Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

For anybody that's interested, The Shoe Mart has a GREAT deal on black calf Alden ankle boots on the Plaza last. Closeout at only $250. If I was in the mood for a black boot I'd strike. I have no financial interest in this, only thought it was a great deal.

http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?&vendor=ALD&template=men&browse_vendor=1&item=ALD_m_6_Eyelet_Ankle_Boot_Calfskin_co&ps=3&start=11&rpro=

It appears that most of them are on the Trubalance last, except for that AF60. The two new ones at A-of-C are on the Barrie. From what others say, the Plaza is the nicest last. I know this only second hand, tho.

How about a snap or two of that AF60 to go along with these?

For anybody that's interested, The Shoe Mart has a GREAT deal on black calf Alden ankle boots on the Plaza last. Closeout at only $250. If I was in the mood for a black boot I'd strike. I have no financial interest in this, only thought it was a great deal.

http://www.theshoemart.com/cgi-bin/category.cgi?&vendor=ALD&template=men&browse_vendor=1&item=ALD_m_6_Eyelet_Ankle_Boot_Calfskin_co&ps=3&start=11&rpro=

How strange that you would post that. I actually bid on and won an Eprey auction for this very same boot. Except when it was delivered, it wasn’t. What I actually got was a 9-eyelet work boot, Model 307 on the CDI last. As I got it really cheap, and the proceeds go to charity, I didn’t fuss. It ain’t dressy, tho. I consider it my "anti-fit boot" when I'm doing my blue-collar look. I have had less than stellar luck with Eprey, to say the least.

I think I’ll save the pennies and go for the shell cordovan (when the wife isn’t looking).

I know I've only had my boots for a couple of hours but I just can't stop myself from trying to decide what to get next. I know I will get another pair. Special orders are good. They slow me down.

I keep thinking about a Perforated Cap Toe on the plaza last in #8. A bit like this shoe but it's on the wrong last. So sexy.

ALD_m_Medallion_Cap_Toe_Shell_Cordo.jpg

This one is on the Plaza last.

1-1.jpg

Makes me think it's time to move back to Hawaii.

My boots have arrived. I'm loading up more pictures.

These are incredible. I have very happy. Feet.

Alden wingtip boot, cigar shell cordovan.

100_3288.jpg

OMFG those are so beautiful. Congratulations!

One of the few times I'm actually glad that I live in Hawaii (when it comes to fashion that is) as a vendor 5 blocks from my pad has them in stock (along with the limited cigar cordovan Indy's).

I gotta see what these look like in person.

One of the few times I'm actually glad that I live in Hawaii (when it comes to fashion that is) as a vendor 5 blocks from my pad has them in stock (along with the limited cigar cordovan Indy's).

That's not A vendor, that's THE vendor. The shop is called LeatherSoul, and the main man is Tom Park.

Yes, you be lucky you live in Hawaii. Now, go visit.

P.S. - I'm a double U.H.-Manoa alumni ! :cool:

That's not A vendor, that's THE vendor. The shop is called LeatherSoul, and the main man is Tom Park.

Yes, you be lucky you live in Hawaii. Now, go visit.

P.S. - I'm a double U.H.-Manoa alumni ! :cool:

Ah... I spoke with Tom this afternoon. Nice guy. Going to stop by tomorrow afternoon to pick up a pair of something (not sure yet). I'm trying to find something that I can dress up and down. Not sure if that exists... I'm not too hip so hopefully Tom will be able to make some recommendations.

I'm from LA / SD but have lived here 3 years now. :cool:

Tom is THE MAN. He had on a pair of Oni's from BiG and the same watch as me - a green sub.

I saw familyguy's shoes in person and they are even more breath taking on your feet. Pity they didn't have my size...

I'm having him bring in 2 pairs in cigar - the Indy's and the Chukka.

I do love wingtips though but I don't want rubber soles which is what AofC mainly carries. Might be a waiting thing for me...

you rock a green submariner? that's a serious watch, man.

Tom is THE MAN. He had on a pair of Oni's from BiG and the same watch as me - a green sub.

I saw familyguy's shoes in person and they are even more breath taking on your feet. Pity they didn't have my size...

I'm having him bring in 2 pairs in cigar - the Indy's and the Chukka.

I do love wingtips though but I don't want rubber soles which is what AofC mainly carries. Might be a waiting thing for me...

Familyman, excellent purchase. I love that cigar color. So rich. But my g/f has warned me that with two pair of shell (#8 & black) in my closet, "You'd better not even think of buying another pair!" Someone up above wrote how he played the, "Oh, these? These are old", act on his significant other. I've used that before. I don't think it will work this time. She's drawn the line.

you can go the animal rights route. since it is illegal to kill horses for leather in the u.s., people have to wait around till they die of natural causes. whereas with cows, it's slaughter-time. with shell cordos lasting over 20 years, you will undoubtedly save the lives of many cows.

you can go the time route, too. shell cordovan means less time shopping for new shoes to replace your worn out ones, it also means less time spent polishing.

shell cordos save money in the long run. less money spent on new shoes and repairs.

im not sure who miz is replying to but his sentiment it is spot on, spending 3x as much on a 10x better product is better for the earth, society and the consumer, disposable products are a waste of time resources and money ( if you want to be green and/or good for society ). Think of all the materials that go into nikes and if you wear em every day for a year or two they fall apart. So after the nth pair you've bought its logical to assume that if you had bought a pair of quality leather boots in the first place it would be a more efficient use of labour, materials, shipping, carbon footprint ( no pun ) and ones own dollar. The same can be said for buying quality jeans, jackets, jumpers etc etc

I cant wait till I grow up earn some money and can own some cordovans.

Miz/Viv, I hear ya both. Your logic, as Spock would say, is impeccable. My g/f herself believes it is better, if one can, to spend more on an item of quality than less for something inferior. She doesn't begrudge me nice things, it's only when I begin piling up things that she'll make the observation that I'm being indulgent. She's funny: When I mentioned Samurai 710 she looked at my stack of jeans and said, sarcastically, "Oh, yeah, you've got alot wear on these". If I just lay low for awhile I should be able to go for pair number three with no problemo.

因為穿牛仔褲子時間長了所以選擇的鞋子也幾乎都是跟牛仔褲較搭的硬派風格

貼出來大家參考一下

1082366803ak1.jpg

這雙是2000年之前TOY McCOY出品復刻1940'S BUCO的工程師靴

整雙鞋以馬皮製作,質感絕佳

1082366850je2.jpg

這雙是英國皇室御用Tricker's的經典款式,雖然很紳士感卻意外的很配

較窄版的牛仔褲

1082366884cy8.jpg

80年代ALL STAR MADE in U.S.A

1082366894ci4.jpg

70年代ALL STAR MADE in U.S.A