Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

But at what percentage off, would you buy them? That's what I really want to know. I'm just speaking hypothetically of course, considering they are all sold out.

Like I said before, I am willing to pay 600 or like 650 for them. I understand that they are handmade and crafted for a single run and I like supporting local business, but $900 is just a bit too much. I'll say this again. The boots are absolutely beautiful, but there isn't enough different/special about them for me to justify the purchase. Maybe if I knew who made them (cobbler) and where they were made I could justify them. Like the Rising Sun jeans. They are like $600 bucks and that is a lot. With that comes knowing who makes them (I think I could even watch them make them if I wanted) and picking the type of denim you want on them, plus the jeans aren't like any other brand out there (blacksmith style that is).

Yes bill bought the MF boots, and at inspiration he bought the wesco japan only narrow engineers, that model is jared, he owns the boots as well...

And if you're curious about christophes wear on his boots, you should see how he works everyday, dude is always on his knees or under his truck or carrying boxes, etc etc, I've handled bothe pairs of christophes, both the prototype and production model, the production model is black, but has hints or burgandy and brown and the colors will show up as the boot wears.

Here's what I don't get. Why pay over a grand for the Narrow Wesco'? You can have the same thing made in the US for about $700. Sure, you'd have to wait a long time due to Wesco's rediculous turnaround time, but that's when you pick up a pair of say...Red Wing 2268's to hold you over. That's two pairs of Engineer Boots for less than the price of one.

Although, I am opposed to the price of MF boots, I would sooner choose his over the Narrow Wesco's. I did; however, purchase the R. McCoys Horsehide Buco for close to $1,000, but that's because I had to pay proxy fees/taxes.

I can't get over how MF chose the high placement of the instep strap. I just don't get it...

Here's what I don't get. Why pay over a grand for the Narrow Wesco'? You can have the same thing made in the US for about $700. Sure, you'd have to wait a long time due to Wesco's rediculous turnaround time, but that's when you pick up a pair of say...Red Wing 2268's to hold you over. That's two pairs of Engineer Boots for less than the price of one.

Although, I am opposed to the price of MF boots, I would sooner choose his over the Narrow Wesco's. I did; however, purchase the R. McCoys Horsehide Buco for close to $1,000, but that's because I had to pay proxy fees/taxes.

I can't get over how MF chose the high placement of the instep strap. I just don't get it...

Also, the Buco's are horsehide. The MFs are cow hide. Not saying one is definitely better than the other, but horsehide is a bit more exotic. Typically one pays about a $200 markup for horsehide over cow hide.

Also, the Buco's are horsehide. The MFs are cow hide. Not saying one is definitely better than the other, but horsehide is a bit more exotic. Typically one pays about a $200 markup for horsehide over cow hide.

and horse is more typical to a true vintage engineer/work boot.

rnrswitch, I'll say it: Horsehide Engineer Boots are far superior than cowhide :)

I have both the Buco's and Becks Horsehide - I also had two 1940's Horsehide Chippewa's (I recently one recently sold on eBay for a mere $800) and they look so very much better with age. I do have my share of cowhide Engineers, but nothing to write home about.

If the MF's were Horse, I would definitely consider them.

FYI, I wrote Katherine back in December and this is what she had to say about the color - "...a sort of brown/olive hue under the black..." This supports the fact that MF's personal boots are a one-off. No boot, not even in 50 years time, would fade that much. Unless, of course, if you lived on the sun.

dsci0082.jpg

RW9013 chestnut. I love them.

those look amazing, thinking about picking up a pair in chestnut. Is there any difference bewteen the 9013 and the 9011?

Like I said before, I am willing to pay 600 or like 650 for them. I understand that they are handmade and crafted for a single run and I like supporting local business, but $900 is just a bit too much. I'll say this again. The boots are absolutely beautiful, but there isn't enough different/special about them for me to justify the purchase. Maybe if I knew who made them (cobbler) and where they were made I could justify them. Like the Rising Sun jeans. They are like $600 bucks and that is a lot. With that comes knowing who makes them (I think I could even watch them make them if I wanted) and picking the type of denim you want on them, plus the jeans aren't like any other brand out there (blacksmith style that is).

I too was wondering who made the mf boots. I was thinking it was Julian boots . They are both in la . It makes sense. Anyways just a thought. Also you are right about the rising sun co. blacksmith jeans. Own them love them worth every penny I spent on them . Mike is a badass.

No difference, they're all Beckmans. I've got 9011, 9014 and now the 9013, they're all badass.

Thats what i figured but wasnt really sure cant decide if i want another pair of round toe or get a pair of moc toe

The MF boots is half the price of all the vintage engineer boots on the bottom row of this picture and there are some rare ones in there. The far bottom right, I sold for $700 Buy it Now and that was a GOOD price. MF boots is in the territory of Japanese pricing.

I can see how they may be made by Julian. Afterall, Julian boots are almost as expensive.

clst.jpg

No difference, they're all Beckmans. I've got 9011, 9014 and now the 9013, they're all badass.

They're nice boots definitely but 3 pairs of the exact same boots in different colors seems a little ridiculous to me. Especially considering the money you payed for the last ones you could've gotten something like LW or Aldens or whatnot.

Anyway, I'm sure you could give a shit.

The MF boots is half the price of all the vintage engineer boots on the bottom row of this picture and there are some rare ones in there. The far bottom right, I sold for $700 Buy it Now and that was a GOOD price. MF boots is in the territory of Japanese pricing.

I can see how they may be made by Julian. Afterall, Julian boots are almost as expensive.

clst.jpg

So are the MFs made by Julian? His boots are nuts. I don't know the price, but from the website the shit is beautiful.

So are the MFs made by Julian? His boots are nuts. I don't know the price, but from the website the shit is beautiful.

I don't know for sure just guessing. It makes sense same city ,around the same price and just seems like something he would make. I think Julian made those beautiful rrl Bowery boot. Fuck he makes nice boots.

Julian "made" all the Patina boot samples (which never went into production). The story is out, Boomtime.

Julian boots are offered for around 600-800+.

Yeah, but Christophe needs to get paid too. I would just go straight to Julian and say, "Give me the MF boots in Horsehide.... Chump! And I am only paying $700 tops!" j/k, but I wonder why Julian's hasn't been mentioned here before. I foresee him getting some boot orders in the near future.

Edmond I am sure you are listening.