Competition: Heavyweight Denim Championship Of The World 2011/12

Megatron1505

How about we just have a set required day (or days) where everyone is REQUiREd to post a pic that day. You can take the pic before the set date and just post on that date or repost on that day. We're all adults so i think punctuality and group cooperation should be easy.

Everyone posting on a set day would also make it easier to weed out the people whom dont really care. If you dont post on that day you get removed from the contest. Any other pictures can be supplementary to the thread but we should have a required post day in order for the mods to regulate it more easily (and according to schedule) and for the contest to be as fair as possible.

What do you guys think?

I could assign people a specific update posting date on the front page list, next to their name if thats the way people feel we could go with this?

i.e....

1) Megatron1505 - Samurai S5000VX - 21oz, Samurai S5000BK - 17oz - England - Update 1st of every month

2) Flash - Samurai S0110XJ - 17oz - Northern Ireland - Update 1st of every month

3) Beatle - Iron Heart Beatle Buster - 21oz, Iron Heart 666OD - 18oz - Germany - Update 1st of every month

4) beautiful_FrEaK - Samurai S500JX-LR - 18oz, Samurai S510AI-OGSP 17oz - Germany - Update 2nd of every month

5) thewickett - Iron Heart 634SR - 23oz - Update 2nd of every month

6) DFreshLeish - SExDBxSxS 12 - 22oz - USA - Update 2nd of every month

I would also suggest a "three strikes and out ruling", as in if you miss three months posting dates you're gone.

Opinions please?

That sounds good, but isn't that a little too much work for you? And like if we forget to post that day do we have like leeway? Cause for whatever reason, what if someone forgets to post that day? Do they get a strike, or are allowed to post the following day?

Fucked if I know, I'm just throwing shit out there to be discussed/ improved upon. When we have a formula, we'll run with it, until then everyone just carry on posting.

do we really need to set these days. too much stress imo. this was intended to be a fun project, guys....

Now this sounds sensible ;)

Speaking of which, I can't wait until a month to update my Strike Golds, so I am going to just update them.

5500532214_673537176d.jpg

5499934723_6819a36a1c.jpg

Honestly, these are my favorite jeans right now. The creases are amazing on them, well... compared to my sams, which have weak creases. And I am always looking forward to wearing them, cause they are verrrry comfy imo.

Guest denimefreak21oz
I could assign people a specific update posting date on the front page list, next to their name if thats the way people feel we could go with this?

i.e....

1) Megatron1505 - Samurai S5000VX - 21oz, Samurai S5000BK - 17oz - England - Update 1st of every month

2) Flash - Samurai S0110XJ - 17oz - Northern Ireland - Update 1st of every month

3) Beatle - Iron Heart Beatle Buster - 21oz, Iron Heart 666OD - 18oz - Germany - Update 1st of every month

4) beautiful_FrEaK - Samurai S500JX-LR - 18oz, Samurai S510AI-OGSP 17oz - Germany - Update 2nd of every month

5) thewickett - Iron Heart 634SR - 23oz - Update 2nd of every month

6) DFreshLeish - SExDBxSxS 12 - 22oz - USA - Update 2nd of every month

I would also suggest a "three strikes and out ruling", as in if you miss three months posting dates you're gone.

Opinions please?

plz reconsider participant entry megatron..its 2 years journey..i think 100 its the perfect .amount...the entire world is shaking about it...plz,plz,plz...im next if u guys reconsider it....let the world..talks...anbody who still wana join..plz stnd up......just waiting for u bless megatron.

Guest denimefreak21oz
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I present to you the 'BELT RAJA', the king of belt!

This is wat we call it.

- 15oz Natural Veg Tan leather as base.

- Stone oiled distress leather and black burnished leather for lettering.

- Added hair-on-hide, stitched on.

- Basketweave stamping on stone oiled distress leather

- Hand-stitched 'Heavy Weight Championship' in cursive font.

Part of the process VIDEO

DSC_1982.jpg

DSC_1980.jpg

P3042802.jpg

Amazing..belt...all the credit to obigood..nice efforts..its shine the blue hearts

I'd like to keep it where you can update whenever you want.. as long as you are posting updates..

How about we post on the 1st of every month. You can update whenever you want, but no matter what post at least ONE picture on the first of the month. It could be repost of a recent post if you want, as long as you repost on the first of the month it'll be okay. (i don't think we'll mind a small number of double pics if in exchange we receive order and cooperation from all right?),

Another reason why it'd be good for everyone to post on the 1st of the month is so that Megatron can just KNOW a day where everyone is supposed to post so he won't have to waste much of his time going through the thread. If everyone is willing to put in just a tiny bit of effort we can greatly reduce a large amount of stress for the organizer. I'm sure there are other things he has to worry about. It'd also make it really easy for anyone to check out the competition and see all the competitors' jean fades without having to browse through HUGE amounts of text. They can just search the 1st of every month and will have a relatively good idea of all the contestants.

