Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't think lack of patience is the problem. in my experience defined honeycombs usually appear after one wear (starting from one wash state). no honeycombs after months = operator error. are you ironing between wears?

Seriously? Honeycombs after one wear? This has never happened to me unless the jeans were starched or quite slim. I've never experienced defined homeycombs after one wear.

I mean yeah if you're ironing them, then stop. But if you're just wearing them and you don't have creases behind your legs than just be patient. Or do crunches and sit with your legs crossed. Or ride a bike. Just do stuff.

Seriously? Honeycombs after one wear? This has never happened to me unless the jeans were starched or quite slim. I've never experienced defined homeycombs after one wear.

granted these are warehouse and not sammies (these are the only pics i had of jeans after one wear), but i imagine it would work the same for any one wash jap denim, which should be pretty stiff to begin with. the fit on these is pretty loose in the thighs and knees, tbh.

p.s. if you hang em like this all the wrinkles stay in place, he whispered conspiratorially

wear001back.jpg

i put them in the dryer though. should i resoak them now? or should i wait

If you still think they are big wear them for a day to see how they really feel on you then put them in the washer inside out on the hottest setting without using any washing powder and run them through the dryer again on hottest. That should get maximum shrinkage out of them without losing much indigo. If you still don't like them, put them on supermarket or ebay, buy smaller size or a different cut if you don't like this one, and consider this a learning experience.

Oh, and they WILL stretch back in places like the waist the longer you wear them.

So i have a pair of apc rescues size 30 that measure (BIG style):

waist- 17

FR- 11

Back rise- 14.5

thigh - 11.5

leg opening/knee- 8

i want to order the S5000BK and want to know what size i should order to accommodate the streching. thanks.

Are you wearing a belt with this pair?

I think a S5000BK sz 31 should be ok... Seeing as they stretch about 3" max in the waist. Maybe a sz 30 if you want a slimmer fit... But be careful, the rise is quite low.

Are you wearing a belt with this pair?

I think a S5000BK sz 31 should be ok... Seeing as they stretch about 3" max in the waist. Maybe a sz 30 if you want a slimmer fit... But be careful, the rise is quite low.

No, belt. they are actually just a little tight in the waist. So I would be a fool to get a 33 in these, then? What about a 33 in the 710s? thanks

No, belt. they are actually just a little tight in the waist. So I would be a fool to get a 33 in these, then? What about a 33 in the 710s? thanks

Actually, my S5000BK's waist stretched only 2" from tagged size (I just remeasured) - my size 28 are now 16". So based on that maybe a size 32 in S5000BK's would be best for you.... The general consensus, however, is to size down 1, which would mean a size 33 for you.. It just depends on how slim you want them to fit. Hmm we need a 3rd opinion :)

I wear same size in S5000BK as APC NS, so I initially thought size 30 or 31 would be best for you...

I don't own S710, but they are a lot tighter in the thighs, so be careful there.

• 2 weeks later...
So i have a pair of apc rescues size 30 that measure (BIG style):

waist- 17

FR- 11

Back rise- 14.5

thigh - 11.5

leg opening/knee- 8

i want to order the S5000BK and want to know what size i should order to accommodate the streching. thanks.

ya, sounds like your waist is 34". i'd go for a 32 in bks. i went down 1, and mine fit great for 20 years down the road when i wanna wear them to my kids soccer practice with some sperrys, but are nowhere near slim. I'm gonna go down 2 if i ever get some blue ones, for sure. They do shrink a lot when you wash, but then they stretch back out in like 3 days.

hi guys, if I put them in boiling water, and I mean BOILING will they shrink to tagged Ise? I am planning on putting it on my stove and heating it every few hours

Edit: typos fixed

just stumbled across this thread. for some reason this seemed funny.

did you get all the shrinking out? its basically the same thing as pouring boiling water in a sink ever couple hours which ive done, but just imagining it this way seems more visually entertaining.