minya

small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

Anyone know if RO DRKSHDW Drawstring Lounge Pants size 30 will fit size 31? Or will it fit too tight? Is it better to get 32? 31 doesn't seem to be available.

It seems to be a common issue that designers skip odd size numbers (and half sizes in shoes), but they don't note if the garments are sized up, or sized in between to accommodate the skip. It's increasingly becoming an issue now that local stores don't even stock certain items for you to try on, and online shopping is continuing to grow and become the better supplied retailers these days. Such a pain in the ass.

Just go up a size. They have a drawstring so you can pull them in without issue.

Just go up a size. They have a drawstring so you can pull them in without issue.

Thanks, I guess the elastic waist is also able to shrink down to 31? I wonder what the natural diameter is, unstretched.

thinkin of getting a pair of church's oxfords but i'm a little uncertain about sizing

http://www.mrporter.com/product/316363

i'm a 43 in MMMs, 42 in CPs, and a 9 (if i remember correctly) in clarks. better to go with a 9.5 or a 9 in these church's?

both my pairs of church's are 7.5uk and i feel they fit true to size (i'm 41 in mmm). i think most of their shoes are quite narrow so you get a tighter fit even if you buy half a size large i.e more room for error. you could always compare outsole measurements to dress shoes with similar last and sole design that you own or can try on. ive always used this method and it has proven to be quite effective.

Any recs for a US-based proxy? Looking to buy some brooks brothers.

http://www.styleforum.net/t/269062/proxy-service-from-us-to-anywhere - i've use him several times and it has always been top notch.

suto does US proxying as well.

Anyone use a clothes steamer over a clothing iron?

i've always used an iron. i could never get a steamer to work?

a follow up to my squeaky leather conundrum. couldn't be bothered going to a laundrette so i decided to try some leather balsalm. and it worked! but only for a few hours...once it wears off, it becomes even louder. fuck.

Anyone still have decent stock of the Ervell stone wash jean?

Bump.

Thanks, I guess the elastic waist is also able to shrink down to 31? I wonder what the natural diameter is, unstretched.

really i am sure either size is going to be ok on the waist. if you're not sure base your size on if you want a little more or a little less volume/fabric through the leg.

delete please, double post.

Edited by griffin119

Anyone know where I can buy zipper sliders that are chunky and rectangular?  

Something similar to the ones on Dior or Rick items.

This is one from the Lampo site, but I can't find anywhere that sells it 

Cursori_L_standard_82+61.jpg

can anyone please help me identify these visvims? the box is not the og one and i dont find anything on the web as i'm not sure what to search for.

thanks in advance for your much appreciated help.

8742585262_779078daeb.jpg

anyone familiar with Carthartt WIP?

i mainly wear smalls in uniqlo. do i go for the same for Carthartts WIp stuff are size down one?

and anyone handled carthartt wip's chinos before? wondering if there better/worse than uniqlo chinos

i have no comparison to Uniqlo but the sizing is pretty TTS (except for the Heritage line, the shirts are very slim). the quality is top, especially for the pants and jackets.

can anyone help ID this number (n)ine hat (year/name) - I came up on this hat via yahoo auction JP but not much info was given (used - no box).  inside is grosgrain with printed label hand tacked down with white thread, looks to be preacher hat but not the rabbit version, maybe felt ?  any info would be apprecaited

mjkkjm99-img600x398-1367478031adfxvf6374

mjkkjm99-img600x398-1367478031qybi036374

mjkkjm99-img600x398-1367478032lobsry6374

Edited by Hatful of Hallow

941934_447913158632797_1747826154_n.jpg

Anyone know an online retailer or one in Vancouver that stocks this NBHD polo?

Is there anything worth buying from Tres Bien right now?  Not really feeling anything, but I have a store credit.  Size 44.5 in shoes and size L / 34 waist.

get this

and if/when you don't like it just send it to me

that shirt literally looks like poo

like someone took a white shirt and dipped it in toilet poo

i gotta agree it's been a pretty dry few months on TBS... but for the price, that needles 4 pocket french seam jacket seems cool

Has anyone used buyee?  I just browsed y! auctions for the first time in a while and they have that overseas bidding thing, just wondering before i resort to using good old suto, sharpservice, etc.

fromjapan.co.jp is the best proxy. 5% usage charge + 200 yen per item. been using them for years with no problems ever. they have real-time bidding so all you need to do is add deposit and you can bid what you want, whenever you want. no human interaction involved, no waiting for emails, etc. etc.

but if you need in-store pickup, use stylistics.

fromjapan.co.jp is the best proxy. 5% usage charge + 200 yen per item. been using them for years with no problems ever. they have real-time bidding so all you need to do is add deposit and you can bid what you want, whenever you want. no human interaction involved, no waiting for emails, etc. etc.

but if you need in-store pickup, use stylistics.

awesome, thanks mane.

Is there any US Forwarding Company that allows me to declare and insure any value of my choice? Im looking to buy an item off ebay and have it shipped to Malaysia. The seller wouldn't under declare the value. And im not looking to use proxy services.

I've been looking around a few US forwarding companies, but all of them will declare the value as stated by the seller, if not they will value it at the market value.

that shirt literally looks like poo

like someone took a white shirt and dipped it in toilet poo

cannot be unseen.  thanks :|

this is from the transaction problems thread. figured it's better to ask here than there.

Now at first you think they measure 12" but if you look carefully, you can see he rolled the pant leg over so the back of the pants has come to the front at the side.

what is the general accepted method for measuring thigh width? i've always done crotch seam to end of thighs laid flat (sometimes passed the leg outseam). i'm guessing the more acceptable way is to stop at the leg outseam?

do it flat to the end of the thigh as you said

stopping at the outseam is not always accurate as the front panel for the legs is sometimes smaller than the rear

white mountaineering aw 11 jacket

depends which flyknit.  people have said from size down one to size up one.  meaning: go to the mall and find out.  they're not that rare.

depends which flyknit.  people have said from size down one to size up one.  meaning: go to the mall and find out.  they're not that rare.

I've tried on a pair of the Lunars before but I'm looking for info on the Trainers.

if you tried a pair of lunars, they should be the same size you chose.  of course, have other people chime in or use google.  it's been asked many times.

I have a giftcard ( with a timeframe)for Mr. Porter but I can't  find anything nice ?/

Any ideas ??