A.P.C.

jeepster

generally how much do APCs shrink, length wise, when you wash them? I'm planning on hemming mine and want to compensate for however much they will shrink later on.

they dont really shrink at all in the inseam, maybe half an inch. they wont shrink smaller than how you got them. what happens is they'll stretch as much as you wear them. mine stretched four inches haha. what happens is when you wash them, they shrink almost back down to where they started. mine shrunk from about a 36 to about a 34. shrinkage only comes into play after they've been stretched.

Thanks man. These are at the 8 month mark. The colors look rich because I was using a flash indoors and they were edited in Photoshop so they have a little more contrast and the jeans seem darker than in real life. The pics I posted on the page before are a more accurate representation of how they look now.

4404689121_e3e555caa7.jpg

4403343180_732e9cf428.jpg

I pretty much do everyday normal stuff, just sometimes I beat them up. I wear them all the time, from when I get up to when I go to bed pretty much. Also, my girlfriend lives like two miles away or so, maybe three, and when she wants me to come over I don't drive, I ride my bike. Sometimes I skate to class in them, etc. Most of the time though it's just walking around, sitting down, or standing at work.

these look great good job

generally how much do APCs shrink, length wise, when you wash them? I'm planning on hemming mine and want to compensate for however much they will shrink later on.

Try lurking a few pages back, I'm sure this question has been asked 500 times before.

This thread is like a time-loop.

so the seams on the outer side of my thighs are getting bigger and bigger... the denim on this area does not seem to be stretching fast enough. the fit is still too tight in this area and im pretty sure that if they dont burst, they will at least be too unsightly to wear in public.

is it possible to shrink the seams down? if not is it easy to get the thigh area re-seamed.

gahhh i need to lose weight

^^ I had the same problem, but after a while it went away. I mean, for the first 4 months or so if i'd sit down you could see the seam stretching a bit at the thighs, but APC denim stretches. a lot.

Take heyitslando's rescues for example. the waist stretched from 32" to 36". Granted the thighs wont stretch nearly as much, but you get the idea. I say just wait it out.

Is it normal for these jeans to have leg twist? I know it's pretty common on jeans, and I've had some other pairs I own (Levis) do it to me, but I haven't really seen many people discuss APCs doing it. My right leg does it a decent amount. The seam basically lines up with my ring toe, whereas the left leg the seam goes right down the ankle. Here's a picture, sorry in advanced for the crotch shot!

seami.jpg

I'm loving the lap fade on those!^

Also, just to show everyone, this is what happens when you wear your jeans hard.

4474620129_dab2bb4af5.jpg

Look at the color difference from the corner of the pocket to the actual but denim right next to it. It's like worn vs. non-worn in terms of its hue. Pretty cool.

Also, here's a pic of the EZ Access port for my GF.

4475396578_1637de76fd.jpg

Give it a couple more months and it'll be a full blown hole haha.

it's perfectly normal. it's just a natural property of the denim

The denim twists because of the twill weave. If you buy a broken twill weave (zigzag pattern due to the direction of the diagonal being reversed after a few passages of the weft) it may prevent twisting. My NC have twisted about 90 degrees on the right leg, but my NS haven't twisted at all. Weird.

it's perfectly normal. it's just a natural property of the denim
That's how mine are.
i think that's how everybody's end up. right leg twist.

Oh well, I suppose that's something I'll just get used to. It's not really a big deal anyways, the jeans are already loosening up and beginning to feel great. I took them out on a little hiking trip with the girlfriend earlier. These jeans are a good excuse to not sit around and be lazy all day.

