Samurai S0110XJ or S0500XX

SoloC

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya I am really short. I think I am 5'4'', and the Samurai is 36 inches long. Any tailor recommanded in Sillicon Valley? I live in Milpitas btw.

Mysignature.jpgicon_smile_cool.gif

Hi fellow audicence this is how they fit me now after 5 hrs soak in mild warm water (under 35 degree C), a wash and a 40 mins drying.

1 question should I hem it? I'm 5'4'' and this is 35 inches long....

PICT9409_resize.jpg

PICT9410_resize.jpg

PICT9412_resize.jpg

PICT9417_resize.jpg

Edited by SoloC on Jun 1, 2006 at 07:41 AM

SoloC, can I ask you how much they actually shrunk? I'm guessing bang on tag size?? I have a W31 pair listed in the marketplace for fear that they will not quite shrink to the lower bracket listed on Samurai's shrink chart for the SO110XJ. Raw mine measure bang on 33" but the material is so thick and seems very tightly woven so I'm finding it hard to believe they'll lose a solid 2 inches. Anyhoo, maybe you can set my mind at rest. Thanks in advance.

Quote:

SoloC, can I ask you how much they actually shrunk? I'm guessing bang on tag size?? I have a W31 pair listed in the marketplace for fear that they will not quite shrink to the lower bracket listed on Samurai's shrink chart for the SO110XJ. Raw mine measure bang on 33" but the material is so thick and seems very tightly woven so I'm finding it hard to believe they'll lose a solid 2 inches. Anyhoo, maybe you can set my mind at rest. Thanks in advance.

--- Original message by synthi on Jun 1, 2006 11:48 AM

Synthi, soak them in warm water and tumble dry them. They will definitely shrink to Samurai's lower bracket.

Folsom cuffs would do the trick. Double up on the cuffing!!!!!

Hey, SoloC, great pics, really sharp image. The clarity of the details is impressive. Were you using a macro lens? If so, which one? I've used Canon's EF-S macro and can recommend it. One other thing: Dood, you didn't photograph the selvedge edge! How could you not photograph the traintracks?! Hahaha

I'm ninety-three/

You're sixteen/

There is nothing more for you and I

Melvins

Edited by Edge_Of_Denim on Jun 1, 2006 at 03:51 PM

^ Thanks for the advice Wild Whiskey. I'm in two minds whether to size down to W30. Anyone got any ideas how much these would stretch following shrinking? I'm guessing 17oz denim = not very much at all but it would be nice if someone could share first hand experience with weighty Samurais.

Oh and here's a pic of the selvedge seam for those who want a closer look. Electric blue line with metallic thread interwoven.

DSC00379b.jpg

P.I.M.P icon_smile_wink.gif

Synthi, I am going to take off my pants for you haha. And the measurement is

From W30.5 L38 T11.5 O8.5

To W29.7 L35.5 T11.5 O8.5

Waist, Legth, Thigh, Leg Opening

1 inch ~ 2.54 cm so do the calculation.

btw Edge_of_Denim, I am not using a DSLR. I am using a Minota G500 (a 5MP compact digital camera with a lot of manual functions) and a tripod. I use a chair to set the focus and manual set the exposure. Then I set the timer and move to the chair position. After that the picture will be in focus with the right exposure and DETAILS!!!

I am really impress with this Denim!!! This is the first pair of denim that fit me prefectly on waist. For the first time, belt is just an accerssory but not an reinforcement. Then there is the zero indgo lost duing the soaking and washing, and the dark blue color seperating myself from the rest of the college! I am proud hehe :)

Maybe there is something superior attraction between selvage denims that I saw the first time someone (an Indonesian male) is wearing a selvage denim cuffed in my campus.

Edited by SoloC on Jun 1, 2006 at 09:17 PM

Is the denim of 110XJ the same as S5000VX?

i like the fade of S5000VX that were on some galleries, than i seen the "discolor boast" of 110XJ that was on samurais webpage but it wasnt really appealing to me, than i thought it could be because of the short period of worn in time.

So maybe if its of the same denim, they could have the same fade in due time probably?

Is the S0110XJ of a higher or lower rise than the S5000VX? From samurai's webpage, the measurements shows that its a slimmer fit, but doesnt tell anything of the rise, so can anyone shed some light here?

Sigh, wanted to get the S5000VX, but its out of stock till July, so trying to find an alternative.

wild_whiskey & SoloC - thanks so much for the info which I've only just seen now - much appreciated. I have sold my W31 pair, given your shrinkage rate SoloC, perhaps that's not a bad thing and a W30 pair might be better for me. Especially as I've still got a bit of chubb to get rid of around the belly!! Thanks again. icon_smile.gif

Quote:

Is the denim of 110XJ the same as S5000VX?

--- Original message by bahnahnahs on Jun 4, 2006 11:22 PM

You could get the S5110VXJ which was the same cut as the 110XJ, but uses the zero fabric (VX)(S5000).

Its just a little harder to find, but the price is amazing.

http://www.sakurastyle.com/items/samurai/05/sj_tigers05.htm

More pics worn:

http://www.samurai-j.com/samurai/samurai_boast/img/20060524_1.jpg

Edited by Roland on Jun 5, 2006 at 08:24 AM

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys I am back from Tokyo, and I purchased the 110XJ. I dont read japanese but my brother kinda does and he noticed that Americaya was having a 20% one day only sale, so I got them for slightly under 20000 yen. They didnt have a 35 so I did get a 36 which is weird because they felt tighter before the warm soak. I love the fit I find it more a straight leg than a slim fit.

I HATE websites that are ONLY in japanese! I CAN'T READ JAPANESE! icon_smile_dead.gif So even though I want to buy the awsome jeans I see, I can't!

Courtesy of Matthew the Weekend Nevin