Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

maybethe sole and leather is easily sourced but then they probably take shortcuts with sewing and details

i just looked at the pair you posted and the sewing looks a lot nicer than on mine, mine were 10€ cheaper so i'm not gonna complain

I can post inside pics. The "at the front" are proper rough out, not suede. Hawthorne Iron Rangers are actually less rough side out and more leather with distressing. Certainly not the same quality but for $110 instead of $270 I'll give it a go.

As far as the differences in uppers I have seen talk that the non-riveted ones are Marine issue where as the others are Army replica's FWIW. Other slight differences prob relate to manufacturer?

M43 is the new semi dress/Indy/875.

I made this observation in real life about a week ago. I like mine a lot though, there could be worse boots to catch fire in this thread.

Also, just wanted to point out that the soles used on the At The Front, and other versions isn't the same as that which is used on the Ricksons.

trying to decide between two, advice welcomed:

Baker Shoes retro Americana Semi-Dress (cap-toe, British tan) in my Red Wing size (13EE) - ~$510 with options

Wesco Jobmasters (brown/tan, cap-toe, Cambrelle lining) custom fit - $700 with options

I'm guessing the Wescos will take far longer to get built.

WESCO order wait is 11-12 weeks right now. Hearing White's is 3-4 weeks

would anyone recommend i use Pecard leather dressing on these? I'm an idiot when it comes to leather care and figured this would be the best place to ask

probably some beeswax or mink oil or something else waxy would do it but someone who knows what they're talking about answer this guy.

I haven't ordered from White's directly, but I have heard that if you are wanting something out of the ordinary, it can be pretty hit-or-miss, and based on the experiences I have had with Baker's, and the awareness they have of all the potential options, and what they are called in english (versus build spec numbers for Whites) I would certainly be comfortable going through them.

would anyone recommend i use Pecard leather dressing on these? I'm an idiot when it comes to leather care and figured this would be the best place to ask

Assuming the leather isn't silicone tanned (which it doesn't look to be) Pecards should be fine. I use their leather dressing on most of my boots (you can always spot test to be sure it doesn't darken the leather too much).

My new ALDEN for WinnPerry was waiting for me on my bed after a long day of work. I am pretty pleased overall with them, but was almost disappointed when i first opened the box. I think they do actually look good in day light though! I hope to wear them often and not baby them, but also not kick the shit out of them either since they did cost a fair bit.. So i will post more worn in pics in a few months. As for now - some candy for you all:

4290369626_5309c349df.jpg

4290369618_bb981f1b64.jpg

4290369622_60abd792c7.jpg

4290369620_6ca18f4dd8.jpg

I know these are supposed to be casual boots so I'll be wearing with my jeans for the most part, but how do they look with a suit?

4289635343_b2b71b0179.jpg

if you wear them with a suit just make sure they're not beat up at all... You'll have to decide if they're dress boots or jean boots.

You can wear dress shoes/boots with jeans, but not work boots/shoes with suits...

if you wear them with a suit just make sure they're not beat up at all... You'll have to decide if they're dress boots or jean boots.

You can wear dress shoes/boots with jeans, but not work boots/shoes with suits...

i disagree, sir. a nicely worn pair of boots can go both ways as long as they are properly cared for.

i disagree, sir. a nicely worn pair of boots can go both ways as long as they are properly cared for.

I guess it depends on our definition of worn boots. I'm talking about how most of the boots on this thread look after a few years of use.

If you're talking about dress boots with creases then yes, if you talking smoke jumpers with a nice shine, then no, imo.

Tell that to Johnny Depp. I guess when you're just that famous, you can get away with any look.

johnny_depp_300x400.jpg

293.depp.johnny.120407.jpg