Samurai S0110XJ or S0500XX

SoloC

Yea I know but often it doesn't work properly. AUGH! I love me some japanese denim though.

Courtesy of Matthew the Weekend Nevin

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he means that google doesn't always translate the entire page. If the words are labels or in an image it won't translate it. It will only translate script.

Thats exactly what I mean, and sometimes, for whatever reason, it doesn't translat text that is in a box. As many websites format their text for an item of clothing. Whatever, I get by.

Courtesy of Matthew the Weekend Nevin

• 3 weeks later...

are my the only one who thinks samurais are kind of cheesy and are just a bells and whistles denim brand?? unnecessarily heavy denim, gold rivets, thick stitching, overdone selvage lines, corny flasher cards, printed dragon pockets. in my opinion these are the next evisu.

are my the only one who thinks samurais are kind of cheesy and are just a bells and whistles denim brand?? unnecessarily heavy denim, gold rivets, thick stitching, overdone selvage lines, corny flasher cards, printed dragon pockets. in my opinion these are the next evisu.

yes, you're the only one.

I'm thinking its just you. I do notice that they use heavy denim on some of the models (they have 15, 17, and 19oz models afaik). Everything else looks pretty normal, and I'm seeing bronze/copper rivets (whatever they are, they don't look gold to me).

it's natural to get defensive about something you like...i expected this. i used to think this brand was okay but the more i see of them the more they annoy me. they always seem to have some flashy limited edition jean or some rediculas marketing ploy....i'm pretty sure they had a model with gold rivets...just seems like a company like evis/evisu that started off making repros but is starting to get a little carried away with the extras.....silver selvage.....i guess if these were comparible to cars or suvs or whatever i would say they would be an escalade.....lots of things to ooohhh and ahhhh about.

it's natural to get defensive about something you like...i expected this. i used to think this brand was okay but the more i see of them the more they annoy me. they always seem to have some flashy limited edition jean or some rediculas marketing ploy....i'm pretty sure they had a model with gold rivets...just seems like a company like evis/evisu that started off making repros but is starting to get a little carried away with the extras.....silver selvage.....i guess if these were comparible to cars or suvs or whatever i would say they would be an escalade.....lots of things to ooohhh and ahhhh about.

I hope you're wrong. I just dipped my hand into Samurai and ordered a pair. I know what you mean about limited ed. being produced on a regular basis. I hate that too. Let's see how the company holds.

It sounds like you took a look at that one AI Samurai LE and assumed the rest of them have similar details. Aside from the silver selvage, the most recent model S0500XX looks pretty damn normal.

That said, I've never even seen any Samurai in real life so I don't know how the quality is.

i'm sure they are great jeans but the path they're headed down just reminds me too much of evisu who i also think still produce a few great jeans however most of their stuff is just a little too "look at me". sometimes this is what needs to happen to a company to keep it afloat though and i understand that...it has to change it's image or maybe it's time to progress past reproductions and the old man jeans and get a foot in a new market like well hiphop denim or style denim or fancypants or whatever they call it. nothing wrong with that. i mean it worked for GM and cadilac. it's fine. sorry to be such a pain in the ass.

I am going to have to disagree with this, not just cause I am wearing mine as I type, but it really depends on you as an individual. Mine have the electric blue selvedge but no one knows cause I dont cuff, so the flashy factor is non existant and to the untrained eye I am just wearing a pair of jeans. I actally dont mind the limited editions, I think its just a way to offer an extra outlet to the hardcore brand worshipers.

Partytaco, I know you are partial to 45rpm. I am too after getting the Sorahikos. Eventhough 45rpm does not produce limited edition, they are the first Japanese premium denim brand to set up shop in the U.S. I always thought that spells doom in terms of the brands' exclusivity. But they seem to be holding up.

