Denim Repair

obsessis

you just call him up and be like "yo send denim?"

I sent Gordon an email that said something like : I'll be needing to do some repairs to my samurai s5000 I got from you and I was wondering if it was possible for you to send me some denim scraps. He said it was possible, confirmed my address (and I'm sure my account and history with big) then the denim arrived a week later. Oh yeah, I also asked about thread which he also sent. Gordon is the man.

Victor just gave me some scraps that were layin around his shop while I was there. He is also a great guy.

Felt like I was swagger jackin' soonami with the yellow thread and my shit just looked weird so I redid the knee on my 660's from the inside.

660knee.jpg

660knee2.jpg

Not sure what to do about the weft threads. Too hard to get the sewing machine in there and I'm not about to tear open the jeans, that's for sure.

Some more repairs on my 660's. Back pocket was really hard to get to with the sewing machine, but I managed (kinda):

660pocket2.jpg

660pocket.jpg

Had to take the pocket apart a bit to get to the bottom corner properly.

While I was at it, I patched the knee on my Sewing Chop's before it got out of control. I think this one came out a lot better.

sc002knee.jpg

Guess this is boring without before pictures, but fuck it. The crotch was super thin and I couldn't really wear the jeans anymore without them exploding. Here's the crotch from the inside:

sc002crotch.jpg

And how it looks from the outside:

sc002crotch2.jpg

you can also kinda see pics of my crotch blowout repair... one done by SE, one done by a local tailor. heres pics of the shit on my nudies (crotch blowout + rip down thigh)

repair by SE the firs time i got a rip in the crotch

3683217300_2dc1bf1c17_o.jpg

external view

3682405833_8bb9187af1_o.jpg

crotch rip #2 that developed by the back

3683217508_2587f8dab6_o.jpg

fixed by local tailor

3766921382_16068d6687_o.jpg

rip on thigh

4039268010_347624b282_o.jpg

also stitched by local tailor

3766122195_a50a780af5.jpg

it was already getting pretty thin on my ps in the thigh region after about 7 months, after eating shit on my bike, it ripped open. you can see in the first picture my failed attempt to stitch it back up, and the hole that's still there. then i just patched it up with some extra denim that was cut off of my ns. my first repair ever!

hole.jpg

after

fixn.jpg