Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

i'm not gonna name names, but i bought a pair of (used, obviously) cp's off someone - and the right shoe had a small bloodstain in it. i pm'd the du and he basically said 'first world problems, big deal'. i've tried to get it out to no avail, but i'm still a bit grossed out by it. i went to wear them today for the first time but just saw it and it totally put me off. should i have kicked up more of a fuss? it was like 2 months ago.

edit: stain is on the heel, so it has direct contact with my foot (socks and cp's look stupid to me) - if it was on the sole or something i wouldn't really care.

i'm not gonna name names, but i bought a pair of (used, obviously) cp's off someone - and the right shoe had a small bloodstain in it. i pm'd the du and he basically said 'first world problems, big deal'. i've tried to get it out to no avail, but i'm still a bit grossed out by it. i went to wear them today for the first time but just saw it and it totally put me off. should i have kicked up more of a fuss? it was like 2 months ago.

edit: stain is on the heel, so it has direct contact with my foot (socks and cp's look stupid to me) - if it was on the sole or something i wouldn't really care.

size and color?

The shitty thing about your predicament is that you bought it from a private seller; with no buyer protection and thus, no incentive for the seller to disclose the entire truth up front.

From the looks of it though, you're best off placing a band-aid or something of the sort over the stain. If the guy's initial response was some dickheaded answer like, "1st world problems bro, blah blah I'm a dick", then it probably wouldn't do much to make a bigger fuss, especially 2 months removed.

In any case, name names, if only to warn others about similar situations with this du later down the line.

should've blurted out vomit, on her face

I actually lol'd.

In any case, name names, if only to warn others about similar situations with this du later down the line.

I fully support this. I like to think I'm a pretty good seller in the supermercado, and I'm always honest about the wares. Fuck this guy's dishonesty. Name names. I like to avoid sellers like this.

you are right; that's the bummer with private/forum sales. ironically, i could have been a bigger dickhead (maybe i should have) and just filed a dispute straight away. i thought of the band-aid idea, but i figured it would just come off. i'll give it a go anyway, thanks.

edit: there's some in the other shoe too, fugg.

It's really exhilarating to drop 20k in ten minutes, even if it's for bills.

Did about this for 3 years for my business...our lease was 16k/mo + other fixed and variable expenses. Writing checks like that was a novelty at first, then got super fucking old. Seeing a ton of money passing through my fingers with a small percentage sticking is maddening.