Miscellaneous Musings (Limited Edition)

so right now i'm working in a lab about 40 hours a week (for credit, not for pay), plus trying to train for cycling between 10-20 hours a week, but i'm considering trying to get a job at night so I have jawnz money/can stop mooching off my parents so much, which makes me feel like a shitbag. My parents support me a lot and its not like they've told me I need to get a job or anything, I just feel bad because I'm 20 years old and still rely on my parents for everything. sigh.

i'm 25 and i will be relying on my parents paying for shit for at least 2 more years until i have my masters degree. get your head out of the gutter. what good is that shitty job gonna do you if you're gonna fail your exams and be a disappointment to your parents. they pay for your shit cause they love you and want to see you succeeding and achieving your academic goals.

if after that you get a good job and still feel guilty for something you should feel grateful for then by all means pay your parents back, but don't expect them to accept the money

so right now i'm working in a lab about 40 hours a week (for credit, not for pay), plus trying to train for cycling between 10-20 hours a week, but i'm considering trying to get a job at night so I have jawnz money/can stop mooching off my parents so much, which makes me feel like a shitbag. My parents support me a lot and its not like they've told me I need to get a job or anything, I just feel bad because I'm 20 years old and still rely on my parents for everything. sigh.

money doesn't seem like a problem for your parents like it was for mine (long story short, my mom fell sick, retired early and i had to start working full time with full courseload to help my parents to pay for shit)

i'd suggest to keep working hard (like you already are) then once you get a solid job, take your parents to cancun or something

Edited by boy better know

no hate lilmike but you're only 20 dude. bbk and redX said it well - your rents are helping you out because they love you and they want to give you the best head start they can, you're not a mooch.

if it's a serious guilt trip for you maybe talk to them about it? are they resentful that they have to help you out? i'm sure they're actually just very proud they have a son that works so hard. i'm 23, i work a couple jobs and help out at home/pay nominal rent/board but i'm still living with family. for another few weeks anyway

i'm 25 and i will be relying on my parents paying for shit for at least 2 more years until i have my masters degree. get your head out of the gutter. what good is that shitty job gonna do you if you're gonna fail your exams and be a disappointment to your parents. they pay for your shit cause they love you and want to see you succeeding and achieving your academic goals.

if after that you get a good job and still feel guilty for something you should feel grateful for then by all means pay your parents back, but don't expect them to accept the money

+1, if your parents aren't hard up then it's just money, just paper that is fleeting, no feelings. You will understand when you have your own kids someday, which is what your parents probably want most in the world.... paying bills for kids is just due course, even if your kids get older...

There's a dog at the SPCA I put my name down for, he's awesome, but they had to hold him for a month for ringworm treatment. I'm starting to get cold feet now tho, thinking about the commitment and time invested. But I know he's gonna go fast if I back out, and might not come up on one like this again.

newest member: supreme

are you telling me that this board has been around for almost a decade, and no one has ever tried registering with this screenname before?

2v0bvo1.jpg

and his first post is...

Hey guys, got 5 Nike Flyknits left in White/black and Grey/volt from the second hit. Selling each for $800 a pop. Got sizes US8,9,10,11,12

Images will be uploaded soon once I figure out how to do it (im new!)

i wonder if 'supreme' knew his 'newest member' status would show up like a mini box logo like that

edit: we'll never know because he probably just came here to resell shit and will never check this thread

Edited by dismalfuture

A week ago I was riding the Yamanote line from Shibuya so I could get up to Ueno and get out to the airport. Leaning on a wall inside, just inside of the Hachiko exit, I saw this Japanese guy with a micro perm cut into a 10" high-top fade, bic'd on the sides, dyed dark brown. He was tanned to about chocolate brown and was wearing small P.M. Dawn style sunglasses on the end of his nose, and was wearing full deadstock Cross Colors stuff head to toe, can't remember what kinda shoes but they were period-correct. Yellow, purple, and red clothes, i think purple baggy jeans.

Tried getting a pic of him incognito but I lost him as he went through the ticket stile, and then suddenly he appeared next to me on the train out of nowhere. I kept trying to get a pic but he kept moving farther away. Was probably riding the train with him a good 20 minutes but never got a good shot. Would've been so priceless.

meh, I'm not trying to be mean, just not my cup of tea i suppose. ill just most likely stay away from this part of the board. its like a "cool kids" club for people who probably aren't that cool outside of here.

supertrash makes sense now.

meh, I'm not trying to be mean, just not my cup of tea i suppose. ill just most likely stay away from this part of the board. its like a "cool kids" club for people who probably aren't that cool outside of here.

supertrash makes sense now.

thanks in advance!!

on the quitting weed and dreaming vivid stuff, i wrote this down some time ago:

i have a lot of weird and vivid dreams, but i like this one in particular that i had a few days ago. i dreamt i was in this alien tropical forest lit up by jellyfish-like plants and a blue moon, i was wading through this swamp, chest-deep, in bare feet with a huge sword held above my head being anxiously afraid of what i would step on, although the ground felt like rock, oddly enough. then i dropped my sword by accident and couldn't find it... i remember walking into one of these plants and it split in half like a gooey yellow glowing ball of blop, straight out of a japanese sci-fi anime. everything was purple.

do you remember mining for unobtainium?