Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

Would love to see pictures of these when they arrive, because last time I tried to do this, I got an email back saying they could not do it because it was exclusive to wings+horns. after, they proceeded to redirect me to a pair they COULD offer me, which looked nothing like them, in fact it looked to be part rough-out part their standard leather. :confused:

I just had these made by Dayton. You'll have to call them and ask for the same service boots they made for wings and horns. I went with leather soles but you can get them with a nitrile (vibram like) sole also. They come out to be around $475 when it's all said and done and it took 6 weeks for me to get them.

These are an 8.5 (fit like 9.5). I put them up for sale on styleforum as I could really use the money but I'm second guessing it.

oie23125540pa5dwjky.jpg

wow, not so roughout anymore are they, barely a hair left. I swear that shit eventually just turns into regular leather.

That's as much to do from treating them with Pecard's as it is from wear.

I have no idea, why would you say?

^Stavrin, SDs look great!

because they sell used "smelly" socks, underwear and other perverted items that only one type of person would buy.

and agree... slim down those black SD...

Thanks for the rep, everyone. Just sent those black boots in for the new heel and removal of the Vibram midsole. Can't wait to get them back.

good call... they'll look even better when you get them back...

A quick question to the brit boys - is there a UK equivalent to obenaufs, etc? My Tricker's are looking dry, and I'd like to get my William Lennons prepared for the winter soon as they arrive.

for me trickers leather really are dry imo just put shoe polish in them

ive handled a pair last week and man they do feel dry

because there really is not a proper forum to post questions about boots, excuse this please..

Being in NYC, funny enough, it is almost impossible to test fit or pick-up and fell any of these boots in the real.

i am very interested in pursuing a custom rough-out 6 inch boot with one of these companies so,

i would love to hear from the group what they think about comparing these companies boots vs one another,

in craft or any other comments about comparing them to one another please.

i only made parentheses to show my personal intreats in particular models. but fell free to comment away on any.

thank you.

WHITES (smokejumper)

VIBERG (ironworker)

WESCO (jobmaster)

wesco is most comfy and quality is impecable!

whites are more rugged and vintage feel to it even the comfort is kind of vintage to me

viberg quality is great too theyre inbetween these two

if you decide on getting viberg just join the group buy

wesco is most comfy and quality is impecable!

whites are more rugged and vintage feel to it even the comfort is kind of vintage to me

viberg quality is great too theyre inbetween these two

if you decide on getting viberg just join the group buy

Eddie,

thank you!

i am gonna throw you a curve-ball as well knowing you might be able to comment..

throw LONE WOLF (logger) into that mix?

what are your thoughts?

and where is the group buy for Viberg?? link me please to more info on that..??

thank you

I'm no expert, but I highly, highly recommend White's. I just got my pair in today. I ordered some two-tone rough-out Bounty Hunters from Baker's, and they're absolutely great. (Smoke Jumpers in a Semi-Dress Last.) Not really experiencing any break-in period at all.

Leather quality/and overall SOLID feel of the boots are great. Pics to come.

So it's pretty hard to actually capture the color of the boots. The upper shaft is red dog rough-out, and and in real life they're slightly less red than they're showing up in the pictures. The vamp/counter is distressed rough-out. I was a bit worried about the color combination, but turns out in real life, it looks prett good IMO. I think the last picture is most representative. And as I wear them in, I'm sure it'll be less and less noticeable, sadly. They're super comfy, and I ordered my red wing size.

5229717045_0d4ae3e7fb.jpg

5230309828_9294b92b19.jpg

5229718193_a53a8bea40.jpg