Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

I'd say go for a 9 if you wear a 9.5 in Nikes. I wear a 12 in Nikes but took an 11.5 E in the Indy boot. The 11 E fit tightly but I didn't want to take the risk of it not stretching out enough. You also want room for thick socks. IMHO. . .

Yep, I have the 1908s. :)

I got some Red Wing insoles for them and they are more comfortable than my sneakers; love em. I'll try to remember to take some pics this evening. Here's one from WAYWT:

6hdrrsw.jpg

Thanks a lot for this pic and your comment about the boots. They are lookin' really bad ass, heavy duty, etc., on the pic. Hard decision between 08 and 11... I am really lookin' forward for more pics!

Okay,

I was debating between the White's semi dress or the Alden 405's. It's swaying towards the 405s.

Is there something else like those two?

Also if I go with the 405's, how do they fit?

Thanks to all the psots on this great thread! I ordered my Indys and they fit great!

Your best bet is to email/call them, and they will give great guidance re sizing. :)

they aren't gonna have any idea about Nike sizing compared to aldens.

you should go to a department store and get measured on the brannock device.

I wear 10.5 or 11 in nike and can easily wear 9.5 in alden, some models I can get into a 9. I measure 9.5 on the brannock

Not aged yet... rather they just arrived from Tom at LeatherSoul. I don't think I've seen anyone post a picture of Indys in #8 shell cordovan, so I thought I'd share:

img9243io8.th.jpg

img9240ja5.th.jpg

With the double leather sole, they look pretty different from the stock Indys to me.

Wow. Simply gorgeous. Congrats on the pick up. I think you're right - I haven't seen a #8 Indy posted up here yet.

Did Tom recommend you go with a black polish or a brown one?

Wow. Simply gorgeous. Congrats on the pick up. I think you're right - I haven't seen a #8 Indy posted up here yet.

Did Tom recommend you go with a black polish or a brown one?

Thanks! They're great. The tongue of the boot doesn't slide around as much with the added stiffness of cordovan as it can with my regular Indy's. Looks like someone posted the thumbnails that Tom has on his website here before.

I'm not sure what he would recommend for polish, but I'm using Kiwi cordovan polish. I assume this is what people normally do with #8 since that would be the closest color in polish. I have an Alden shell cordovan belt in #8 as well, and the guys at the NYC store recommended I use Kiwi cordovan on it every so often. (So I assume the same is true with the shoes.)

Allen Edmonds?

Alden Shoes - 1950’s Inspired Split Toe Blucher

From Leather Soul Hawaii:

"Finally back in stock and ready for your Summer wardrobe! Made on the Plaza Last, this Alpine Brown Calf Split Toe Blucher is inspired by a 1950’s era classic American model.

An antiqued double leather sole balances perfectly with this dress-casual blucher.

Available in sizes 6-10.5D.

(Plaza Last, $395.00)"

Yes I did mention they started selling on ebay. How much are they charging shipping? I guess the boots are pretty heavy.

I think I might be making another trip up there in a couple of weeks, I might try the C&J factory shop too this time.