Shoes that look better with age...

mizanation

erk, let me know how they look after sno sealing them, sounds like they'll look like the real deal. I was lucky enough to visit their show room in east LA and try a pair on for size - ended up getting my usual size 10.

fardin, the buzz rickson boots are killer reproductions and very accurate to the originals - more accurate than WWII Impression - but I couldn't justify paying that kind of jack for boots I knew were going to get beat up. Haven't seen the Toys McCoys but I'll bet they're great too.

One suggestion I'd add is make sure you can try on and return any boot you buy as they all fit different. I found the Japanese boots are cut really wide and don't fit my D width feet.

I found this preservation group website that has a good review of the boots and an article on how to dub your boots with sno seal.

http://www.90thidpg.us/Equipment/Projects/Dubbing/index.html

this particular person uses 2 coats of sno-seal, then 1 coat of brown shoe polish. they end up looking really cool. you can browse the websites photo gallery for some cool pictures reenactments with the boots dubbed and in action.

heres a photo from the article. I will do my own before and after pics as well.

IMG_1348.jpg

pomata, I got a size 11D and I have a pair of Red Wing 875s in 11B. the length is right in the 875s, but my feet seem to have gotten wider since I got them and I probably need an 11D now. We'll see how these wwii impressions fit.

I showed these earlier in the thread but since I put them on my blog I thought I'd post them again for the new guys who missed them in the first place.

Reproduction WWII Garrison Shoes.

DSC08945.jpg?t=1248449653

Just took them with me camping last weekend and they're a little worst for wear, but did a fantastic job keeping my feet cool (106F) and kept the sand and dirt out.

DSC08948.jpg?t=1248450080

I was going to take my Alden's but glad I took these. I think they're made better for rugged outdoor use.

more pics on my blog

Crown... Those are fantastic! I'd LOVE to have an original pair. Mine are an 11.

Do yours have the original heels? The front soles look original but the heels look different than what I've seen.

Where did you find those? And if you find an 11 C I'd be happy to take them off your hands...

Awesome shoes

Thanks man - looking at your photos, your repros are pretty damn close to these. I'll keep my eyes open for sz. 11 but they're getting harder to find these days in any of the larger sizes. I bought these from a militaria show in New Jersey years ago.

These are all original as far as I can tell and appear to have been worn very little. You can even make out the original stamping inside - they're dated October 1941 - two months before the attack on Pearl Harbor. Pretty cool.

I have a pair of the At The Front Garrison boots that we're looking at here. The look of them is great. The construction and materials are shoddy as sin. These boots are $100 brand new though so whatever....

Leather is plastic-y/vinyl-y feeling, even though it is real leather. Overall the boots are very light also... Midsoles are not substantial as the real ones. Soles are much softer than origional, more gummy feeling.

I used acetone to remove some of the finish on mine and played around with various polishes to try to get them to look better. I'll try and find them in the closet at post pics at some point.

After having my 405s for a very short time, I'm wishing i would have purchased something a little "beefier." I'm about to pull the trigger on some White's. Is this a good idea?

Also, I'm selling my barely worn Cat's Pawed 405s (10.5 D) if anyone's interested. Looking to get around 320 for them.