A.P.C.

jeepster

^ If you wear a 32 in Slim Jim, you shouldn't be getting anything higher than a 30 in NS, especially if you're looking for a slimmer fit. Don't forget APCs stretch like a mother.

my waist size is actually a 34, so technically 31 SHOULD be skinny on me..

nudies 32 is actually a bit loose on me for my liking though

so 29 or 31? or wait for 30?

my waist size is a 34 also and i went with a 32 in the black ns, i read through the thread and found people saying that the black ns is a little slimmer than the indigo counterpart. and they dont stretch as much as the indigos. The fit on me is more of a slim straight and i could of went with a 31 if i wanted the slim look. ill try to post pics asap. I usually base the sizing with the thigh measurements than the waist.

my waist size is a 34 also and i went with a 32 in the black ns, i read through the thread and found people saying that the black ns is a little slimmer than the indigo counterpart. and also dont stretch as much as the indigos. The fit on me is more of a slim straight and i could of went with a 31 if i wanted the slim look. ill try to post pics asap. I usually base the sizing with the thigh measurements than the waist.

dude that'd be awsome. how tall/heavy are you? you said you got your black apc's from shopfarinellis dwith the discount?

im 5'11 200 ibs i have more of an athletic build and thats why i always go with the thigh measurements. yes, i got them discounted at farinellis, check out context clothing they have the measurements for the black ns here http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=701

yeah, i'm 6'0" 160 lbs, i'm guessing you must have more muscular thighs than me. so i was thinking of a size 30 for the slim look, but they're out of size 30's... i'm afraid 29's gonna be too small and 31's gonna be too baggy

i just a pair of rescues online, i am a 34 so i sized down twice to a 32 as suggested in this thread, but they are still way too big. they are not tight around the waist at all and besides one part of the leg, they are kind of big. was i supposed to take into the vanity sizing when sizing down, like i'm a 34 which really means i'm a 32 so i should size down to a 30? cause otherwise sizing down twice was just not enough at all

I mean i think if you want slim you should get new cures, i really don't know anything about new standards though. I would just get the measurements from a pair of jeans you like and compare them to the size charts of ns and ncs

anybody have experience with both NS black and indigo?

i just want a pair similar to nudies SJ 32 but with skinnier leggings.

i'd like to be able to order them tonight.

I have both in 32" and indigos are considerably baggier than the black ones. I'd say the indigos fit about one size bigger. Don't know if it makes difference that they're from different generations, indigos with the round button and blacks with the flat and loose one, if that makes sense to you.

I normally wear 34" in true to size brands, and my NS indigos are bigger than that. Then again as people say they stretch more than blacks and I can confirm that one. Personally I would have gone one size more down with the indigos.

oh i forgot , u r experienced in NC. not NS.

Anyway thnks alot iralex

Are you purposely overlooking the Petit Standards? My true waist is a 33, but I bought a 30 in PS. I'm not a skinny guy, but comparing the PS to the NS, the NS looked baggy on me for some reason (like regular fit jeans and not slim).

Since it sounds like you can't try both 28 and 29 in NS in a store, I think its best to drop down 3 to a 28 since they'll stretch a lot. But then again, I'm no NS expert either.

I'm new to posting here, but i have a question... I wear a size 30 in the Naked & Famous Weird Guy....i want APC...size 28 NS sound similar to the weird guy? plz help haha

APC doesn't really make any cuts like the WeirdGuy (looser up top, with a significant taper)... the closest you'll get may be NC or PS without sizing down as much as usual.

my pants are pretty long and their new so its still stiff but would rolling the bottom or heming them make the combs and knees nicer looking later on? because their so long now and new they are just stiff so the knee sticks out

as far as I know, this happens to everyone. it's just because theyre stiff, and it won't be so bad once the fabric softens up. after the first wash, it should be completely gone.

it shouldn't change how the combs or knees look later.

rolling/hemming might help the bulge for now, but in the long run, it will just change the way your ankle stacks end up. best just to deal with it for now imho.

^ It depends on how you size them. The 511 is in between NC and NS in terms of slimness. So you could either size down more on the NS (but the thighs might be too tight) or size down less on the NC (but the thighs might be too loose). You're not going to find an APC cut identical to the 511, though.