Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

5513588176_671364e41a.jpg

I got these in the mail today, won them on eBay for 50 bucks (the words "mountain light" were nowhere in the auction, so I was the only bidder).

Barely worn, super comfortable. Just took a walk to get some new laces to replace the stock green ones. Loving them.

No fuss but man..u just did see a serious workman wearing hard on that boots .i realy wana join them ..in quest to find old jeans in old miner..n wearing my jeans,boots,workshirt...doing what this shit is made for.its like ur 2nd skin...n all the wear ,scratch,fades..its just a cycle of life.long live superdenim.

Are you some sort of crazy Meta Troll?

What makes those Danner's Mountain Lights? I'm totally ignorant about Danners but I have a pair of vintage Danners that I inherited from a family member that I put on ebay in the fall for $10 and didn't get a single bid. They look similar to your ebay score - same lace tabs, similar looking leather, similar lacing scheme down the foot. I think I had like 3 or 4 people watching it...maybe I misrepresented them in some way or maybe people aren't into vintage Danners. I think they look cool but they are super heavy duty - way overkill for me.

The arch on the SJ is much more pronounced (hence higher heel) than on the SD, davi. Down to their oxfords which have no arch at all.

so could you say the SD last is more comfortable then a SJ last?

or a matter of personal foot ache needs?

thanks Morse for explaining.. much appreciated!

Those are fantastic doc.

We have a very similar shoe fetish fresco:). Does it piss you off how short the laces on our Russell's are?

Yeah I think we do. What are you buying next? haha

Russell laces are pretty rubbish.

How's the sizing on the William Lennon boots? I'm an 11 in Redwing GT's and Wolverine 1000's. I'm thinking a 10UK might be too small and an 11UK too big.

I would suggest a UK10 judging from my conversations with them. PaulT and denimjunky will be able to answer your question though

I don't think they'd have a problem with doing half sizes, given that their boots are made to order.

As far as I know, they don't do half sizes

Guest denimefreak21oz
Dude is trollin' hard all over the place... and his incorrect use of and/ or lack of punctuation makes it impossible to discern what he's saying.

ha ha u just talked to a mirror..its all back at u numb nuts....u tracking me..thats great.

so could you say the SD last is more comfortable then a SJ last? or a matter of personal foot ache needs?

I totally agree with ed. Imo more arch=more comfort. But the SJ is much more of a work shoe made for lifting and hauling, and the SD is a light utility/fashion shoe.

Yeah I think we do. What are you buying next? haha

I really need something in leather fresco...my Russells and both my Whites are roughout/suede. My Obenouf's is collecting dust! haha. Loving the Russell short PH in nice brown smooth leather, and I think I have to own a pair of White's SD at some point in my life. What are you thinking about next?

thanks Morse,

I just got off talking with Whites about some of their lasts styles, and figured to share the news here as well:

4811 - (Smoke Jumper) highest arch support and , their classic standard for all non SD boots

55 - (Semidress) mid-arch support, more narrower toe-box

9338 - (Swing) mid-arch, similar to the SD toe-box has extra room on the small pinky-toe side

Northwest - their flattest for low arch support, based from a oxford/ walking/hiking boot used primarily with flat Vibram or Unit soles

I would suggest a UK10 judging from my conversations with them. PaulT and denimjunky will be able to answer your question though

As far as I know, they don't do half sizes

Here's the reply I got from William Lennon.

"If a US size 11 is what you usually wear, our size UK10 will be fine for you - we make the 78PTC on a 'EE' width fitting UK full size last which is a generous fit."

I totally agree with ed. Imo more arch=more comfort. But the SJ is much more of a work shoe made for lifting and hauling, and the SD is a light utility/fashion shoe.

I really need something in leather fresco...my Russells and both my Whites are roughout/suede. My Obenouf's is collecting dust! haha. Loving the Russell short PH in nice brown smooth leather, and I think I have to own a pair of White's SD at some point in my life. What are you thinking about next?

I keep coming back to SD. Dress brown, single leather sole with natural edge and vibram half sole, standard last, standard heel. Trying to hold off because I am broke but I have put that in my basket countless times on the bakers website.

It's my birthday soon so maybe I'll cave.

Other than that, I will someday order another russell, maybe a thinsulate lined one for winter and some roughout White's oxfords, I'm supposedly going to Hawaii in September so I may be tempted in leathersoul...... oops.

Here's the reply I got from William Lennon.

"If a US size 11 is what you usually wear, our size UK10 will be fine for you - we make the 78PTC on a 'EE' width fitting UK full size last which is a generous fit."

Are you ordering? I hope they work out well.

^I recognize that feeling, Fre$co.

Reddog smooth upper and brown smooth vamp in my case.

Regarding the WLs, I got size 9 which is supposed to be 43 in EU. They are quite on the roomy side but without being to big.

My EU sie is 43.

I also wear 9US in RWs and White's!

thanks a lot mike147

anybody got an idea on how much will cost alden boots (cordo/ no cordo) on the modified last?

Sorry - been off for a while...

Moulded charges a lot for their shoes and boots - more than Leather Soul, et-al... But they are in a real Alden Niche - one of the only real places to get Modified Last Make-ups in North America. They'll cost you $1000 in Japan and probably close to the same at Anatomica in Paris - In Shell...

So I think Moulded is gonna get you for $470 or so for a pair of make-ups in Calf (fully leather lined, not the standard duck lined Footbalance Line Stuff) and in the event that he has Shell (which is very rare on Modified Last), you'll looking at $600+ easy.. You are probably going to be limited to a pair of boots or two in Shell..

Also of interest - They do Modified Last INDY Boots and lots of Modified Last Boots in general.

Also - if you get a pair and get sized well... Put your name of The Shoe Mart's Alden Seconds list. They get some Modified Stuff that comes out of Japan and is really kick ass. Stuff you will really have trouble getting in the US. I'm fucked cause I wear a 9.5 EEE and there aren't any guys in Japan getting size up that...

Shipping might be expensive to Europe, but if you're patient - you might find some really cool shit