Options for Buying Japanese Denim

this is my first order and im having some trouble on superrag. the guide doesnt match the page so can someone explain what these terms mean>?

each have the option to be checked...

宅配便(日本通運ペリカン便)

セブンイレブン決済(前払)

代金引換

銀行振込

this is my first order and im having some trouble on superrag. the guide doesnt match the page so can someone explain what these terms mean>?

each have the option to be checked...

??????????????

?????????(??)

????

????

Those are mostly domestic options I believe...

1. Pelican Delivery service (basically a domestic parcel post company)

2. 7-11 payment (pay for them at a local 7-11.. also only within Japan)

3. COD (cash on delivery)

4. Bank Transfer

So the first is a delivery thing, the others payment options.

I wish I had this info when I ordered, so I thought I would share my experience with any other Canadian ordering from Japan:

-ordered from rakuten store on saturday

-received several emails, both from the store, and from rakuten itself

-first email (as discussed) was to respond to the store with confirmation to go ahead with the order

-tracking information held at Chubu airport for several days

-received Thursday morning from a Canada Post truck

-$50 charge from Canada post ($30 duty, $12 taxes, $8 handling fee) on a $168 valued item (originally 24,000 yen)

I wish I had this info when I ordered, so I thought I would share my experience with any other Canadian ordering from Japan:

-ordered from rakuten store on saturday

-received several emails, both from the store, and from rakuten itself

-first email (as discussed) was to respond to the store with confirmation to go ahead with the order

-tracking information held at Chubu airport for several days

-received Thursday morning from a Canada Post truck

-$50 charge from Canada post ($30 duty, $12 taxes, $8 handling fee) on a $168 valued item (originally 24,000 yen)

Wow, that $50 charge is rape.

Wow, that $50 charge is rape.

Bit unreasonable but personally I've experienced worse ... £40 on a houndstooth shirt ordered from Self Edge. Bit off the subject of the thread but I do hate custom charges so.

Was actually a lot cheaper than it could have been...if it was sent through Fedex or another courier, they would have used in-house customs clearance, and the brokerage fee alone would have been $30 or $40...plus taxes...plus customs.

I feel ya man, i bought my okinawa's in Feb and got taxed 80 bucks getting it from rakuten. I think it was like 180cad after shipping but the customs slapped me 80 bucks on taxes! :mad:

I think its impossible to get off rakuten's mailing lists...I've heard the quesiton a million times...but no one's ever offered an answer!

PewPew - exciting! They'll probably be delievered today.

Yea hopefully. If it doesn't, I won't get it until like Tuesday or Wednesday since it is long weekend

Hey guys, does take5 ship to the states and what is the best way to contact them and know their stock. I have looked all over their website, but it doesn't say what they have in the store, just what they typically carry.