I raised this issue of Samurai's limited edition marketing strategy before and you do have merit in your arguement. But I think that Samurai will never be like Evisu because they are not as commercial yet (not even compared to 45rpm) so they have preserved their reputation. At least they're not there yet and I hope they will understand that the reason why they can command the high prices is because they are not mainstream.

wow, how'd this thread turn into a "Are Samurai's over?" thread.

I disagree. I don't have a pair but, everything isn't as loud as evisu. The patches are no big deal, half the time no one can see them because you have a belt on. Also, what's wrong with having some fun with the patch, SD has pigs!

Also just because they have dragons on their pocket liners doesn't make them tacky. I think Sugarcanes are tackier at times than Samurais. They always have funky pocket liners, patches etc on their "limited" edition jeans. So I would think you would dislike SC more so than Samurais.

I do find most of the sugar canes equally as tacky as the samurais however this is a samurai thread so i only mentioned them. it was actually a combination of both the samurais and all of sugar canes that i'm not fond of that made me dislike blue in green. i was pretty happy when i heard about a store stocking japanese denim in new york but after stopping by and seeing it was all the denim i associate with what the streetwear kids like i was pretty disappointed. and i guess it was that trip to blue in green where i noticed just how rediculas the samurais are with their wacky samurai flasher cards and super hairy/slubby denim. disgusting.

and yes everything isn't as loud as evisu....yet...but in time...well maybe....who knows. it does kind of seem like they are drinking from the same well.

wow, how'd this thread turn into a "Are Samurai's over?" thread.

I disagree. I don't have a pair but, everything isn't as loud as evisu. The patches are no big deal, half the time no one can see them because you have a belt on. Also, what's wrong with having some fun with the patch, SD has pigs!

Also just because they have dragons on their pocket liners doesn't make them tacky. I think Sugarcanes are tackier at times than Samurais. They always have funky pocket liners, patches etc on their "limited" edition jeans. So I would think you would dislike SC more so than Samurais.

i was pretty happy when i heard about a store stocking japanese denim in new york but after stopping by and seeing it was all the denim i associate with what the streetwear kids like i was pretty disappointed.
What would you have preferred to see? Are "streetwear kids" wearing Samurai and Sugarcane??

i thought all you kids with the wild colored supreme nike dunkers and oversized $100 limited edition gold and silver silkscreened shirts were called "streetwear kids".

i would have liked to see

studio d'artisan (soon i guess)

denime

full count

the flat head

ricksons

cane repros

eternal

different warehouse

and not just the denim but the shirts, sweatshirts, etc....

What would you have preferred to see? Are "streetwear kids" wearing Samurai and Sugarcane??

hmmm...interesting concept. I think the kids on outside superdenim actually like APC, Nudies more so than SC and Samurais. Although that may be changing.

Actually i use to be drawn into SC by their interesting pockets, etc... Then I bought a pair and hated the fit. Learned a great lesson about not being sucked in by bells and whistles. It's should be about the fit. Case in point being the hype on here about the PBJ AI. Lots of bells and whistles, but you also see a lot of people selling them again cause they don't fit.

i've never seen those kids wearing samurai's, nor have i seen gold rivets on samurai's

the samurais i have are very normal, the flasher cards come off, there's no dragons on the pockets (although 2 pair have a silver selvedge, not that anyone can see it), the denim isn't "unnecessarily" heavy, slubby or disgusting ... and, best of all, they're not 2 sizes too small for me and subsequently stretched out of shape to form a denim bongo drum across my ass ...

and, best of all, they're not 2 sizes too small for me and subsequently stretched out of shape to form a denim bongo drum across my ass ...
This is how I wear my Imperial jeans. I think I'm going to rip them someday.

Case in point being the hype on here about the PBJ AI. Lots of bells and whistles, but you also see a lot of people selling them again cause they don't fit.

Just felt the need to point out that there is nothing wrong with the fit of the PBJ AI. The only reason you see people selling them (and there have only been 2) is because they sized incorrectly.