Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

This is a problem that you're going to encounter with any steel toe boot... it's unavoidable. From my understanding, the celastic toe is simply a reinforcement for the toe box and not in any way a replacement for a steel toe. And to comply with my company (as well as gov't regulations), I have to have a steel toe boot.

When I tried to get the SD with a Steel Toe, I was told directly by White's that they hadn't tested the boot with the steel toe and they did not want to sell a product they couldn't stand by.

Ultrasound has some pics of s Steel Toe SD:

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/kj17578/article?mid=357

Not sure if it was a sample or what.

When I tried to get the SD with a Steel Toe, I was told directly by White's that they hadn't tested the boot with the steel toe and they did not want to sell a product they couldn't stand by.

SD is a light utility shoe with no reason to have a steel toe, other than fashionz. If you want that look, go with a double celastic toe.

Steel toes tear because there's no give for the leather when you scuff or drop something on the toe. Double celastic has a lot of protection (I have that) but is not tested to withstand high weights like steel, therefore not regulation for jobs that require the protection. Double celastic toe is less likely to tear because there's more give behind the leather. Also largely depends on the type of leather.

I usually wear sneaker with denim.

so wearing semi-dress feels little bit weired because of those arch support.

recently there's some people orderd their SD with 1/4 lower heels.

seems that lower heel with compsition half sole looks pretty stable.

but, '1/4 lower heel' can arch support just like original height heel?

I just want to know for my next pair of white's.

just bought my first pair of English made boots; a pair of Alfred Sargent Culford boots. already suffering from buyers remorse lol

lets see how these play out in the fit department

Nice, I used to have a shell suit back in the 80s, but that's a whole other matter...

"New" pair of shell shoes I picked up from a user off another forum...

P5030214Large.jpg

My first taste of real shell and now now the bank account is going to hate me........

Honestly, I don't think I could pull off an Engineer boot. I really like the look of them, but they're just not for me.

Anyways, thanks for the help folks. I rep'd where I could and will get back to others later.

I have a question about shoe repair and I do not know where to post the question other than here, so here it is.

I have a pair of shoes with a double leather sole and the bottom layer has started to split apart from the top layer in one area. My question is: how do cobblers fix this without resoling (I do not have the money to pay someone to do a good job right now)? Or rather, can I just glue it back together myself without messing up the possibility of resoling them later?

If I can do it myself, what type of glue/adhesive should I use?

Along the lines of superglue, Gorilla Glue might do the trick. It's incredibly strong and flexible even - to a point. If you go this route USE AS LITTLE AS POSSIBLE because that glue does not mess around and it likes to expand into a harder foam as it dries.

How bad is it? Sometimes you might see a superficial gap appearing that doesn't come to anything. Anything more then a cobbler will do it. It happened on the heel of my trickers and the cobbler put s couple of nails in. I have my dads red wings which have the sole splitting because the welt stitch has rotten. Certainly not a job for super glue!

Malton returned today from Shoehealer with a commando sole replacing the original leather outer sole . Whilst i love the job done on the stitching the most striking feature is the vastly improved contrasting finish to the outer edges of the sole/heels which is better than the original Trickers finish . Not a great pic tho ,that doesnt really do the boots justice .

006-4.jpg