Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to jasonfoote303 again. -> amazing collection of Alden shoes

Those Cushman boots look nice but they look too similar to my Alden Jumper boots

big fan of those new warehouse plain toe boots though

I got my Tricker's Stows in the post today. Went for Espresso Burnished with a dainite sole.

4112564298_20436210f9_o.jpg

I went down a half size to a UK7.5, and while the length is perfect, I feel they are a touch snug in terms of width. I'm not sure if I should go up to an 8 though and risk them being too long. Any thoughts?

I really like these. I bought the darker brown version last year which were nice but still too big after sizing down half to 10.5. I sent them back for a return, but decided to call Bakershoe and just ask for a refund due to how bulbous the toe box was. It just didn't work for me at the time. These do not seem as bad as those, and i have seen the same difference in other peoples posts. These are really making me want to give it another try.

got my red wings today (8112), i'm very happy with the purchase.

DSCN2718.jpg

DSCN2719.jpg

Why don't exchange for the same UK7.5, but with size 6 width?

After wearing them around the house a little this afternoon and this evening they feel a lot better, in fact, they feel very comfortable. Maybe it was just the stiffness of the leather at first that had me concerned. A UK8 would probably be too big. Can you get Stows in a 6 width? I've only seen them around in the 5 fitting.

I got my Tricker's Stows in the post today. Went for Espresso Burnished with a dainite sole.

4112564298_20436210f9_o.jpg

I went down a half size to a UK7.5, and while the length is perfect, I feel they are a touch snug in terms of width. I'm not sure if I should go up to an 8 though and risk them being too long. Any thoughts?

I have a pair and I'd go for your correct size. While they are a roomy boot they are nothing like say a Barrie last in Aldens where you need to downsize. Come winter you may well be glad of some extra room for thick socks!

Saying that, I like a bit of room in a boot, down to personal tase really. Too tight and it gets uncomfortable, especially with Trickers. They tough old daisys!

which db's are those (as in which colour, beeswax??) and what did you use to polish them?

everything looks great!

They are beeswax.

I brushed them with a horsehair brush, used kiwi saddle soap to clean them, and then oiled them with kiwi mink oil