vibram composition, all brass eyes, brown sides.

Arent they just lovely?