IMG_1031.jpg

smoke jumper with cats paw half soles

_MG_0471.jpg

_MG_0475.jpg

smoke jumper captoe

IMG_0018-1.jpg

semi dress fukurokuju custom

IMG_0320.jpg

Since my dreams of a INDY Boot on the Modified Last were crushed by Alden (No EEE Make-up), I'm seriously considering a pair of INDYs on the traditional Trubalance Last.

Based only on pictures, I am also considering the 1000 Mile Boot from Wolverine. I've noticed that the 1000 Mile Boot is the only boot in the Wolverine 'High End' line that comes in a EEE.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the two boots - to make it fair, if I go INDY, I will likely put in an order with LeatherSoul and wait for Ultimate INDY. I'm really curious on fit / comfort / quality and finally overall style (I like the way both of them look).

I've considered White's Semi-Dress or Smoke Jumper 6" but I just hate that heel.. My wife thinks they look pretty feminine as well - I know you guys disagree... Finding a place to try on in NYC is a big problem as well.

Thanks! Mike147

Ahhhhh, All those shoes and nobody to wear them. Sitting lonely in a closet or display case....

Ed: That collection is fucking awesome. I was thinking about going with a different company for my next pair of boots, but I think I'll be returning to White's. Semi-dress would compliment my Bounty Hunters nicely.

Since my dreams of a INDY Boot on the Modified Last were crushed by Alden (No EEE Make-up), I'm seriously considering a pair of INDYs on the traditional Trubalance Last.

Based only on pictures, I am also considering the 1000 Mile Boot from Wolverine. I've noticed that the 1000 Mile Boot is the only boot in the Wolverine 'High End' line that comes in a EEE.

I would love to hear your thoughts on the two boots - to make it fair, if I go INDY, I will likely put in an order with LeatherSoul and wait for Ultimate INDY. I'm really curious on fit / comfort / quality and finally overall style (I like the way both of them look).

I've considered White's Semi-Dress or Smoke Jumper 6" but I just hate that heel.. My wife thinks they look pretty feminine as well - I know you guys disagree... Finding a place to try on in NYC is a big problem as well.

Thanks! Mike147

get the ultimate indy's

Speaking of the 1000 mile boot, does anyone have any info regarding sizing? Particularly in relation to Red Wing sizing.

Mike

same as RW and indy's, down 1/2

i just got a pair in the mail to try out and i'm not severely impressed. i'll try and get a few photos up sometime

same as RW and indy's, down 1/2

i just got a pair in the mail to try out and i'm not severely impressed. i'll try and get a few photos up sometime

Thanks for the info. Now you've got me concerned as I'm about to pull the trigger on a pair. I look forward to pics and your concerns with these.

Christ I sized down a whole size on my GTS and probably could have gone another .5

Same thing happened when I ordered Iron Rangers last winter. Went from 11" to 10.5" and am pretty sure I could have gone down to a 10" if not wearing a thick sock.

Hey guys I was wondering what would you recommend for a good winter boot. Also do the red wing Iron Ranger run large?

Yup, half a size for most but there are always exceptions.

How is the sizing on Red Wing boots?

More particularly the 875 boots?

To give you a guide I am a size 7 Wide in sperry and a size 8US in Vans.

Most websites seem to have size 8 in Red Wing boots as the smallest but I am not sure if that would be too big for me.

You probably need a 7.5 or 7 (I don't know exactly how the 875 fits). But based on my 1907s I wouldn't size the 875 the same as the Iron Ranger or GT as both of those are on a different last than the 875. While I need an 11 in GTs and Iron Rangers my 11.5 1907s are almost too short. Red Wing sizing is definitely not universal.

Sizing down did not work for me for all "non-soft-toe" Red Wings, e.g. Ironrangers or Engineers. Probably due to the width of the shoes. My feet are (comfortably) wedged in there without reaching anywhere near the front. This works perfectly well for me. I want to buy moc-toe GTs next and I'm not quite sure whether I could size down a whole size. Felt comfortable when trying, but I'm just plain nervous buying shoes from the same company in two different sizes.

Thanks! Mike147

hope this helps your dilemma. i checked out the store on 59th x Madison [NYC] for a pair of chukkas, but got smitten by the black Indys. the contrast stitching on black leather was a nice tweak, imo. just got them on the road today, so i can't tell you about how they wear. but, based on 1st day break in, they're pretty comfortable.

btw, there's nothing feminine about those heavy ass Smoke Jumpers. i got the 10" 10E, but they're a bit tight on me at the bridge [for a wide] so they're not getting the mileage that they deserve.

AldenKix.jpg

AldenOrtho.jpg

as promised, some thrashed old vans:

black eras. 3+ years wear. faded to grey from the elements (mostly sun). yellow paint spots from painting my hallway. spilled the blue paint on em when setting up my (surfboard) shaping bay in my garage. liked the shade, so i just gave the rest of the shoes a few strokes. i get a lot of compliments on these (trust me, i can't believe it either) from guys and cute girls alike. a lot of people ask if i "made them" lol. i still wear them a lot, they are the most comfy shoes ever now. probably on their last legs though, unfortunately:

4069622893_f1dcfcd5bf.jpg

details. toe hole repaired a couple times (sewing through the rubber is a bitch):

4070383062_2dbcc2b9ae.jpg

upper separating from soles at balls of my feet:

4070384750_b233c369ea.jpg

next to a much healthier pair:

4069626195_479206be2a.jpg

with some friends. note all 3 holes/repairs same place, same foot. odd?

4070386318_5a3440b78a.jpg

even more odd - skater tears on left shoe even though i'm goofy... :confused:

4069627707_41a35ff5be.jpg

my "workboots"

4069629989_b153c6439a.jpg

4070390024_3d23a27477.jpg

Personally I think vans look best brand new and unworn. The same with workboots. The least amount of wear the better. Tip-Top. (10)

Also, no sneakers please. Thanks.
as promised, some thrashed old vans black eras. 3+ years wear.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0

Sizing down did not work for me for all "non-soft-toe" Red Wings, e.g. Ironrangers or Engineers. Probably due to the width of the shoes. My feet are (comfortably) wedged in there without reaching anywhere near the front. This works perfectly well for me. I want to buy moc-toe GTs next and I'm not quite sure whether I could size down a whole size. Felt comfortable when trying, but I'm just plain nervous buying shoes from the same company in two different sizes.
moc-toe GTs were the first pair of RWs I ever bought.felt the same like you when trying in a shop,got talked into going one size down so I ordered that size at cultizm.didnt realized they were too small by half a size than,but they are.

if you go down half a size you should be fine.if they are slightly to big you can play with insoles.