small questions thread (use before making a new thread!)

minya

Does anyone have an idea for a messenger bag I could use to go to school ?

I need to be able to put an A4 format ring binder in it, but since I am shiort, I don't want a big bag. Something around 13" x 11" would be nice. Leather or thick canvas and under 370$.

Thanks.

i suggest a filson briefcase. it's 16 x 12 if that's not too big. will last a lifetime. it's their slimmest briefcase, made from stiff canvas (softens over time). perfect for laptops. costs 195 (can get to around 150+ with styleforum discounts).

Not sure if this is the right place for this - but has anyone had issues sending large packages to Hong Kong?

I sent it on the 4th and it hasn't arrived yet . . . and I stupidly have misplaced my receipt.

How long does Customs usually take?

UPDATE on this one.

Got the delivery confirmation # from a very nice lady at the post office.

They tried to deliver LAST WEEK and again TODAY.

Angry Chinese Ebay Buyer == PWNED

Just moved to NYC from Seattle and I need a really warm coat (pea coat or a trench coat comes to mind) for the bone chilling winter here. I want something that is simple, classic, fitted and well made, preferably in navy or black. What do you suggest? I found this amazing visvim navy peacoat in medium in the supermarket that looked perfect except for the white zippers.

can someone translate this for me?

http://ninadecoito.blogspot.com/2009/03/recommend-item-red-wing-super-sole.html

what is " red wing super sole" and where 2 kop black on black?

dsc03411.jpg

dsc03412f.jpg

my search for a simple black leather dress show is proving to be much harder than i thought. Anyone have any suggestions brands/models/stores to look out for. 300-400 dollar mark?

derby or oxford styles, black leather, relatively slim/low profile (not repetto steez though). cap/non-cap toe. whatever.

where2kop RED WING “SUPER SOLE” RW8804D (red one) or RW8118D (tan one) .. also, what is the difference between the two models? :confused:

08090920011.jpg

08090920001.jpg

08090920008.jpg

what sole is this.. "super sole" ? i know its not the crepe one...

anyone have experience with this vs the crepe sole?

08090920003.jpg

I am very satisfied with the quality of the denim. However you need to have just about no ass to wear sizes 2-3. Other than that the fit is great.

thanks for the answer. i'm getting a size 5, because i'm a 33 or something!