Another reason why we should post on the 1st of the month-

It's easy to remember, and we check this thread enough to know when the 1st of the month is coming up. It gives us 30 days to prepare in between posts. Also, i know some of you don't like being pressured to post on a certain day, but you only HAVE to post once a month. If you MIND posting just ONCE a month, maybe you don't have your heart in the right place. I love denim. I'm down to spend 30 minutes once a month for something i love. Do you love denim enough to post ONE PICTURE a month on a set day?

Also, i like the 3 strikes idea. There will be no repercussion if you miss posting once, or twice. But if you don't post 3 times (three months of no pictures!?!) then you get dropped. We care enough denim to want to see your pants and appreciate fades. Please care about denim enough to post them!

Every month you don't post, Megatron will put an "X" next to your number and name. When you accumulate three "X"s then that will be a sign that you want to drop out of the competition. Anyone that has two X's in front of their name can be warned that they need to post in order to stay in the competition.

One other option is that we allow up to FIVE X's. Since it's three it migghhhht be easy for you to accumulate if you're the forgetful type. 5 is sufu being extra nice and asking you to be cooperative. What do y'all think?

That's as far as a set of rules that i can come up with. Any arguements or suggestions?

I think the spreadsheet idea via google docs is great. It allows you to have multiple 'collaborators' so the work could be spread out.

Have each competitor listed in the A cell going down vertically 1-75 (or however many are in this contest now). The B cell would be for the first update that poster makes. It would be entered as the date and hyperlinked to their respective update post. C cell would be reserved for the 2nd update and so on... would be a quick and easy way to view who is behind on posting and Megatron can pm a little encouragement to or kick from comp if needed.

Sounds like a lot of work for mega..

The reason I think the "mandatory post date" will not work is because a lot of people travel and may not have the time to post on a certain day.

I know I won't have a problem posting on a regular basis, but I'd like to have the freedom to post monthly updates when I want and not have to worry about posting on a certain day.

Just my opinion.

I think it makes more sense to look back on the previous month for updates than to have a set day, or week to post.

would probably take the same amount of time also.

do we really need to set these days? too much stress imo. this was intended to be a fun project, guys....

Yeah, someone once told me:

Calm down man, this is meant to be a fun contest for Heavyweight denim, not the olympics. ;)

The point of providing updates (aside from geeking out about denim) is to show progress and evidence of the jeans being worn. Otherwise someone who was off the radar for two years could produce the world's most amazing looking jeans, but with no documentation or accountability of how the jeans got to that stage it would be unfair to award them as the winner.

Let's be honest. We're not going to get monthly updates from each of the 76 contestants. By the same token, nobody's going to win this contest by posting pictures of their jeans every six months - at least I hope not. I agree that there must be some requirement in place, because I don't expect the judges to qualify each participant's jeans at the end of the contest.

My opinion is that an update every three months should be the minimum, no excuses. So, if we don't see some pictures from people this month the list of contestants is going to get a lot shorter...

y'all are retarded/bored/fascist. Mandatory picture updates at pre-determined intervals? I was kind of mad I missed the beginning deadline, but I wouldn't fucking do a contest that made me post pictures on "the 1st of every month." or 3 months "no excuses" lol. particularly for a contest that last 2 years.

Here's my update. Should I sag my jeans more? The pocket bags are causing a crease on the side.

IMG_0984.jpg

IMG_0986.jpg

IMG_0988.jpg

IMG_0990.jpg

for 2 years I would have to explain to the girlfriend why I am taking pictures of a pair of jeans in the driveway every 4 weeks?

For 2 years? you mean she's not smart enough to understand the first time around?

Lol

Edit: you have to explain yourself? Hahaha

I think that it would be great if people were to post pics every month. But I agree - traveling , work and life itself might make that impossible sometimes. If it becomes an obligation, the fun of heavy champ would be ruined.

I suggest - Mega goes over the thread every 4 months - and if there's no update during that time frame we assume your missing in action.

Well, I'm almost sorry that I had to sleep last night ;)

Thanks for all the input guys (apart from Chubby, you are clearly drunk and trolling), and after going through what everyone has written and weighing up the practicality of it all I think I'm just going to stick with the original plan.

A couple of nights ago I checked out how easy it would be to search the thread and see who has been updating, and contributing regularly...luckily it is very easy. This will be done every 6 months, anyone who hasn't contributed regularly will get a PM asking for their reasons/ if they are still interested in the contest, if they aren't, or don't respond then they will be removed.

I agree with the minimum update of every 3 months, due to what happens in our real lives it can sometimes be difficult to stick within a tightly constrained window of updating.

The thing with issuing dates to people, or getting a spreadsheet together is that it does require a fair amount of monitoring, which would be quite a commitment for me and my time.

The guy who told PeterParker that the contest was meant to be fun was obviously a wise man, I'll take his advice :P

does a WAYWT qualify as an update?!

I think a true update should be pics of the jeans only, and close ups of the denim to show the evolution, but the WAYWT today pics are great to show the jeans being worn....all part of the process of wear.