Age and favourite Denim brand

Raw Selvedge

It is clear that most the people who have posted for ages in this forum favour Levi's vintage jeans and repro brands such as sugarcane, studio d'artisan, eternal, 45rpm, oni, samurai, pure blue etc. But I don't think you can say some brands are the best for everyone. It also depends on age group, different styles/brands of jeans suit different age groups and surroundings/lifestyles. What are people's ages and favourite brands of denim?

I'm a 20 year old student at University and my favourite denim brands are Evisu, Nudie and Levi's. Being a student, I don't have loads of money and have to save up to buy jeans, so if I'm going to pay like $300-400 for a pair of jeans I would definately get a pair of Evisu jeans that stand out a bit, instead of going for the more simple traditional looking jeans. Nudies are awesome jeans too, and are in a slightly different price category compared to Evisu. Levi's are always great, especially their collaborations such as Fenom Disco's, and they have huge range with prices to suit any budget.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am 30 and have worn most of the jeans that you have mentioned. I think fit is very important these days, where in the past I was a quality snob. I will settle for a happy medium. These days I wear Imperial dukes 6 days a week, and when I am wearing shoes that would create too much drag action on the imperials I wear other jeans. Last night I went out in Levis big E 646 repros and today I am wearing the old trusty Evisu 0331 that I have had since 2000.

Carpe Denim! (not the jean brand silly!)

1123865699585_selvage_edited.JPG

29. jean shops right now . . . the denim's great but its the cut that sold me, they're definitely not the best price/quality find out there, though I find the fit exceptional. It's that and the new standards on a daily basis, and once in a while dope drakkar 1100 and some worn in vintage orange tab 517s. I've cleared out all my other denim in the last month, trying to focus.

Edited by the black arm on Jun 11, 2006 at 02:10 AM

im 21 and my current favorite pair is this pair of selvedge denim jeans i picked up in the womens section of banana republic, believe it or not they are a wicked fit, and have been wearing very nicely..

too bad the quality hasnt really held up its end of the bargain. recently i acquired a whole in the crotch from running too hard in them. shame., guess i'll just have to patch em up.

call it what you want..

im 26. I was wearing generic jeans (old navy, gap or guess...). My former japanese roomate started me with jeans back in college. He had a $800 60's Levi. I started out with a $90 lucky fender(big mistake). Those jeans are great but now thinking back, i should have save the money to get sth better and the jeans have become pretty tight. then i got a pair of seven for all mankind for $50. pretty good. next it's a Hero AG from nordstromrack. which is not too bad. a blue cult which i regret now since the fabric does not justify the price. Spending couple hundred bucks on those designer jeans is not very worth it. you basically buying the brand name and the " Made in USA". they also try to make it stand out too much with their back pocket( TR, RRepublic...) and the fabric is cheap.

So my next step was vintage jeans. there i got my diesel and a used but nicely faded wrangler 47. love them even thu i don't wear the wrangler that much. A trip to a thrift store by accident one day land me a true vintage LEVI big E half redline and raw emerald blue jeans. and it only costs me $20. being wearing them for 2 months now whenever i can (not for work thu hahaha it's quite stinky). Vintage jeans are great, u buy at a very low price history, quality and look.

recently i acquired some cool levis brand new: premium 501 redline, premium skinner washed, skinner dark japanese denim and the best one repro 1955 501 XX big E. but they r too big for so i put them for sell on ebay.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZdonkaisersQQhtZ-1QQfrppZ50QQfsopZ1QQfsooZ1QQrdZ0?

they are real guys. for the starting price it's a steal.

I may put the dark skinner for sell too ( too small for me hahaha)

and yesterday i got a pair a Edwin Sen RV for $50. I posted a thread about information on it on superdenim. im still researching on it.

hunting for bargain good jeans r fun since they are rarer and rarer. My gf think im loco but find it quite interesting my denim passion.

My wish list will be a studio d'artisan a repro Lee and the ultimate 501XX big E.

Guest Berget__

Im 17. My favorite jeans that I own are a pair of No1 Evisu. Lot 0101, theyre supposed to be a 40s repro but they fit really baggy. I also have a pair of Ijin material and a pair of Edwin ed-47 that I like, the denim and the fit on the Ijin's are better than the edwins but Im currently breaking in the Edwins so the Ijins and Evisus arent getting much wear.

I love the japanese repros and after working this summer I will probably by a pair of Sugarcanes, Dartisans or Warehouse.

I aint gotta get money man money get me

27. I dig Nudies, SugarCanes, and my new Jean Shops.

8, sugarcanes. i love sugarcanes. like fat kids love cake. or like crack whores love coke.

edit: im trying to be a role model. dont do drugs or youll end up like minya.

Edited by red on Jun 12, 2006 at 05:55 AM

Quote:

8, sugarcanes. i love sugarcanes. like fat kids love cake. or like crack whores love coke.

edit: im trying to be a role model. dont do drugs or youll end up like minya.

Edited by red on Jun 12, 2006 at 05:55 AM

--- Original message by red on Jun 12, 2006 05:40 AM

or like me. im a superjunkie, and it has destroyed my life.

shit...

24, Favorite brand at the moment is still Atelier LaDurance. Ever since they came out is was sold. Nudies and blue Bloods are kin da nice too. Also PRPS, but the quality isn't that good as I expected. I love the older evisu's from the late nineties, but eversince those arab/asian/persian mother fuckers introduced fakes here i don't wanna be seen in them again. You can see trailer trash to children just 1 year old to old fokes like 80 to motherfucking bums wearing the evisu logo here. It's totally NOT done here for like 3 years anymore. Such a shame, I still have like 6 pairs rottin' away in the bottom of my closet.

24. i'm definitely feeling most of the japanese jeans that i've come across. i have a pair of eternal 811's, which i really like due to its textured denim and slim silhouette. i haven't broken in my 45 rpm sorahiko's, but it will see some action on friday. itching to get a pair of studio d'artisan 103's.

i really like rag & bone as well. well constructed and quality american jeans.