$2,350 for an all paid shopping spree. suggestions?

startmeup

What should i do with 2,350 for clothes?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. What should i do with 2,350 for clothes?

• denim, denim, denim
    • chic designers
    • streetwear
    • rich fuck! save it for something worthwile
    • new tv

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its not a lie, or an exaggeration. i just goot a digital camera. anyone with a mac that knows how to post photos please tell me, and i will show you a picture of me in my 24/34 diesel livs

Dude...I googled those and they are a girl jean. Girl jeans are bigger than what they say they are. I found some nice sz 24 raw, slim girl jeans that didn't have a super low rise. I bought them for $3 and took off all the labels. After about a week of wearing they stretched to about 30" from 28.5"...Also I think Diesel jeans run very large.

its not a lie, or an exaggeration. i just goot a digital camera. anyone with a mac that knows how to post photos please tell me, and i will show you a picture of me in my 24/34 diesel livs.

diesel's VANITY SIZING is absolutely ridiculous. get a pair of acnes, and you'll know your true waist size.

25...guess you're right. 25 is my acne hex raw size

I fit a 27 (or was it 28) in those and I would say my normal waist size is 29-30 so I guess you're more a 28 add or take 1, which is infinitely better for you than being a 24.

you just want to remain the skinniest! GREEDY

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG HOW DID YOU KNOW?

no, but seriously, unless he was just recently purchased from ethiopia (and decided to revel in the abundance of designer denim rather than food), i wanna see how it's possible to be 5'11, wear a size 24, and require a 36 inch inseam.

I'll answer the original question, but first here are some assumptions

1) You already took the decision to buy clothes with the money; consequently I will only suggest clothing articles

2) You don't have 2K to spend in clothing every 2 weeks so this is a special, will not be repeated often, occasion

3) You’re still in college or aren't in a field where you need to dress up

4) You already have a basic wardrobe going on (some tees, hoodies, sneakers, etc) and are looking for some highlights

5) You’re a slim guy going for some sort of rocker/dark look

-You should skip the relatively low-cost everyday articles that you already have and can buy on a relatively regular basis like tees and polos, also designers sneakers mostly suck and you probably already have some beat-up converses, no need for some new sneaks for now. Forget about the Stussy or LV tee, that don’t go well with the aesthetic you’re going for and you can already buy one every month or so as you big clothing expense, even if it’s $150 or something, if there’s something I’ve learned about graphic tee-shirts anyway is that there is no good, one stop brand for tees, only some specific models you should pick and choose from various designers, some possibly costing only $10.

-There are 5 very costly articles that are a must for a totally killer streetwear wardrobe imho, just look at the list and choose what you will get considering what you already own, your personal taste,the climate you live in and the fact that 2.35K is probably not enough to get all five articles of you dreams.

1) Kickass boots: You can either get something sleek and effete rockerish, look for DH, Helmut Lang, costume national, Jil Sander (new offerings=ouch), etc. or a more ragged, biker from hell aesthetic: look for undercover (see Mouko’s slouchy boots), Carpe Diem, Ann Demeulemeester, Caroll Christian Poell and various Japanese brands that Dj Rajio can help you with. Be prepared to spend from $500 to 1.5K on boots depending on what you like and where you find them.

2) Cool jeans, right now superfuture is all about Japanese denim, you don’t need to follow that aesthetic but they have some nice offerings. Depending on what you like look for some threads about black jeans (I like Cloak, Acne, Samurai, and DH raw black), tight jeans (I’d definitely go for DH19CM, APC Cures or Julian Red hoboken these are just the right fit and quality, I prefer 100% cotton jeans to stretch ones). For more relaxed but still tight fit look for : Samurai, Eternal, Pure blue japan, 45RPM, studio d’artisan, etc. Just go into superdenim and select what you like. I’d be prepared to spend between $200 and $800 on jeans. If I were you I wouldn’t dismiss the lower end (200) if you like the fit better, APC is a terrific product and could be your go-to jeans even if you have 45RPM, nobody notices the difference anyway except for ringring 

3) Nice belt: go for leather, preferably brown as it ages better and looks coolers imho. Once again the Japanese have something interesting to offer with studio d’artisan, wild swan and others, you should be able to find a thread concerning them. Since you favour the rocker aesthetic I’ll cut right to the chase: get a Baltazar belt, high quality, made in LA from bridle leather, studded to perfection. They can usually be found on ebay for under $200 but if you can’t find any just go to a store and buy one, watch out about the sizing though, it changed over the years so older models might not fit you. Remember to take it big enough to show a lot of tongue. All credit about telling me and various others about Baltazar belts go to LAGuy, I’ve been wearing mine and an engineered garment one for quite a while now and have never looked back.

