small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

wearing white suede bucks in the city during spring/summer, too ostentatious or no?

i think it's a bit too much, especially when i just saw that details magazine recommended wearing them, it's would be too cliche

bags- anyone been in any of the apc store this season and seen any leather satchels/messengers for men? if so, what colours and rough sizes and prices?

or- recommend any leather or leather/canvas mix messengers/satchels in brown/tan or black for up to $300

try filson.com best bags for the money, they are usually 30% off on ebay. And in case you didn't know they sell a lot of them at Saks on 5th Ave in NYC

Complete idiot question, I'm sort of embarrassed to ask this.

I've never used ebay, or found too much interest in it. But I browsed through some stuff today, and recognized some stuff from sufu, some other stuff. Basically I'm wondering, how much of high-end stuff (like cdg, ann demeulemeester, etc.) is fake, and real? How do you tell which ones are fake (I realize some of them are obvious fakes from the pics, but what about the other ones, that even have hundreds of good feedback?)

For example, this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=140212518892&Category=57988&_trksid=p3907.m29

Can someone recommend me a pair of shoes that look like these? No baller prices please

clarks classic line has shit similar to those jawns

the only problem is that clarks classic might be jap exclusive

What online retailers carry Jil Sander?

BECAUSE I CAN'T FIND ANY!

www.brownsfashion.com

www.luisaviaroma.com

www.yoox.com

I should've grabbed those black jil laceups on yoox while i had the chance at 3hun. Needed a 10 but the 9.5 might've worked with a bit of hope and prayer.

http://store.soliscompany.com/1143.html

I've been looking at a cheap pair of surplus boots since I lost my old ones that I got from my father. How does the sizing work on these? I looked on ebay, and a lot of them are sized like "6E" but the measurments they give are somewhere near 10 3/4" heel to toe. That's closer to a 10 US, I think.

Is this a different military sizing or am I just too tired to think straight?

Ok. How do costume national homme laceups run? I'm referring to the last season jawnz that were a dark grey/charcoal color with reverse leather looking material and a really rounded toe. I thought i saw someone here with them awhile back. I wear 10 chucks, 10.5 vans and sperry boat shoes, 44 double identity, 10.5 apcxnike, and probably 10.5 true to size. Will plus rep if i can.

Ok. How do costume national homme laceups run? I'm referring to the last season jawnz that were a dark grey/charcoal color with reverse leather looking material and a really rounded toe. I thought i saw someone here with them awhile back. I wear 10 chucks, 10.5 vans and sperry boat shoes, 44 double identity, 10.5 apcxnike, and probably 10.5 true to size. Will plus rep if i can.

I'm not certain about the exact model that you're asking about, but pretty much any other Costume shoes I've tried were one size larger then tagged. For reference, I wear an 8.5 in chucks, 9 in vans, and a size 8 fit me perfectly with the multiple pairs of Costumes I tried.

Ive been wearing my favorite leather jacket all winter with like mad layers underneath it. And now when I wear it with like a thin sweater or something I can visibly tell some parts of it have stretched out. Specifically the elbows and shoulders, is there any way to get leather back to its original state... or shrink it somehow? or am i just gonna have to live wi th it

hey guys, i'm new and jank. hi.

well tomorrow i'm going to Tyoson's Corner Mall which is the biggest mall in northern VA i believe. I'm lookin to get a decent jacket or coat kinda thing for around a 100 dollars. only dark colors please. i don't know what store i should go to as i have no knowledge about fashion. what YOU guys think is a good store to go to i'll check it out. some examples i'd be interested is mayb the North Face (kinda expensive), H&M, or even department stores. it can be slightly poofy like the north face or it can be like a peacoat kinda style. any advice is welcome. thanks guys.

For $100 at the mall, just go to h&m and walk around. Maybe pick up a m65 or something since it's pretty safe and usually available in multiple sizes.

Hi, I'm new here, and I'm looking to pick up some W)Taps BDU pants. Can anyone give me anymore information on them? How baggy do they fit? And like, how some people have it mid-calf... are those a different kind? Or do they cut them or tie them or what? Please help, thanks! :)

anyone can help me with a kinda silly question. i'm after a pair of keds champions on zappos but they are only available in women's sizing. so anyone know what the rough equivalent is for width? i know a women's size is +1.5 of the mens but what is an equivalent width? standard? wide? extra wide?