Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

Holy fuck. My mom always pushes religion when I'm home on breaks, and today she made me go to the mosque with her for the Friday prayer because I head back to school on Sunday. I'm actually glad I went because I got to witness the most batshit fucking insane speech I've ever heard.

According to the imam (priest equivalent), if the devil tempts a man into cheating on his wife it's probably because she's not fulfilling his needs. She should let him take the mistress as another wife instead of staying with him as a fornicator.

If your wife isn't being obedient, you should advise her on how to improve her behavior. If that isn't enough, there are a few steps you should take before divorcing her.

1. Withhold sex from her to show her that you resent her.

2. Beat her. Yes, the guy actually said that the second step is to beat your wife. The caveat is that you can't bruise her, so it barely counts as hitting. It's a "symbolic" beating, whatever the fuck that means.

3. Have the set of parents come in as mediators. He told an anecdote of the prophet and one of his wives having issues, so they brought in her dad as a mediator. She told the prophet to tell his side of the story first but not to lie, and then her dad slapped her across the face because the prophet never lies. She cowered in fear and hid behind the prophet, and at that moment their issue was resolved because he was her protector.

4. If none of the above work, you can divorce. But she can't be on her period because that shit's nasty.

It was very surreal. I was laughing at the ridiculousness of it to myself...but no one else seemed the least bit disturbed. I hope it's because people tune that out instead of actually agreeing with it, which would be fucking terrifying. What really bothers me though is that little kids listen to that shit, and this is coming from an authority figure. Fuck everything about that.

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes, but when Sports came out in '83, I think they really came into their own, commercially and artistically. The whole album has a clear, crisp sound, and a new sheen of consummate professionalism that really gives the songs a big boost. He's been compared to Elvis Costello, but I think Huey has a far much more bitter, cynical sense of humor.

patricke ervel

i spend too much time on the internet

ive learned that metalcore, emo, hardcore, goregrind, skramz, deathcore, grindcore, skramz, power violence, thrashcore, post hardcore, emocore, and noise rock are all considered different genres and people will get mad if you get them confused