4) A tailored slim, 1-2 button black wool blazer. Tuxedo jackets, velvet and various colors and distressing can wait until you have a nice enough set of sports jackets, for now let’s concentrate on the basic black blazer. Get something from a refined European brand with a flair for mixing chic and rock’n’roll. Basically get a DH one on ebay for less than $1000. You could also forego some quality but still get something pretty nice and slim from Acne or J Linderberg. If you want your blazer just slightly bigger than Dior go for costume national, jil sander or helmut lang. I also like Paul Smith but he rarely does basic, no frill, black sportscoats, depending on your built Dolce and Gucci might also be an option, they are less columnar in built and more about waist suppression, see what fits you better instead of blindly going for the dior. Oh wait I forgot about Cloak, if you could also get one of those. Remember it’s you got-to blazer so don’t pick something too flashy or experimental, stay basic and colorless and let the fit speak for you. You should budget from $500 to 1.5K for this.

5) Mouth watering outerwear, depending on where you live this could be anything from a leather jacket to a wool coat. Loads of people do cool outerwear but I would go for something distinctive, great looking but not too experimental (remember the blazer) so no Paul Harnden (just discovered him anyway so not much to say), Carpe Diem or whatever. Some good examples of leather jackets: classic margiela biker jacket (the one with the three zips), DH sucks right now so not them, wool coats still good though, Lad musician, Number (N)ine Cloak (liked earlier seasons better but they’re higher quality now), Rick Owens, $10 thrift store finds, bunch of Japanese brands that DJRajio posted in another thread, I especially like the Julius ones. Be prepared to spend from $10 to 2.5K. Since you’re very slim and I love the one I got, I suggest looking at the lad musician website and getting the asymmetrical zip one, biggest size is 36 though…

Sorry for the bad spelling and grammar, wrote all this very quickly without re-reading and English is not my main language.

do something more worthwhile with that money, i'd say, save it.

but if you have already decided to spend it on clothes, then get a hedi slimane for dior homme suit :D

no. go brioni.

fucking brioni should be paying me for this.

Here's my daily eating schedule as it is now:

Breakfast: 3 eggs and 2 pcs of toast, glass of oj

Lunch: 1 1/2 - 2 chipotle burritos

Dinner: a pizza, two salads and some olives

i eat more than a starved sumo wrestler whos got the weed munchies

i'm not going to tell you to eat more or criticize your body type

but i easily eat more than twice as much as that every day

and i'm not trying to put on weight

(though i do have about thirty pounds on you)

and i may not be a sumo wrestler but i have demolished upwards of a crave case when the munchies hit

anyway i would go abroad 100%

brazil thailand or france

or greece too if you're white

i'd always like to go to japan, but with a bigger roll than two grand for sure

i'm not going to tell you to eat more or criticize your body type

but i easily eat more than twice as much as that every day

and i'm not trying to put on weight

(though i do have about thirty pounds on you)

and i may not be a sumo wrestler but i have demolished upwards of a crave case when the munchies hit

anyway i would go abroad 100%

brazil thailand or france

or greece too if you're white

i'd always like to go to japan, but with a bigger roll than two grand for sure

two whole pizzas for dinner? you guys are fucking crazy. i just ate ice cream for dinner.

its not a lie, or an exaggeration. i just goot a digital camera. anyone with a mac that knows how to post photos please tell me, and i will show you a picture of me in my 24/34 diesel livs

give me the $2350 and i'll enroll you in "snugglepony's internet-town basics 101" wherein you'll learn:

a) what a webserver is.

B) that it doesn't make a lick of difference if you're on a mac or a pc when it come to posting photos to the internet.

c) that the new macbook pro ma and pa bought you could be doing so much more were it not resting upon the "lap" created by your twig-like frame...

ALSO! i'm going to just assume that ddml is right and that you formerly existed as sevendrugsareoverratedbadmkay. care to comment?