Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

Post one up weed 69! It'd be great to have a thread for that. I am curious to try my hand as well.

11746_10200438737232724_846025849_n.jpg

someone can cross post this, cos i cant find a thread meant for this. i wrote a little description for it. note that i don't draw that very often so the angles and the black places are kind of just small mistakes but whatever:

prototype; tech inspired fishtail parka/coat.

the softest dark grey wool, button and hidden (riri) zipper lock, various utility functions; iphone pocket (& gun sling lol). sleeves are accompanied with tapered wrist-straps. breathable, water & weather proof. black silk lining.

plenty of room for an insulator jacket. designed for biking in an urban environment and fighting a potential civil war.

$$$1500 (edited)

Edited by weed 69

yeah i mean

that's what happened in the past couple of years with fashion product bloggers and the internet

there is so much consumer knowledge out there now,

such that everyone seems to consider themselves as "curated experts in product details"

that's kind of the angle a lot of clothing brands pander to now,

spitting out product buzzwords like "riri, talon, cone mills, primaloft" and stuff

which to me, is both a good thing and a bad thing.

it's leveled the playing field and barrier to entry... as many cool new brands and concepts come out, there is also a staggering amount of redundancy and dickriding

yeah i mean

that's what happened in the past couple of years with fashion product bloggers and the internet

there is so much consumer knowledge out there now,

such that everyone seems to consider themselves as "curated experts in product details"

that's kind of the angle a lot of clothing brands pander to now,

spitting out product buzzwords like "riri, talon, cone mills, primaloft" and stuff

which to me, is both a good thing and a bad thing.

it's leveled the playing field and barrier to entry... as many cool new brands and concepts come out, there is also a staggering amount of redundancy and dickriding

hey i totally feel you. how i wish knew how to sew and had a six digit budget.

would you cop, though? i promise i will hire only master tailors and use the most luxurious of fabrics.

edit: or maybe i could hire you for insider buzzword knowledge so i know what to put on this shit and make it more likable

Edited by weed 69

i'd print on t-shirts the stuff you see in your fighter pilot helmets, neo-classicism, kabbala and psychedelics. very original. lots of ideologies, lots of them

dusty black n white pin ups, each single tee signed individually, respectively by your favorite niche amateur model. maybe blueprints and stuff too...

ok, i gotta stop

Edited by weed 69

You're so cute felip

Srsly tho why not just start doing it? You'll learn so much about how much you don't know which is the fun part. Read some books on basic sewing, make simple stuff for yourself, and with your newfound basic pattern making knowledge observe the construction of the clothes you own and see online and see what makes a great designer great, from the silhouette to the details to the brand image. Then find a maker to make a sample for you and decide for yourself if you really want to make clothes for sale or you just want something cool to wear that you can tell people you made/designed.

The idea of tumblr focused products that thrives off detail buzzwords sounds like an interesting project tho... Though more sociological than fashunz

Edited by lotek01

jawnz production is like, not that simple man

u gotta worry about making the pattern then cutting the shits then sewing fabric together

u gotta worry about seam allowance and all dat dere

watch out for dat seam allowance bro

These people I know always bitching about how hard it is to get going in their career or find work. I'm like damn dude, you picked a "career" with exceptionally low barriers to entry, and something pretty easy that most anyone can do with a minimal financial or time investment. Everyone should take an Econ course. You ever hear a cardiologist or a CPA bitching on Facebook about "how these fucking kids make it so hard to earn a living". I'm sorry your graphic design / photography / marketing / merchandising career isn't skyrocketing, I'm blown away.

*disclaimer: some people do make it in these industries, props to you. You're probably justified in bitching about how some kid is fucking the industry up by shooting weddings with his iPhone.