A.P.C.

jeepster

Nice APC's, what kind of shoes are those?

You should downsize 3 for NS if you want something similar to the Cure fit.

Or you can try New Cures, go visit a store and try them on if anything.

They look like Sperry's or Sebago's, pretty standard stuff. Nice choice on the color though, matches the fades nicely.

@ eightarmsnine: They do make size 24 PS. I just got my pair in today, they look great although I can only button one of the three buttons for now ha.

ive been wearing my black new standards about every day for 7-8 months, maybe longer. they have never touched water and i like how they look with the exception of some wear on the heel.

is there any reason to wash them (other than it being gross)? how can i expect them to change in appearance after a wash? (0)

You should definitely wash them now imo. You can expect a few things: some amount of shrink, loss of dye, loss of stiffness, etc. To keep these amounts to the minimum, you can soak them. Fill your tub with water, put these in, and then use soap (I recommend Woolite dark) to clean them.

ive been wearing my black new standards about every day for 7-8 months, maybe longer. they have never touched water and i like how they look with the exception of some wear on the heel.

is there any reason to wash them (other than it being gross)? how can i expect them to change in appearance after a wash? (0)

do whatever you want to do with your jeans brah, they just jeans anyway, but for hygiene reason, I would do the wash if I were you..

wat to expect? depends on the condition of the jeans itself, but I think it's going to have a very contrast fade (after that 8 months and everyday of wear)...

NC are a skinnier cut then PS right?

I've been wearing Aprill 77's for months now, but I want to move onto something less skinny. I like a dropped crouch fit with some sag, but I don't want to have to put a belt on. If I'm a 30 (my actual waist measures out to be 31, though) in April 77's, what should I be sizing for NC for a slightly looser fit, down 2-3? Also, I don't want to go through soaking every time the fit gets too loose so if I'm going to size to a tighter size to achieve that, I will.

NC sized down anything is going to fit pretty much exactly like your A77s. Go NS if you want something less skinny with a long rise.

I've owned a pair of NS before, they fit far much looser then April's. Especially from the knee down, they taper out to be much wider. I have big thighs but skinny legs, so I'm sure that a fit slimmer then NS would be better. Do NC stretch out as much as the 5" like the other models?

Size down 3 on the NS and you'll have a pretty skinny cut save for some room in the calves, which is what I thought you wanted (less skinny than A77).

You can try NC or PS sized down a maximum of 2 (I wouldn't recommend going down 3 on either of these cuts because the PS will show your pubes and crack and the NC will strangle your legs) but that'll more than likely end up being more of the same. If that's what you want you should just say it from the start.

As far as stretching goes, APC's reputation as the Amazing Elastic Denim has as much to do with how much some of these fuckers size down as it does with the denim itself. I have a pair that only stretched a little more than an inch because I didn't buy jeans that didn't fit when new.

@ method - I sized down one on my NC's and from what you are saying I think I've got the fit you want. For the first week or so my legs felt kind of like sausages but now I have a little bit of room everywhere. The waist only stretched out about an inch so the fit is a pretty perfect skinny but not skin tight that fits me properly in the waist. If you can do a 28 in the NCs I would go for that. For Ref. my true waist is slightly larger than a 33 and my NCs are a 31.

^^ well, i got rescues first, but those were wayy to baggy in my size. (35) then ended up fitting and stacking weird and i ended up generally hating the fit. so i turned them into cutoffs for summah.

then figured i'd try the slimmer New Standards figuring they wouldnt be too skinny at a bigger size. dig em

edit: also probably could've sized down once more to a 34. stretch like a mofo, and i'm losing waayyyte

Oh ok, then they will probably fit well, Im more of a stocky build and I play alot of sports and work out alot so there is a lot of muscule mass in my legs.

I dont want baggy jeans, just not the skin tight tapered looking ones which i think are the new cures so i shouldnt have to worry about that