Samurai S5000 owners

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think those 5000bk's are going to be the perfect fit, seeing how the consensus is that you don't get the complete shrinkage out of them till about the 3rd or 4th wash

i already have half the mind to get another pair 1 size down...

coz current ones fit perfect post soak, seriously doubt that they will be this fit in a couple of mths wear daily...

plus i soaked them 2x already....

both in hot boiling water...

btw do u all cold soak aft a couple of mths of wear or just normal temp...

just wondering...

:(

The S0500XX's too HJJ?? afaik Samurai deliberately cut the 5000 series a size larger due to the low (esp. front) rise and this is reflected in the size charts. The S0500XX's seemed true to tag, or at least I thought when I looked at the Samurai size chart.

The S0500XX's too HJJ?? afaik Samurai deliberately cut the 5000 series a size larger due to the low (esp. front) rise and this is reflected in the size charts. The S0500XX's seemed true to tag, or at least I thought when I looked at the Samurai size chart.

Afaik I was the one who started the "rumor"(?) about the upsizing of the 5000, I'm not 100% sure that it is correct but I did read it on the sammy page. Anyway, my 29s are still bigger than what the charts say and its only +1" in the charts, probably because of the larger sizing error on these because of the weird shrinkage.

According to Gordon they will shrink to tag size if you tumble on HOT. I've done 2 warm, 2 hot soaks and dried on 60*C once, still measure 32".

My 29 S0500XX are also 32" after 3 hot soaks.

My 29 S0500XX are also 32" after 3 hot soaks.

Hi HJJ, I recently picked up both BK and VX S5000 and tried on SO500XX. So far I have warm-washed the BKs, and the VXs are awaiting their turn when I get very bored.

I've got both S5000s in 31, which is my size in , well, diors, and they fitted snugly in the waist when raw, and while the BKs shrunk considerably overall after the wash the waist shrinkage was very minimal.

As for SO500s, in sz 31 I could not even button them up in the shop and could barely do so in sz 32, so I would not suggest to size down on them as much as on the 5000s.

Does anyone else find these to be a bitch to break in?

how long have you been wearing yours?

I've found mine to be fairly easy to break in. I have very noticable whiskering and lap fading.....worn them for about 4 months straight with one hot wash. It seems they've begun to fade easier after the first wash. I'd say these have faded the same if not more then my new standards. Also, I dont do anything hard in them except walk around doing normal daily activities.

how long have you been wearing yours?

I've found mine to be fairly easy to break in. I have very noticable whiskering and lap fading.....worn them for about 4 months straight with one hot wash. It seems they've begun to fade easier after the first wash. I'd say these have faded the same if not more then my new standards. Also, I dont do anything hard in them except walk around doing normal daily activities.

pics please?

hey peeps im kindda having trouble which ones to choose im ordering from toshiko at samurai's im thinking .... s it the s5000vx or the s5000wx ?? thanks guys! i mean i know its just aesthetics i need your opinions..