Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

i stopped using youtube a few years ago when a lot of the stuff on my favourites lists started getting deleted. not only could i no longer listen to it, youtube also refuses to tell you what a deleted video was, and i have terrible memory so will most likely never find some of these songs again

now i use a spotify/itunes setup where itunes houses everything that isn't in spotify's library, but all the organizing and playing is done through spotify.

my only issue with spotify is that it's basically impossible to look for classical music on there as for every piece theres a million uploads of really bad versions and the good ones just kind of disappear in the pile.

Just DL the whole of Karajan, he won't mind, I hear he's rather dead these days. Readily available cause the dude was a superstar and recorded a lot (as you surely know).

holy shit! last night was a nightmare!

bought two different types of chilis from the indian grocery around the corner for making some type of veggie-heavy stir fry... thought i should gut them of all the seeds etc... 30 minutes later i am in excruciating pain, straight up feels like shoving my palm and fingers directly into a belt sander alternating with the skin dripping off melting in napalm. the fucking chili oil had completely saturated my hands.

spent the next four hours running my hands under the cold bath faucet. if i took them off the pain came back seemingly stronger. ended up having to fall asleep clutching hand towels i had soaked and put in the freezer.

holy shit! last night was a nightmare!

bought two different types of chilis from the indian grocery around the corner for making some type of veggie-heavy stir fry... thought i should gut them of all the seeds etc... 30 minutes later i am in excruciating pain, straight up feels like shoving my palm and fingers directly into a belt sander alternating with the skin dripping off melting in napalm. the fucking chili oil had completely saturated my hands.

spent the next four hours running my hands under the cold bath faucet. if i took them off the pain came back seemingly stronger. ended up having to fall asleep clutching hand towels i had soaked and put in the freezer.

lmao i understand that this was painful, but this could be a decent physical comedy bit.

Speaking of music... now that the golden era of blogspot rapidshare and megaupload links is over, where would one go to d/l music, specifically older music (LP rips and shit like that)?

Almost everything is on soulseek, I barely ever use what.cd or rutracker anymore

That said, most of the time if I don't have something downloaded already, I'll just use spotfiy

told ill be going to sydney tomorrow morning for pre-season (i should start packing): but while on this i feel inclined to touch on how underestimated athletic excellence is. especially with the world cup that has just passed and people say ‘its just men kicking a ball’. unless youve experienced firsthand the trials physically and mentally to even make the step into being a pro itll be hard to grasp that it isnt just men kicking a ball.

the step you take from being just a youth team player to first team player is immense. unlike the 9-5 world its such a large leap. this leap has been what 4 years and im still not there. who knows if i ever will be.

theres no one-off interview to secure a contract. theres no settling in period. theres no resting on your laurels.

dont get up to speed you get cold shouldered. dont have banter no one talks to you. you do one good session you think its enough but its not theres 6 more days to the week. its a brutal place where no one puts their arm around you to say i hope you make it. nah its a place where you have to back yourself where you work so hard to just conform so you get that pat on the shoulder and finally you feel warm and good again but you know that tomorrow if you fuck up you’ll be out in the cold again.

Edited by howl

i feel inclined to touch on how underestimated athletic excellence is.

underestimated? are you fucking serious? this is probably the dumbest shit i've ever read in six years of posting on here. athletes along with their 'athletic excellence' are basically looked upon as gods by the the overwhelming majority of mainstream western society.

Edited by conqueror

is this really the dumbest thing you've ever read here? well...i wont get into a pointless shit-sling in any case. by my definition of underestimation, it is to say that most, while looking highly upon athletic excellence still underestimate the reaching of such levels of excellence. there is an attitude towards it that pulls casual remarks such as what ive said about it being just a matter of kicking balls. all i was looking to say was to create a contrast between the pathway of a 9-5 to an athletic pathway because very few realise what sacrifices and situations and issues elite athletes ever have to go through. dont get so worked up.

my buddy from back home came to the Academy and is going through his basic training, which ill start training in a couple of days. (broken up into 2 details each 3 weeks long, first detail is all garrison, issue points, familiarization with the military, basic soldier skills and 2nd detail is a lot of field training and infantry shit)

i havent seen him yet, we do 2 weeks of train up in preparation to train the New Cadets and was hoping to run into him but didnt have any luck. So i asked around.

Apparently he is the talk of the town for a Negligent Discharge. on a rifle range when the range was cold, he fired off a round about 45 degrees from straight down range. whole range shut down, people in charge of him got fucked. he oblivious new cadet and didnt know better, but was a huge deal.

makes me nervous to do live fires with these kids, people be shooting over my shoulder and shit. NDing left and right....fuck

makes me think of how easily people get their license.. my friend and i were in the car with a girl from my course who'd just gotten her provisional license and didn't feel safe in the slightest like hitting the kerb/failing parking etc.. i think when i got my license it was 25 hours supervised driving and a 30 minute practical test. when i think about it now that's not enough even though i've had my license for 3 or 4 years now i only felt comfortable after at least a year.. one of my old school teachers died recently because some girl didn't look and pulled out from a stop sign.. just got up that day and decided she wasn't going to look like 25 hours driving isn't preparation for squat

Your buddy sounds like a fucking moron. Pretty basic gun control shit, especially for someone who willingly enlisted

i dont know if you shoot a lot, but you'd be surprised about the stupid shit that happens. a friend of mine got recycled through ranger school due to a ND, wasnt his fault, but weird shit just happens. he was a LT, in for 4 years too.

a little bit of a moron, agreed, he just lazy. not really enlisted though, its a college, he here to play tennis and be good at school, does military training in summers and we officers on graduation.

Had bad dream about sufu ln..

buzzfeed acquired superfuture and all thread titles had to be changed into clickbait headlines. Woke up n had to check with the quickness. Sent prayers out to the temple of jawnz for not actually being tru

told ill be going to sydney tomorrow morning for pre-season (i should start packing): but while on this i feel inclined to touch on how underestimated athletic excellence is. especially with the world cup that has just passed and people say ‘its just men kicking a ball’. unless youve experienced firsthand the trials physically and mentally to even make the step into being a pro itll be hard to grasp that it isnt just men kicking a ball.

the step you take from being just a youth team player to first team player is immense. unlike the 9-5 world its such a large leap. this leap has been what 4 years and im still not there. who knows if i ever will be.

theres no one-off interview to secure a contract. theres no settling in period. theres no resting on your laurels.

dont get up to speed you get cold shouldered. dont have banter no one talks to you. you do one good session you think its enough but its not theres 6 more days to the week. its a brutal place where no one puts their arm around you to say i hope you make it. nah its a place where you have to back yourself where you work so hard to just conform so you get that pat on the shoulder and finally you feel warm and good again but you know that tomorrow if you fuck up you’ll be out in the cold again.

"sports"

I find it amusing how, just because he has dedicated x amount of years towards "athletic excellence," it must be underestimated.

(And yeah, soccer is just a bunch of drama majors running around, attempting to kick a ball. I do give them credit, though, for having sweet tracksuit swag. )

Edited by TresUnCool