small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

sunglasses for this summer - are wayfarers still rockable or are they dead?

i'm stuck wondering whether to take the plunge with some new eyewear or stick with raybans again. basically my question is, whats next in the world of sunglasses?

good question...I'd say wayfarers are a classic design and will always be acceptable.

no easy sneakers i heard are really cheap quality and they look too much like eras/authentics which i already have i'm looking for something with a smaller toebox and more spacing between the laces

there is some brand called sal23 which do shoes very very similar to cp. started by a skater i.e. sal23 model etnies from the 90's.

i dont know anything else about the brand but i think i saw a thread here about them.

edit: problem solved, thanks. But now I have another question on a different note.

I understand that ann d. fits large usually. How does a size small fit? I'm about 6 feet, 140 lbs. What about yohji? I'm talking about long sleeve crews. Couldn't find much from a search on this, since items posted with measurements were mostly jackets and sweaters and pants. Thanks.

i really really really want a pair of cassetteplaya blazers. any info would be appreciated.

the release dates are vague. i do not know what level accounts or store will carry them.

how many are gonna be made? i don't know shit.

pls give me all the 411!

sunglasses for this summer - are wayfarers still rockable or are they dead?

i'm stuck wondering whether to take the plunge with some new eyewear or stick with raybans again. basically my question is, whats next in the world of sunglasses?

In LA, at least, wayfarers are fairly ubiquitous but definitely classic. I recently snagged a pair of tortoise shell clubmasters. Definitely a decent alternative to wayfarers.

How do Jil Sander and Costume National Homme laceups run sizing wise? Thanks

Okay, maybe somebody can help me out with this one. Does anyone know where (in the UK) I can get some nice slim-fitting t-shirts (that don't hang off you at the back) suitable for my body size? I'm really tall; 6'6" and a 33inch 'real' waist, take a 31 in dior homme jeans. Don't have the cash to go designer, I'm talking like, basic wardrobe staples here.

Gap's stretch tees are OK but still not really long enough (fit is great), Zara's large slim fitting tees are ok but again sometimes not long enough, and seem to like to shrink in the wash a bit too, ugh.

Is there such a thing as a custom-made t-shirt?

when a waterproof fabric is stitched it the needle creates holes in the fabric, a piece of tape is then glued behind it. this is seam taping

seam welding is when to peices of fabric are sealed together without stitching, sometimes glue, sometimes through ultrasonic (or something) vibrations, since this method doesn't require a needle, it doesn't need to be seam taped to maintain its waterproof seal.

seam welding is lighter, less bulky and generally more expensive but both get the same result

"L" means layers. 2.5 L means 2.5 layers.

layer 1: the outer fabric of the coat.

layers 2: the gore-tex membrane

layer 2.5: a coating over the membrane to project your skin from the goretex and the goretex for damage.

they call this 2.5 layers because the coating isn't really a fabric and thefore not really a layer

3L gore has outer fabric (1) then gore(2) then often a tricot mesh(3) all sandwiched into one fabric and is generally more durable

2.5L is thinner, more flexible and lightweight but less durable (sometimes)

for more info

http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/content/how-does-it-work

bags- anyone been in any of the apc store this season and seen any leather satchels/messengers for men? if so, what colours and rough sizes and prices?

or- recommend any leather or leather/canvas mix messengers/satchels in brown/tan or black for up to $300