Poll: Is it too hot for raw denim?

mizanation

Is it too hot for raw denim?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too hot for raw denim?

• Yes, time for shorts.
    • I wear lightweight denim when it gets this hot.
    • Hell NO!!! I'm a hardcore denim junkie! Raw denim all year round!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Fade to Black

Thank god for one-wash, otherwise way too hot for pure raw denim here in HK. 31 degrees celsius but with the sticky humidity it feels like 40.

I wore my Straight Svens today for a few hours and went skating. Man I was hot. I hope they stretch out pretty soon too cuz right now theyre feeling a little tight around the thighs. Whatever they're sweet jeans, I love them and I know I'm gonna get a killer fade. Hopefully gonna wear em all day tomorrow through the NJ heat.

i live in VA. It is 97 degrees, 90 percent humidity, and there is no wind. I'm still wearing raw denim, but i admit that i have a preference for my more lightweight APC's and Nudie's instead of my Canes and PRPS.

i've been thinking about buying a heavy-duty japanese denim, like oni, samurai or pure blue kind of thing, but now is definitely not the time in nyc.

played some ping pong at my friend's house today in my apc ns, and that already felt a bit iffy already. time to stay inside in air-conditioned places.

startmeup-

i'm in arlington, right outside of DC. I actually just got back from vacation in seattle and it is brutal to come back from the 70 degree weather there. I mean, there is no place like home, but thank god for air conditioning.

I just can't wear raw denim with the weather we get here (Over 30 celsius and 90% humidity). I do wear one wash SC47s though.

I think the starch blocks all the airflow in raw jeans...

startmeup-

i'm in arlington, right outside of DC. I actually just got back from vacation in seattle and it is brutal to come back from the 70 degree weather there. I mean, there is no place like home, but thank god for air conditioning.

It was 90 something one day in Seattle last week!

good time for shorts, but raw denim all the way. nudies are a good choice for summer, they are nice and thin compared to my APC NS. but im in san francisco for the summer this year so the heat doesnt really bother me. =) i live on the south side of frisco, so i barely see the sun anymore - DAMN FOG! but while in san diego for the weekend it was quite hot and i wished i had my slim jims on; but sometimes you got to take the heat like a champ.

-later days.

let's what i'm saying, not to mention it's triple out here and, it's not healthy for your balls, shit i want kids still and lots of them.....

and i'm gonna teach them to wear raw jeans, so thru the process of growing up, i'll collect all the jeans they wear, and have my own denim archive....ha ha ha ha ha, the next thing is find my self a GF willing to bear like 12 kids

6MT, you are a crazy, crazy dude. but, your shit always makes sense in a weird way. if you have 12 kids, you could theoretically break in 12 pairs at one time.

i cant even wear baggyass white linen pants in the new york city humidity so denim is not even an alternative... seriously thinking about organizing a streaking club across fifth avenue if the police will let me :/

whatup red, have you seen anyone else wear okinawas in okinawa? has anyone stopped or noticed you?

surprisingly no. im sure japanese are just too courteous to "rubber neck." haha. but ive seen plenty selvege. not okinawas, but levis. im starting to think that alot of the ones in the swap meets are fake.

i'm in Tokyo this summer, 30-35+ weather with 90+ % humidity, there's is no way in hell i will rock jeans. i'm often close to the point of passing out (seriously) wearing shorts and t-shirts so wearing jeans would be suicide (Canadians are not made for that kind of weather). i see plenty of people doing it though, i really respect those...