Poll: Is it too hot for raw denim?

mizanation

Is it too hot for raw denim?  

279 members have voted

1. 1. Is it too hot for raw denim?

• Yes, time for shorts.
    • I wear lightweight denim when it gets this hot.
    • Hell NO!!! I'm a hardcore denim junkie! Raw denim all year round!

This poll is closed to new votes

surprisingly no. im sure japanese are just too courteous to "rubber neck." haha. but ive seen plenty selvege. not okinawas, but levis. im starting to think that alot of the ones in the swap meets are fake.

wow, you can find levi selvage in swap meets? fake or not, that's crazy.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm in Tokyo this summer, 30-35+ weather with 90+ % humidity, there's is no way in hell i will rock jeans. i'm often close to the point of passing out (seriously) wearing shorts and t-shirts so wearing jeans would be suicide (Canadians are not made for that kind of weather). i see plenty of people doing it though, i really respect those...

i really respect the "salarymen" in full suit and tie. that's dedication.

i really respect the "salarymen" in full suit and tie. that's dedication.

me too, last saturday, i had a formal party so i had to wear a suit, i thought i would die, don't remember sweating that much. and it wasn't that hot (compare to really hot days here).

I was in NYC this weekend and I rolled through the city with my RRDS and Jean Shops on (not at the same time of course). It was getting pretty difficult. The subway is where the real trouble occurs. Damn it was humid as all get out down there! I would still wear my jeans, but my washing cycle would also have to be increased. My balls were sweatin.

hmmm. perhaps i should move back to san fran just for the weather. i wonder where a perfect denim city is. definitely not tokyo or new york -- although you'll have access to great denim shops they get hot as balls during the summers.

hmmm. perhaps i should move back to san fran just for the weather. i wonder where a perfect denim city is. definitely not tokyo or new york -- although you'll have access to great denim shops they get hot as balls during the summers.

seattle! great denim city. temperate weather all year round. multi-ethnic, progressively thinking population. only thing is that it rains a whole lot....

• 2 weeks later...

^ i don't think it's the weight of the denim as much as how tight the fit is. the fit on my ns makes it almost unbearable to stand around the subway platform while i wait for the train to come, after walking for eight blocks in the sun.

Still not too hot for denim here on the UK south coast. Getting used to it, more to the point. Anyway, found myself bitching about all these old people going round in the heat wearing suits and ties. Standing there in .jp jeans moaning that "Its too hot for suits" and they should "wear something light weight".

which is why i'm waiting for context store to get back to me about their RRDG :(

edit: but seriously though, new standards are comfy in singapore. i guess i just have natural ventilation shafts running parallel to my blood vessels.

Mate, I'm out and about in the furnace that is the Northen Line today (work in Camden, north London) in my dry Sugar Cane 1947s! It's 29 degrees outside, so God knows what the temperature is on the Tube! But it's hot hot hot. And I'm loving it, because, man alive, there are sooooo many beautiful women out there!