A.P.C.

jeepster

They look amazing, I don't get how they're so faded without a single wash. My new cures weren't anywhere near as faded at 9 months and I wore them like everyday

Thank you, only 1 piece of advise I can say, keep wearing em.

Im thinking of another soak, a longer soak to lose some indigo from this pair

Shall wait for the 12th month before soaking

the black raw denim doesn't fade very much. i've been wearing mine for 4 months and i still can't see any fade lines. they should be ok if that's what you are looking for.

thanks for all your replies. sorry but i forgot to emphasize that i do not want the denim to break down, i dont want abrasions and holies. oh and paulista, did u wash them and how often?

if i dont want them to fade too much then i dont wash so often? or rather whats the optimal amounts of wash and regularity, for my case?

just got my 1st pair of new standards and i sized down 2 sizes to a 32

they didn't fit as tight in the waist as i expected...i thought i'd have to suck my stomach in just to button them bud didn't have to

they fit how i want them to in the legs but i don't know how much they legs and thighs will stretch...if i like how they fit know should i size down 1 more so i would have the desired fit after they've stretched??

also, will they bleed a lot on my shoes if i wear them cuffed??

If anyone is in need of a pair of APC jeans, I could get them for you for retail, free shipping in the USA if interested...

PM me.

thanks

Great person to buy off of if interested in APC. Denim. Give him a try!

Love my black petit standards, I'll get some fit pics in if I can.

^maybe, but why buy from him when you can get them for way cheaper online

^^ yes and no

i just checked the size chart on context and the actualy waist measurement for the size 31 new standards is 32" which is two inches smaller than the actual waist measurement for the size 32

not sure i would be able to size down 1 more now that i know that

i was kinda aiming for a "relaxed" 505 type fit

here's how they look prior to any stretching...

20kq9hz.jpg

25i14j7.jpg

2ez436u.jpg

iyefr9.jpg

Edit: i forgot to mention that the only difference in the measurements shown on contextclothing.com between the 31 and 32 new standards is a quarter inch in the rise :/

snuff , did u tried a tagged 30?

if yes , did they stuck at ur thigh area when u tried them on?

and if u could provide the current measurements of w31.

na i didnt try a 30...i first bought a 32" since i told people my waist measures 35" [where i wear my jeans] and everyone said get 32...but they were a lil big..so i bought a 31...they were snug but i didnt want a super tight fit so i thought i'd be safe and i think that wouldve been sizing down 5 if i went from actual 35" waist to tagged 30..so i didnt do it and kept the tagged 31

but after a few weeks my NS are pretty loose...i dont mind it that much though cause i dont like skinny jeans

and if i have time i'll measure another day

na i didnt try a 30...i first bought a 32" since i told people my waist measures 35" [where i wear my jeans] and everyone said get 32...but they were a lil big..so i bought a 31...they were snug but i didnt want a super tight fit so i thought i'd be safe and i think that wouldve been sizing down 5 if i went from actual 35" waist to tagged 30..so i didnt do it and kept the tagged 31

but after a few weeks my NS are pretty loose...i dont mind it that much though cause i dont like skinny jeans

oh , just curious what levis tag size u wear?

thanks for all your replies. sorry but i forgot to emphasize that i do not want the denim to break down, i dont want abrasions and holies. oh and paulista, did u wash them and how often?

if i dont want them to fade too much then i dont wash so often? or rather whats the optimal amounts of wash and regularity, for my case?

they have never touched water.

if you are that fanatical about keeping them with no fades just dry clean them. it gets expensive but will keep them looking as close to the original as possible. so, in your case, the "optimal" amount of washing is NONE. the more you wash them, the more they will fade

they have never touched water.

if you are that fanatical about keeping them with no fades just dry clean them. it gets expensive but will keep them looking as close to the original as possible. so, in your case, the "optimal" amount of washing is NONE. the more you wash them, the more they will fade

thank you!

do the 31 only fit smaller in the waist and rise compared to the 32 for you??

'cause the size chart for new standards on context clothing says that those are the only measurements that differ between the two

also, tagged size do you typically wear in Levi's?

no where online, and nyc store is sold out untill "some one wants to part with theres..."

thats what i was told today...

Yea I couldn't really find anything online except that A.P.C. was planning on doing this. It looks like they may be putting them on their website but if people are actually going to be wearing them then I don't see how they could really keep an inventory.

I just saw a pair of worn cures at the soho store in waist 26. they looked dry cleaned. And they looked good, but who could face the cashier and pay for someone elses work. Its one thing to get a pair at a thift store for $20, another to lay out that cash. on another front, did someone once mention that one can still get Old Cures. I am really inbetween sizes on the new cure. the 31 is not too stretched and is big and the 30 is way small. I have an old cure that is size 31 and it is just right and super stretched. So im looking for a 30 old cure hoping that will cure my problems. I was think the Petit mighgt be the answer but the imo, it has the old problem of the standards pushing out at the knees( a la jodphers) with the added problem with a tighter crotch.

or beyond what you need, I couldn't come close to buttoning the top button when I first got my new cures and then they stretched to being too big. After a hot soak they're perfect though.