Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

my 501s are officially my new camping and fishing pants. they will permanently smell like fire and have fish scales all over them hells yeah

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here there are as of recently. I am thinking about soaking them just to shake out some of the dye that is hanging on to some of the broken areas.

IMG_0118.jpg?t=1245105289

My cat wanted in on the pictures, so here she is.

IMG_0119.jpg?t=1245105426

You can see some of the dirt/grass stain on the fade from when I fell when we were ice blocking.

IMG_0120.jpg?t=1245105477

IMG_0121.jpg?t=1245105545

Altoids keep your breath fresh.

I was just at Kohl's today and I saw some brown denim STF's, as well as a different colored blue raw STF's. These new blue STF's look like they have some pseudo-vertical fading-like inconsistencies, and the color is darker than the normal STF's and more like the LVC line.

here is my stf, about 6 months of total wear (got them 1/22/09). First hot soak on that same day. 2nd soak on my grad day on 6/7/09. Also had a rendevous to pismo beach while I was college touring so I waded through the ocean some. I've worn them pretty hard every day up until the past week. I've had issues with high contrast fading though...mmph.

HPIM0791.jpg

HPIM0792.jpg

HPIM0794.jpg

HPIM0795.jpg

HPIM0796.jpg

HPIM0797.jpg

HPIM0799.jpg

HPIM0800.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

3710524690_a1fe6c010c_o_d.jpg

End of June update. Been wearing these more after a slow June. Got caught in a heavy rain storm on the 19th of June and these have stretched out again.. Can't wait for another hot wash to get the fit right.

Hi,

just have been to levis store Munich. And I don't know if this is the right thread. But that's the story: there was a pair of 501s shrink-to-fit that cost 150 Euros and had selvage. They also had gold-ish rivets. So what's the story. So is this a special production of 501stfs? I just knew the 40 dollar ones.

Thanks

^Those could possibly be the same as these ones mentioned in the LVC thread?

Not LVC related, but yesterday i bought the Jeans that are on the last page of "501 the evolution of the jean" limited edition version, as the were on sale at £60 down from £120. I had to go in three different shops in London, to find one which fitted me tagged at 32x34 but mesuring 35X34, which i cannot wash as the fit is rather snug. Distressed LVC Jeans, T-shirts and Orange tab re-issue were aslo on sale at half price.

the 2008 may never became collectible and make into the remarkable jeans, but it all organic cotton and natural indigo and it smells deliciously.The only thing that the staff knew about them was they will shrink.

Sadly, apart from a few fanatics nobody is interested in LVC. Not even the staff at levi's stores in London.

[quote=sayocean;1872624http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2467/3710524690_a1fe6c010c_o_d.jpg

End of June update. Been wearing these more after a slow June. Got caught in a heavy rain storm on the 19th of June and these have stretched out again.. Can't wait for another hot wash to get the fit right.

how did you get so much vertical fading?

i cant get my stfs to fade well at all

• 2 weeks later...
what's the deal with the khaki STFs? i can't seem to find them anywhere, but one website --so i'm curious as to whether it's a typo

im pretty sure its a typo on the macys site (if thats where youre looking), since ive never seen 'rigid khakis' anywhere else

Not a typo. Scroll back to some of my posts in here. I've seen them in person - tan-colored STF 501s.

whoops, i meant that it was a typo that they were labeled 'rigid'...Ive bought them from the store, but not from the website, so I do know they exist haha