Samurai Jeans 5th Year Anniversary Feeler Thread

if someone wants smaller leg opening/ slimmer fit, why wont he/she wear s710 instead? why bother to join the contest at the first place if he/she knows that he/she will wear S0500xx.

though i'm the smallest size in this contest, i personally would respect the original cut and the contest itself since it is also a homage to those people who did wear the same jeans 5 years ago.

first up - i got your messages, thanks tillman!

second: regarding cheating/altering/whatever changes to the jeans - i say we let them all be. if someone wants to personalize the jeans in whatever way they want (tapering a la tg76 or sandpapering or whatever) let them - in the end we'll see how the jeans turn out, and we should all have fun along the way.

I'm not really for all the rules, I just hope we can encourage photos that update the progress over time.

I am with you, joelz. To me, an alteration of the cut is something I wouldn't do or encourage, but if somebody wants to do it - I'm fine with it. You may gain or loose weight during the contest, change your ideas about the fit etc. If it looks bad, the judges will see that. if it works out - dito. If somebody paints his house in his jeans and they look good - why not.

I don't want to spend 300 $ for a pair of jeans and not be able to do what I want in or with them. But I am aware, that I am responsible for my behaviour. if I treat my jeans in a bad way, i risk being judged negatively. Period.

let it coming guys! :)

Both sides have their points. Respecting the designer's idea and knowing what you buy but also doing with them because they are your own fucking pair of jeans.

I'm not the biggest fan of rules but I'm sure we need some because in the end there are some serious prizes ;) And I don't want shit talking like it happened 5 years ago with accusations flying around

haha well played kayodic.

i think it's a different forum than it was 5 years ago. let's just wear our jeans and have fun with it.

and hope to all hell that everyone actually participates and *shares* that participation.

It got really ugly 5 years ago, so I'd rather not see a repeat of that :) It's all pretty subjective anyways - some like vintage fades, some like high contrast. At the end of the day, just wear & enjoy the denim!

i dont mind giving my V-rep to you guys who wear slimmer jeans than me ;)

i hope that sizing down to a 32 does not turn me into the archetype superfuture fit.

If people want to mess with the cut, that is on them. they should just know that all of the veterans from previous contests understand the nature of how, after ordering the jeans, there should only be two ways you can alter your jeans. Hemming and soaking/washing. If they want to fuck their pair up, more power to them, just be willing to take criticism for your cut.

Or why not just burn them in a bonfire just BNWT on them? Perhaps a good chance to win a price with a freshly cremated pair of jeans?

But no worries. That won't happen to me.

I would never change any little thing on any kind of my raw denim stuff. No tapering, no hemming, no soaking, washing. I just wear all my raw denim stuff and wait to see the natural fading coming up more and more.

But if anybody wanna alter his pair of jeans. I don't care. You just perhaps risk to get some less nicer fading structure depending of how you have altered them. That means for me: I like the wider cut, where you can receive stronger and nicer honeycombs, that with tapered and thight worn jeans. But that's just my personal taste

And Tilman: I received your mail and answered you

if someone wants smaller leg opening/ slimmer fit, why wont he/she wear s710 instead? why bother to join the contest at the first place if he/she knows that he/she will wear S0500xx.

though i'm the smallest size in this contest, i personally would respect the original cut and the contest itself since it is also a homage to those people who did wear the same jeans 5 years ago.

I say different strokes and all that...

If my leg opening looks pony, I want to reserve the right to alter them. :D

haha yes...

now i'm keen to see how everyone's pairs will look like, let your creativity and barbarism run wild boys :)

I'm going to turn my pair into shorts

oh evan, i'll keep repping you young warrior lol....

deadendpro; we're on the same boat, my size is in between 27-28 and i decided to go for smaller size. we'll see who has the slimmer fit :D

I'd lean towards allowing people to make some alterations. I doubt that I'd make changes, but wouldn't want to stop others if they'd prefer. I know it likely wouldn't work for me in the contest, but taking in the knee to make more of a boot-cut might work for me... :) That' being said, I'm likely too chicken to do it.