Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

my 10 year-old marlboro classics - resoled with vibram soles a couple of years ago, worn fairly regularly for the whole time...

5078586789_51c99b71cb_b.jpg

Nice stuff killer_b and it's good to see some more footwear of a decent age.

Unfortunately it looks like Lionel Ritchie has borrowed them for a spot of 'Dancing on the Ceiling'.

Why does the welt stitch go all the way around for dress shoes and not boots?

As fre$co said, you can find 360 degree Goodyear welts in boots as well (most fine English country boots are done that way). Although I've noticed that many respected American brands tend to go the half-welt + steel shank approach to their more basic boots - e.g. Indy boots vs. Ultimate Indy boots, etc.

I've read that the half-welt allows for a sleeker heel profile - but I haven't noticed significant differences (not that I've looked hard, though.)

It is definitely sleeker to have a half welt with a close trim heel.

A half welt is not only for basic boots or inferior as is the impression I get from your post (not sure if that is what you actually mean).

Alden use it on many of their shell cordovan boots too. White's use it on the majority of their boots. I also have a pair of Alden cordovan dress shoes with a half welt and close trim heel.

^ Oh, I by no means regard it as inferior - sorry for the misleading tone.

I just meant that the half-welt is the default construct of many US boots.

Thanks for the extra info ;)

Btw, anybody dealt with Ultrasound Boots before?

^ Cheers, I'll give him a PM soon.

Need more of his boots and dog in here.

So far the pricing that Ultrasound is offering for in-stock boots is very similar to Baker's, White's website, etc - but it seems they won't be doing navy CXL as a custom option.

(Hoping to do a navy CXL through Baker's in July!)

No worries

There has been mention of ultrasound here. I think Davichan might have been in contact with them about a custom White's order.

Yup,

i exchanged a few e-mails back and forth with Ultrasound,

they were very nice, and fairly priced as mentioned.

at the time around jan 2011, before Whites released that Classic Work boot model, Ultrasound seemed to be able a few options that only an Asian importer could mod to Whites that was not available dealing directly with Whites.

there seems to be allot of that still going on with Whites Japanese dealers, getting special flavors of Horween leathers, and punched cap toe, along with a few other minor things..

in the end, I didn't end dealing with Ultrasound, only because i was eventually able to have Whites build out what i wanted.

but i am still always checking out their blog and Facebook profile to see the cool shit they are building out over there.

def worth a tease for Whites fans..

^ Good to hear.

I've also found Bootsman in HK, and this fellow called Jeff in TW (who also sells Alden, etc).

P.S. The wait for my CXL Indy's is now that little bit longer...

Navy is coming soon!

To White's fans: we are considering bringing in Natural Chrome Excel into White's lineup of leathers. We need to get a pretty healthy opening order to make this happen. I just want to put some feelers in the market and see if people would be interested? This leather would be available on all styles including Smoke Jumpers (NW last, Bounty Hunter, Standard) Semi Dress and Oxfords.

Please respond to this post or email me direct:

[email protected]

Thank you all!

Kyle

Baker's Shoes

www.bakershoe.com

riff, you are a naughty boy!
What did you get Riff?! Don't be coy.

Riff they look lovely. I want my white's!

My wife surprised me with them. They were supposed to be a father's day present, but a funny set of circumstances forced her to reveal them, ha!

White's new "Classic Worker", black chromexcel....

9b2d16de.jpg

To White's fans: we are considering bringing in Natural Chrome Excel into White's lineup of leathers. We need to get a pretty healthy opening order to make this happen. I just want to put some feelers in the market and see if people would be interested?

Kyle

Baker's Shoes

www.bakershoe.com

YES!! At last! Hey Kyle - nice to see you here! My wife says you're a real sweetie to work with! :)

sounds great Kyle but id rather see you guys try and break japan exclusivity for brown horsehide leather and perforated captoe. any news on those options?

cheers

edit; lovely looking pair of White's Riff!