Superswap v5

tac0tron

shipped

swag, swag!

it is out in the wild. threw in a few i'm sorry things though I am still officially on time (like always) rahaha
Sent! 4-6 business days. Enjoy partner.

$wag for all of you!

And addressing those who aren't posting pics...

Hey guys, just letting you know it would be nice if for people to post pictures/video of what they have received as soon as possible! The faster those are up, the more the sender will know how much you appreciate it. As a sender that's how I feel when someone posts up the stuff I've sent to them. Its almost like a "thank you" you know? :)

And, the deadline has been extended for the LAST time.

New deadline: July 25, 2011

All packages sent after this date will be considered late, but even if this date passes you should still send your package. Better late than never, or else you're an asshole.

Unofficial participant #1 signing in... bored@work.

So I received this superswap5-unrelated package from samsikle about a week ago.

Signed by all three authors, including the man himself. Triple check.

img5958l.jpg

Thanks so much, Sam! I now have a superswap-like package for you, to be dropped off at the PO today. Hells yeah...

unofficial swap package posting! just got my thank you package from baeyer-drewson from australia! so much fucking awesome shit packed into a red wing box haha.

64d859a8.jpg

super awesome books and TIMTAMS!! so stupid good. (my family is hella trying to come up on them)

e28d39ef.jpg

stickers, toy camera, super mario bros. capsule toy, notebook, chairman mao magnet (i don't have any magnets on my fridge yet!), spirited away playing cards (that's my favorite ghibli movie!), brain stress ball, four dvds.

thank you so much, you are seriously far too kind. you really didn't have to send anything in exchange (but i'm glad you did!) i'm happy that i could get that book cause it meant a lot to you and was really no trouble on my part. my apartment is a happier place with novels and trinkets <3333 u r the fucking best.

... now where's my real swap package? (ps, i'm running the swap. i know who you are ;) )

Glad the package made it, Sam! I was starting to get worried, AusPost tracking was telling me it hadn't left Australia like a week later haha.

Nothing amazing (well, except for the TimTams of course), but hopefully you have a few miscellanea for the putative book/DVD shelf in your new apartment!

I hope I can get in on the next SuperSwap! Superfuture is probably the coolest online community around. I've lurked a few forums, but SuFu is the only one with members I'd actually want to chill with in real life.

♥ you, Superfuture peeps! If anyone is in sunny Sydney, Australia anytime soon, get at me.

let me first preface this post by saying that sam is the shit. she's honestly the first person i talked to (on sufu) about music and our shared love for jazz, Sade, and everything in between.

let's get on with this. i came home from tennis to this superdank package from samantha (samsikle) (i lol'd at the UO box). i had a good feeling that she got me in the swap, and when i saw this post, i knew she was gonna come through with the goods:

I'm just gonna leave this here:

I saw one item Sam is sending, and it's glorious. It's the epitome of what superswap is about, and mad + rep is due. Sam's partner, you are extremely lucky (I'm fucking jealous).

complete9.jpg

i open the package to read this:

complete3.jpg

complete1p.jpg

the (very well-wrapped) bag at the top contains an OG Four Loko:

complete8.jpg

complete7.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete6.jpg

i open the black Y-3 box and find this awesome master chef denim apron, which is, i'm assuming, what OkayOkay was talking about.:

complete5.jpg

complete4.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-

all of this was wrapped very nicely (package within a package concept). i seriously said "holy shit" out loud when i opened the Y3 box and saw my name on the apron. the denim is unbelievable on this. sam mentioned me teaching kids how to cook in the note. i was a bit confused at first, and i laughed hard when i understood what she thought. what i meant was cooking (based god dance), but she mistook it for actually cooking (food). lol, i'm gonna have to school her on this.

barring that, next level doesn't begin to describe this package. apron = my love for denim + cooking + cooking (dance) = goddamn. these chocolates look so dank and i'm especially intrigued by the olive oil sea salt one. unfortunately, i'm on a strict diet now, but i promised my little brother (who will also be making use of the apron; he apparently dubs himself the "next david chang") that we'll eat them together next month after he gets back from a summer program at boarding school.

i'm not gonna lie; i have a major crush on emma stone. my tumblr is filled with her, so kudos to sam for including the vanity fair issue. the amoeba tee fits like a glove and i'm definitely gonna give A Public Space a read. those 3 dvd's (brothers bloom is definitely underrated) have now joined my to-watch list. the four loko is being saved for some fun coming up soon.

in closing, i'd like to thank selective beef (for the pervburger patch - so swag), mrip (for the OG four loko blueberry), and most importantly, samantha, for a supersickdopefuckingawesomewoowooswag package.

yay!! i'm so glad everything worked out. i just figured cooking was literally cooking.. since we are totally due to go grub anyhow at least you can teach those kids how to do the cooking dance in a legit denim apron. :o

i totally read that you were on a strict diet earlier this week and i was like 'aw well shittt.. :( ' hopefully you'll be able to enjoy them chocos cause they are sooooooo yum.

def. save that loko for a rainy day but be careful cause last time i drank lokos with mrip my heart nearly exploded.

now you need to make a youtube vid of you doing the cooking dance in your new denim apron cause scott.m did a vid of me (smirnoff) icing him last swap :P