Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

you just found a pair of original army issue wwii roughouts sitting at your local army navy store for $75.00. Un issued?

not from a local shop, but an online store for a shop in DE (dover army navy). they had one pair of boots, roughouts in 6.5E, in their wwII "collectors" section. i'm a girl so i figured i wouldnt be able to stumble upon a size like this again.

heres a picture:

5938.JPG

it says they're unissued and originals, they look kinda beat but i'm guessing that could also be from how old they [maybe] are. they don't have the rivet though, and i thought all of the originals did? maybe its because of the sizing? i dunno.

not from a local shop, but an online store for a shop in DE (dover army navy). they had one pair of boots, roughouts in 6.5E, in their wwII "collectors" section. i'm a girl so i figured i wouldnt be able to stumble upon a size like this again.

heres a picture:

5938.JPG

it says they're unissued and originals, they look kinda beat but i'm guessing that could also be from how old they [maybe] are. they don't have the rivet though, and i thought all of the originals did? maybe its because of the sizing? i dunno.

yes, they do look unissued, just dirty. When do you get yours? They still have on online but in that size is why they still have them....

nice pick up.

Amazing find! Those are original WWII issue USN/USMC roughouts.

heres a picture:

5938.JPG

Any info on these Aldens. Inside says "Made specially for Steve Petix" and they were made in USA, and I believe it also says Beverly Hills MI. Size 11, so they were a bit small for me, but was wondering if they were worth anything, they were marked $40 in the shop.

I think they're the madallions, would it be worth going and buying to try to trade/resell? http://www.aldenshop.com/DrawOneShoe.asp?CategoryID=36

alden1.jpg

alden2.jpg

not exactly [ancient], but ....

one small [but flattering] sign that your shoes does not suck is when people on the street [on different continents] approach you to ask what or where you got your "kicks", lulz!

@the GROVE__ on Fairfax & 3rd, Los Angeles

aldenGrove.jpg

yamatoNRT3.jpg

FCIndyORD.jpg

AldenKix.jpg

ok i need some help.... ive never had leather boots before so i kopped a 10.5 and 11 in wolverine 1000 mile boots...

i am kinda lost as to which size is better for me... i normally wear 11- 11.5 in sneaks and 10.5 in chucks but in these the 10.5 is alitte snug in the instep and the sides of the toes but the 11s are alittle long for me.. (feels like it anyways)

what do you guys think i should keep? im so ambivalent