Levi's 501 Shrink to Fit (STF)

SLEEZY

checked kohls for 501s, all they had were pre-distressed...sunuvabitch
As to Kohls, they sell the STFs on-line, I believe, but not in stores.

Hm, all of the Kohl's I've been to had STFs in stock, that's where I got mine.

Do Black STFs fit the same as blue STFs?

I believe they do, yes.

edit: I take that back. I went and picked up a pair of the black ones, and I think they actually fit a little bit smaller than the blue ones, maybe by half an inch or so at the waist.

post soak fit pics

Good fit. I made the mistake of not sizing up in width or length on my first pair =[

Anyone know where I can get these for cheap online? I remember a site where they had them for like $17.99 but I forgot.

I don't know about online but I think a lot of Mervyns stores are going out of business and have everything in the store on sale. The one near my house has STFs for around 22 dollars so if there's a store nearby you should check it out.

I'm new to raw denim and wanted to try these out before I move on to more expensive jeans. Just wondering about soaking and putting these in a dryer to shrink before I wear. Does using the dryer have any negative effects on the fading possibilities?

i soaked them, and put them in the dryer and here they are after 4 months of real wear, had them for 6 months

IMG_5464.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

Sorry for the shitty pictures. I'll post up more after I wear them for another month (might take a while though since I'm wearing my flathead 1001's now)

Anyone know where I can get these for cheap online? I remember a site where they had them for like $17.99 but I forgot.

They're not 17.99, but denimexpress has them with fast shipping for like $30 in almost every size range you can imagine.

I'm gonna go on a whim and ask a supernoob question...

Any STF that girls can wear?

I don't think so, as far as I know.

i heard the wear/fade on them aren't all that though :o

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Apparently these don't keep their indigo very well. But black denim takes longer to fade, so who knows? Maybe they'll turn out okay.

Who else is working on a pair of these right now?

I don't think so, as far as I know.

Yeah, I heard the same thing. Apparently these don't keep their indigo very well. But black denim takes longer to fade, so who knows? Maybe they'll turn out okay.

Who else is working on a pair of these right now?

they do look nice. if i didn't have my black NSs, i'd def get these

I'm gonna go on a whim and ask a supernoob question...

Any STF that girls can wear?

for sure - I'm about six months into 501 STFs (they were only $15 on sale so I figured...why not, they're my first pair). The fit is baggier than most of what you'll see here only because I got a 30x30 and they stretched out a lot. 28x32 would've been better and still baggy. (True waist is about a 26, I wear them low.) Also if you're willing to spend more check out the unsanforized denim at BiG... guy's stuff, but depending on how you want it to fit, it can work.

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

I've got some guy denim, namely a pair of 511 Levi's, Slim Kim's which barely pass as masculine, and some red label Kr3w jeans that fit surprisingly well and comfortably. I'm willing to drop some cash as long as the fit and fades end up good, you know?

And another question... what's the smallest size on 501 STFs? I've tried googling... but to no avail.

Really? Cool

I'm finally at a perfect size 26x34 in my nudies after stretching them out for about 2 months. I'm down for slim fits, not too fond of the way bootcut stacks look on me, or nearly any other girl for that matter.. Whatcha think then?

so you're a nudie size 26 or started out 25 and stretched to 26? The RRL's I have, you would need a size 22 or something lol, cause the sizing is really weird. I wear size 28/27 in nudies, 26 in APC, and for RRL I def need 26. The LVCs COULD work if you don't mind the anti-fit, and its def going to go against how most girls wear jeans. It's gonna fit you like how jeans fit women in the 50s. If you've seen pictures of Lucy or Marilyn Monroe rocking 501s with high cuffs, you'll know what im talking about

Epicccc.

Nah they're SSK tagged 26x34, yet I think they're still stretched at around 26 size waist. Nudie 26 feels tiny!

Yeah the problem with this is that seriously premium denim usually doesn't run any smaller than around 24, especially for guys. Fail. I don't know if I could pull off the high cuff 501s though it's worth a try. I'll try to get some to try on to see if the fit's any good. Thanks though!

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate it.

I've got some guy denim, namely a pair of 511 Levi's, Slim Kim's which barely pass as masculine, and some red label Kr3w jeans that fit surprisingly well and comfortably. I'm willing to drop some cash as long as the fit and fades end up good, you know?

And another question... what's the smallest size on 501 STFs? I've tried googling... but to no avail.

Smallest size I've seen in men's STF 501, at least in the US, is 28x30. They made (possibly still make?) a version of the 501 for women, and the smallest size would probably be a 24, but I haven't seen any STF 501s for women.

• 3 weeks later...

a girl in just slightly baggy 501's is one of the cutest things ever. CrissyW, i'd recommend just getting the smalllest mens waist size (28 I think) and sitting in a bath tub of HOT water and get 'em just right. I think you'll be fine with that, if you're actually looking for a 501 fit and not an actually tight fit. Make sure you compensate for the inseam shrinking as well!