Hartford denim company

klue

Initially I had the same attitude as crotch and setterman but I find tthe structural wonkiness charming.

Saying that the Hartford Co. cannot be artisans because their jeans don't have impeccably neat detailing is ridiculous. If I thought Fried Eggs on the Plate without the Plate was shit that wouldn't turn the piece into a worthless amateur splotch.

Maybe that is a bad example but eye of the beholder subjective art etc you get my meaning.

For example a good number of consumers probably avoid copper rivets because they rust and stain green on pocketbags after some washes, but that is one of the details superdenim seems to favor in vintage style jeans.

^^ Ha ha ha. Taking things down to personal levels, I see.

Let's put it this way. If one of my artisan friends made something that's decent but has a couple areas which're kinda off, I'll point those out. However, if the entire product looks shite, I'll call it for what it is. What's better - to keep building on an awful product because you're fooled by the illusion of "constructive criticism"? Or go back to the drawing board and do a complete rethink and overhaul?

You tell me, Ass-town.

i'm not gunna be rude or talk shit, but since this debate has opened up i'll point out two things that come to mind.

The sewing is bad. Simple. work on straight stitching or don't use such obvious contrast stitches. other than that, i'm sure things will get better. but the sewing is an eye sore, personally.

Apparently the sewing is at an Artisan Level, this kind of ridicule only happens in Sufu ofcourse.

Raging queen previous post

Current lineup:

LVC '66

Naked & Famous Broken Twill Slimguy

Pure Blue Japan XX-007

Edwin ED-47

Samurai S5000BK

Something does not compute.

I think this argument is stupid.

I also think these guys are doing what 3/4 of the people on this forum would like to do : make jeans.

There is something to be said for learning as you go. They create a great product, and they have the balls to offer repairs FOR LIFE. They have integrity, and they are doing something instead of splitting hairs online.

You don't have to buy their jeans, but respect these people and what they're doing enough not to shit all over this thread with your criticisms.

I'd like to add, my prior comment was completely constructive and honest. I'd also like to add, it is clear these guys are very on their way to making good shit. it's different that their flaws are able to be seen and viewed by a group of denim SNOBS as they start their brand. To the rest of the world, they are probably already doing something amazing.

But in time, I can see the haters eating their words. I look forward to see how these guys grow. Just get that stitching down. ha!

I'm inclined to dislike their product because they're clearly dirty, dirty hippies, but whatever - rough and tumble, figuring it out as they go craft is kind of cool.

I wouldn't call them artisans or the jeans artisanal. 'Outsider' denim, maybe.

That's about right.

Having people blurt out that their jeans are shit is part of the road they've chosen. It seems to me that they've accepted that. I don't like the look much either but think the guys are lucky to be able to pursue a dream. Klue's faded pair some pages back looks good though. Must be damn cool walking around in a pair you've made yourself?

Hartford is, at the moment anyway, not for the average denim geek around here. But I think this is almost the only place I could've heard about them and that's why I'm here.

This little "discussion" also gets them more attention so bring it on haters!

This is without a doubt the coolest thread I have ever stumbled into. . .

I love the homegrown feel of their gear!! I seriously can't wait to save my pennies so that sooner or later I can fill out that order form.

I am really blown away. Everything they make oozes character.

1) How much is the work shirt advertised on the website?

2) Also, do you guys do custom work, like if I sent some measurements for a slim/skinny pair of jeans, could you use one color of thread, say green instead of yellow? Does that kind of thing cost extra? And if I wanted a SIMPLE shield logo embroidered on the back pocket, would that be possible and cost a lot? I have a template of it. . .

3) Is this denim sanfordized or unsanfordized? Would it cost more to have a pair made that are extra long? I have a pair of the NFxMomo collabs now that are 39" in the inseam and I love the length. It's literally impossible to find a great pair of pants that fit me well with that extra length.

What would a pair of pants like this cost?

Thanks so much, and keep up the great work.

isnt their m.o. about custom work and making unique products?

For a guy interested in their product so much, you think with 2 seconds of research you could have found the giant. CUSTOM ORDER FORM TAB on their website.

Also,

Please explain more to me about Sanfordizing. I try to keep up with you kids and your denim terms, but it gets harder and harder every day.

Fred+Sanford+Heart+Attack.jpg

For a guy interested in their product so much, you think with 2 seconds of research you could have found the giant. CUSTOM ORDER FORM TAB on their website.

Also,

Please explain more to me about Sanfordizing. I try to keep up with you kids and your denim terms, but it gets harder and harder every day.

Fred+Sanford+Heart+Attack.jpg

i know there is a custom order form, i was just wondering why you were mocking me for seemingly no reason other than you being a bitter troll / asshole.

Sanforizing denim is a method of stretching and manipulating the cloth in the factory prior to any washing so that any shrinking during future washes will be minimalized. It is important to note if your raw jeans are sanforized or not before determining what size to buy, non-sanforized jeans will shrink 7-10%, while sanforized jeans will shrink 1-5%. It is often advised to give non-sanforized jeans a warm soak before wearing them to get the shrinking done before you create wear marks on the jeans.

1. The workshirt is 325 shipped and made to your measurements.

2.you can have a custom pattern made or you may find we already have the fit you're looking for. Send your desired measurements and I'll let you know what we have. As far as stitching goes, you have to pay extra because we have to make the pair individually. For now our standard thread color is cream.3. We will have to see the shield to quote the price but we can do that for you.

3.All of our jeans run 37-38 inches long. And currently all are sanforized

This is without a doubt the coolest thread I have ever stumbled into. . .

I love the homegrown feel of their gear!! I seriously can't wait to save my pennies so that sooner or later I can fill out that order form.

I am really blown away. Everything they make oozes character.

1) How much is the work shirt advertised on the website?

2) Also, do you guys do custom work, like if I sent some measurements for a slim/skinny pair of jeans, could you use one color of thread, say green instead of yellow? Does that kind of thing cost extra? And if I wanted a SIMPLE shield logo embroidered on the back pocket, would that be possible and cost a lot? I have a template of it. . .

3) Is this denim sanfordized or unsanfordized? Would it cost more to have a pair made that are extra long? I have a pair of the NFxMomo collabs now that are 39" in the inseam and I love the length. It's literally impossible to find a great pair of pants that fit me well with that extra length.

What would a pair of pants like this cost?

Thanks so much, and keep up the great work.

The detailing may not be as tight and neat as other brands but you hardly even notice that shit in the context of an outfit. I saw two dudes in Hartford denim today and they both looked great. Super clean stitching and more normal hardware would just make Hartford the same as everything other denim brand. Diversity is nice.

I will Own a pair of Hartford Denim Company Jeans in the Future!

I sew a little and in the long run will attemp to make Solid jeans. Hartford are already doing this as far as i can tell, and from the very little experience i have i can easily say that it is a very difficult thing to do at all, Let alone well.

Credit where its due. I'm on The Hartford Team.

Anyway back to the discussing the actual Jeans anyone....?