Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

i dont have any red wings, but am a 9 in air max, new balance, vans.... i tried some red wings on here in perth cause i was looking at ordering the 1911 from cultizm...i think i was a 7 1/2.

does sizing down 1.5 sound right to you guys...?

nope mate we are talking about us sizes here j... i think what you mean is uk sizing right?

nah im talking US sizes...we use US sizing in australia.

i think i needed to size down 1.5 in RW from my vans/nike etc sizing, does this sound off to you guys or about right?

i dont have any red wings, but am a 9 in air max, new balance, vans.... i tried some red wings on here in perth cause i was looking at ordering the 1911 from cultizm...i think i was a 7 1/2.

does sizing down 1.5 sound right to you guys...?

the 1911 is a longer last than 875 and the like. I havent tried them myself, but the consenus in this thread probably was something like 1,5 down depending on how wide your feet are. In most RW I go 1 size down from dunks if I can get wide enough (EE). Otherwise a half down (even though I have some D thats one size down and fits)

Taken from your link:

Italian suede custom-burnished with oil for a slightly weathered look—no two pairs are alike. Unlined for a more casual feel. Natural crepe sole with stained edges. Made in Italy.

Oh yeah, I saw that, but I was wondering if anybody knew what kind of oil would do that? Or would it just be better to let my desert boots get dirty as hell?

in the new people mag there is a pic of ashton kutcher skateboarding in a pair of BEAT ASS 875s. they look fucking good, but he is still a tool. i'll try to get a scan

Is he a tool because he's Ashton Kutcher, a famous actor? Or because he's wearing a pair of 875s? If it's the 875s, then how is he different than anyone else who jumped on the RW bandwagon because it's the "cool" boot to not do anything the boot was built for in?

Is he a tool because he's Ashton Kutcher, a famous actor? Or because he's wearing a pair of 875s? If it's the 875s, then how is he different than anyone else who jumped on the RW bandwagon because it's the "cool" boot to not do anything the boot was built for in?

Some stylist (who is most probably reading this forum) made him wear those boots for the photo shoot. I wouldn't call Ashton K. as a actor, more like a product...maybe after some years -he might even have a similar pair of RW's himself too...

Some stylist (who is most probably reading this forum) made him wear those boots for the photo shoot. I wouldn't call Ashton K. as a actor, more like a product...maybe after some years -he might even have a similar pair of RW's himself too...

So every actor who has ever been told to wear something for a photo shoot, that we here at superfuture deem our own, is a tool?

Nevertheless, Ashton kutcher, with or without the boots, is a fucking tool, in the literal sense of the word.

perhaps ashton kutcher is wearing the red wings because of their increased popularity in the fashion "underground"...like on here. i'm sure the shoot was styled and i know plenty of stylist who follow these messageboards. also perhaps every hunter and construction worker that sees some streetwear kid sporting some red wing or work boots thinks that streetwear or hipster or wannabe working class hero is a tool. we can always find some reason to get all bent out of shape about something.........

It doesn't matter which actor it is, it's the principle. When someone wears your coveted article of clothing, you get all bent out of shape. Not you per say, you in general.

And I don't think anyone can deny that Kelso is freaking awesome.

since ashton has boned and will continue to bone demi moore, let's leave it alone.

as such, here's my quiver:

1349482778_85667ba2f1.jpg

left to right, top to bottom:

nos wwii double-buckle boots

vintage kent & howard work boots

clarks desert

older born model (my favorite shoe)

ebay'd captoes

calvin klein dress chukkas (...need work here)

j.crew tulum sandals

ebay'd nos purcells

born boat shoes (also rad)

Brunello Cucinelli has a solid selecton of Trickers. Its at 379 Bleecker (NYC).

Highlights include a dark brown seude Chelsea boot with bright pink pulls. Seeing it in person, the boot was a lot lighter then I expected.

They also had a light tan suede brogue in both a boot and shoe. The clerk soiled a pair and they looked great. Very nice stuff.

All and all, it looked like they stocked about 8-10 models.