It doesn't look like I'll develop much stacking at the bottom though, the jeans aren't as long as I originally imagined. I buy 30/32 in Levis 511 and I swear they stack more at the bottom than these, but aren't these 34 length? I like minimal stacking anyway, so it doesn't bother me much.

hike.jpg

Hi,

i'm looking for a pair of apcs, but i dont know which fit is right for the look i want..im pretty sure im stuck between the petit standard and the new standard

i normally wear pretty slim/skinny jeans..but im looking for a looser fit, not necessarily in the legs but more so in the butt/leg area. essentially, what im looking for is a slim jean that i can have rest/sag on my butt.

the kind of look im looking for in the butt/in regards to the sagging is like this:

zac-efron-apc-2.jpg

zac-efron-apc-3.jpg

zac-efron-apc-4.jpg

zac-efron-apc-6.jpg

zac-efron-apc.jpg

i want to wear a belt to prevent them from sagging off with a strong pull essentially. i know that he's wearing new standards in those pictures, but after being so used to slimmer/skinny jeans, i think the new standards are too loose/baggy for me. do you think its possible for me to get that kind of look in the butt area if i go down just 1 size in the petit standards as opposed to 2, or possibility even just buy my original size? (as in...i normally wear 32s in other jeans...so buying apc's that are sized 32)

Guest chiquita_chaser

I wore my NS pretty hard regularly for one and a half year with the result that they are now sagging all the way to casual weekend-wear where I don't give a fuck. I only sized down 1 which I think now was a mistake.

Then I bought some Petit Standards december 09. Perfect fit. Never seen anything like it. Never take them off. Blablabla - I fucking love these jeans. Sent them to the APC shop last week for their first repair-job. Can't wait to get them back. Wearing my Lee 101b untill they get back.

MY POINT

So.. I am recommending the Petit Standards.. No hesitation.

PS: It's pretty wierd you're papparazzying random guys at gazstations. What the fukc?

The denim twists because of the twill weave. If you buy a broken twill weave (zigzag pattern due to the direction of the diagonal being reversed after a few passages of the weft) it may prevent twisting. My NC have twisted about 90 degrees on the right leg, but my NS haven't twisted at all. Weird.

thanks for the clarification!

Hey all - I went to the APC store in soho today and tried on a few pairs, deciding the New Rescue was definitely the fit for my bulkier legs. I tried on a sz 29, which I could button all the way up, they looked good, not totally tight but definitely stiff of course; and I tried on a 28 which I could only button the bottom two buttons.

Knowing about how much they stretch, I was unsure of which to go with - the kind that already look pretty good on me and might not after some use, or the kind that were tight as hell but might look good on me after some use.

Any advice?

nb. I've been wearing Earnest Sewn jeans pretty religiously for the last two years, usually a sz. 32 in a straight leg fit and thats always been tight on me to start as well.

Hey all - I went to the APC store in soho today and tried on a few pairs, deciding the New Rescue was definitely the fit for my bulkier legs. I tried on a sz 29, which I could button all the way up, they looked good, not totally tight but definitely stiff of course; and I tried on a 28 which I could only button the bottom two buttons.

Knowing about how much they stretch, I was unsure of which to go with - the kind that already look pretty good on me and might not after some use, or the kind that were tight as hell but might look good on me after some use.

Any advice?

nb. I've been wearing Earnest Sewn jeans pretty religiously for the last two years, usually a sz. 32 in a straight leg fit and thats always been tight on me to start as well.

Tagged size = two down from actual waist size. Then expect at least 2" of stretch.

Guest chiquita_chaser
thats zac efron. he does stuff for disney channel. my friend likes him. he did a feature for gq wearing apcs.

I thought he looked kind of secretly posing :)

Guest chiquita_chaser

Revitalization of New Standards

My before-mentioned, sagging, yellowish, one-and-a-half-year-old, never-washed-but-occasional-soaked, heavy-worn, smelly New Standards with so far three repair-jobs are slowly disappearing out of my weekly cycle of jeanswear. Before this happens though, Im gonna try and revitalize this pair. I am neuroticly not-washing my jeans, so I have little experience with this. What is your advice?

1. Full on machine wash + dryer

2. Light machine wash + hangdry

3. Hand-wash with detergent + dryer

XoX

/CC