Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

has anyone had Roughouts from more than one vendor (say WWII Impressions & At The Front, for example) that can offer any insights to quality differences? if i recall correctly, ww2i boots are made in the US, which gives them a huge advantage over competitors, but i'd still like to know.

even more unlikely: has anyone had both the USMC and the Army versions? i know the USMC ones don't have the rivets and have a different toe profile - is either style significantly "better" than the other for any reason?

sizing is more or less true on these right? not like Alden or RW?

From at the front:

Fit: These are patterned from an original WWII Boot which run a half size larger than modern ones. Thus, if you wear a half size, order down, not up. For example, if you wear a 10.5, order a 10.

Width: Although they are marked "D", all of our boots are made on an "E" (wide) last. If you have extra narrow feet, an insole and thicker socks may work. For extra wide feet you can try going up a size. Most people have honestly been able to find something that fits. There have been far fewer problems with this sizing than I had anticipated.

Those Townmasters are legit. Thanks for sharing.

yea they rock;

i am on rotation on belstaff boots mainly. caterpillars are nice too.

Mr Hare shoes are new and summer shoes. thet are absolutely gorgeous ansd too bad you cant smell that leather.

ill make (or try to) better pics asap

Yes, Redwing was "first" with that sole, but Trickers was where some people started thinking:

"Hey, i would like a pair of otherwise sleek dress shoes, but with a huge fugly sole under it".

Granted, those Redwings there are luckily devoid of brogue and pastel colours.

I actually remember those "fat soles in a dress-shoe" from the 80's rockabilly-psychobilly era, and this style evolved from teddy boys and 60's mods I believe. You've propably seen some Trickers collaboration since they would never do it on their own! :)

I've always thought that those Redwings are just low top workboots. And yeah, the heavy sole looks really unbalanced!

opeth what boots are those and where did you get them? They are gorgeous
just US service boots. he bought them from this shop: http://www.troph-e-shop.com/de/us-kampfschuhe-rauhleder.html

that's what I also wanted to do since several months...

Yes i got them from troph-e-shop. You should get them B_F. Not the best quality perhaps but I'm sure they will last a me a decent amount of time!

Anybody else in here have 2268s, and can possibly help me with sizing? I've talked to a few people on here and they say TTS. My I wear GTs and Iron Rangers tts (12) with an insole and they fir perfectly, 875 and 877s are 12 w/o an insole.

I'm thinking go tts and hopefully it'll work out. Any input?

I also picked up the Red Wing heritage catalog today. I'll try to post some pictures later today.

Does red wing ever plan on offering the 2268 or the 2269 in the states? What's the deal?

The 2991s are nice, but they have the cork sole which I like, but I would rather have the soles on the 2268(9).

I've owned two pairs of 2268's and, IMO, they are a half size too big. Edit: I've ended up selling the both of them as they are really bulky boots.

Whatever you do, DO NOT buy these 2268's that are currently available:

Click here > These won't look better with age, no matter how you look at it!!

Haha that's pretty funny. Might just wait to get a pair of engineers as I have plenty of boots in my rotation now, or might just get some with the crepe sole.

anybody else excited that it´s March and time for the first Roy boot preorder to come in ?

I'm trying not to think about it. I wonder when they are suppose to find their way out.

wait what is the rule of thumb when you want to put insoles on yer boots? you size up half so a spenco ( example) insole can fit? so i would bring a pair of spenco everytime im going to buy me a new boots?