Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

I'm looking to size down to get a pair of STF to fit somewhere like my Skull 5010s and APC NS (sized down 2).

I am looking for actual waist size measurements of size 28 and 29 current model 501 STF indigos. Has anyone bought a pair of these lately?

(I just discovered that there are 28x36 and 29x36 available; I'm not short.)

thanks guys.

-TR

I answered my own question. Zappos'd a pair of 29x36". 28"x36" were not available. $39 overnight to my door is tough to complain about.

They are a not as rigid as I'd hoped. Denim thickness seems about the same as APC NS/NC. I will probably starch hell out of em after I do a bit of hot water shrinking in the legs. I think I might be able to tighten them up just where I want them: just a little baggier than SKull 5010s, so that I can skate/bike in them. Here are my measurements.

levis 29x36 STF

waist 31"

front rise 12"

back rise 14.25"

Thigh 12"

leg opening 8"

Inseam 35.5"

EDIT: the pair I got today (11/10/10) were made in Mexico, which makes me relatively happy.

Yeah I tried finding a pair of 28x35 in January but got nothing, I'm pretty sure they don't make them. Didn't find a 28W STF in-store anywhere so I settled with 30x36. Not very flattering but looks okay I think.

I imagine 12oz is a little hard to stiffen up too but it works out alright. Never starched mine.

wHslR.jpg

yqbv9.jpg

Nzafw.jpg

S9fVh.jpg

Also ignore the mocs they're my backyard shit kickers.

I answered my own question. Zappos'd a pair of 29x36". 28"x36" were not available. $39 overnight to my door is tough to complain about.

They are a not as rigid as I'd hoped. Denim thickness seems about the same as APC NS/NC. I will probably starch hell out of em after I do a bit of hot water shrinking in the legs. I think I might be able to tighten them up just where I want them: just a little baggier than SKull 5010s, so that I can skate/bike in them. Here are my measurements.

levis 29x36 STF

waist 31"

front rise 12"

back rise 14.25"

Thigh 12"

leg opening 8"

Inseam 35.5"

EDIT: the pair I got today (11/10/10) were made in Mexico, which makes me relatively happy.

oh god dont starch them.. just wear them. theyre 50fucking1s for christ's sake. theyre just gonna get stinky and holey faster if you starch.

I got some 28"x36" STFs in Black off of Zappos.

Made in Mex.

Levis 28x36 STF Black

waist 29 3/4"

front rise 11 1/4"

back rise 14.25"

thigh 11 1/4"

leg opening 7 3/4"

inseam 36"

yeah they're not as stiff as indigo but mine have faded really well, i'll post pics this afternoon, and also go ahead and starch, they're just stf's. BUT you will lose a SHIT load of color when you 1st soak, everyone thought i was wearing a pair of dark grey jeans after a few washes.

Hey guys just a heads up!

I'm a store manager for a Levi's mainline store (not outlet) and we just marked down our Grey and Light Blue Shrink To Fits. They are priced at $29.90, but all of our sale section is currently 50% the lowest ticket price .

So, anyone wanting a pair of cheap 501 STF's should go to their local Levi's Store. (full price stores not outlets) (Also, I'm not sure if the Malibu or Meatpacking store will have these as they are such special stores)

The only bummer is that the size range is not as big as the regular indigo STF's which has a huge variety of sizes.

Feel free to call my store and they'll do a send sale for you. Shipping is $7 for 1-2 pair in the Continental US.

804-364-3445

Men have been starching jeans and other cotton clothing for centuries. What's the problem?

The problem is that stiff fabric is more prone to tearing. That is one of the reasons why a lot of jeans require an initial soak, just to get the starch out of them. (There is much less reason to do an initial soak if the jeans have only a little starch added, as the LVC range do.)

Yeah I tried finding a pair of 28x35 in January but got nothing, I'm pretty sure they don't make them. Didn't find a 28W STF in-store anywhere so I settled with 30x36. Not very flattering but looks okay I think.

I imagine 12oz is a little hard to stiffen up too but it works out alright. Never starched mine.

wHslR.jpg

Also ignore the mocs they're my backyard shit kickers.

Great looking jeans there mad.

i don't understand the concept of 'beater jeans'

Well, if I'm doing yardwork, cleaning the house, and putting stuff away in the attic, I'm not too inclined to wear the same jeans that I would wear to work. Basically, if I'm going to sweat profusely, kneel in dirt/mud, or eat BBQ, it's probably better to use a pair of jeans I picked up for ~$30.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody copped these Levi 501 STF selvedge they have on Levi.com yet?

http://us.levi.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4213660&kwCatId=&kw=501&origkw=501&sr=1&f=PAD%2FCategory%2FMen&fbc=1&lmdn=Category&fbn=Category|Men

$98, Imported, and really no other features/hidden rivets/etc...just selvedge, but they also seem to have, what appears to be, better fabric than my other regular indigo Levi 501 non-selvedge.

it didnt leave the tub blue, full of indigo like my regular STF's have.(The water was hardly blue at all) After a month of runnin around town kickin up dirt, I'm showing good wear already.

Will post pics soon..

The only comments I've seen on these selvedge 501's have written them off as modern Levi import crap, and maybe rightfully so.

But after owning a bunch of regular STF's, indigo's moreso than any other color, I've been much more pleased with these in terms of fit and quality, by a longshot.

BTW, I copped them at 40% off so I paid $62 - shipped. Will see what they look like in a few months, if they hold up that long..

anybody else cop?

Well, if I'm doing yardwork, cleaning the house, and putting stuff away in the attic, I'm not too inclined to wear the same jeans that I would wear to work. Basically, if I'm going to sweat profusely, kneel in dirt/mud, or eat BBQ, it's probably better to use a pair of jeans I picked up for ~$30.

problem is that your "beater jeans" will probably turn out to be your favorites, because you are doing everything that needs to be done to make them fade to perfection.

Funny, i try to get my jeans as dirty & sweaty as possible.

Right on! That's how jeans are meant to be treated! Also, as Madder Lake is so right to say, that's how they will turn out best.

We urban dwellers are prone to forget jeans were originally made for gold diggers, cowboys, miners, and not someone who works at a desk.