ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

^^ I understand and share your feelings as I too missed out on this. But I also understand why they "announced" it the way they did. I personally did not invest myself in networking with Cone, Mr Slaper, and everyone involved. So those that did, namely the four people who we had to PM, probably wanted to make it a surprise and at the same time wanted to include people they knew to be good participants. So they teased the public while (I'm only guessing) choosing people based on history and dependability. As I see your number of posts and mine (we both have very little), even if we had applied early enough, it probably wasn't good enough. My cousin and I were talking about this contest (I am getting him into jeans btw) and he said: "you can probably make a huge profit on ebay with this if you get it, cuz it's so rare" and he is probably right. A limited edition 30 pairs using the most unique Cone denim EVER with the frenzy that is this very thread, I'm sure I could have made alot of money with this. So to prevent any of the 30 pairs ending up on the market, some of the people probably got an earlier invitation or locked-in slots because they knew or had already gained the trust of the Four Horsemen of URCC. All conjecture but i need something to console myself. And yeah Scout I share ur pain.

nvm - roy6 basically outlined the contestant choosing process, but my guess was pretty good with early invite/locks

There was no application, except for the last three spots.

And, frankly, just bringing up the idea of selling these jeans shows that you shouldn't have had the opportunity to purchase a pair in the first place.

There was no application, except for the last three spots.

And, frankly, just bringing up the idea of selling these jeans shows that you shouldn't have had the opportunity to purchase a pair in the first place.

believe u me that thought never crossed my mind. i don't have to have murderous thoughts to know murders are possible. my point was that the four people planning this wanted to prevent something like that. and frankly, to say that i "shouldn't have had the opportunity to purchase a pair in the first place" only makes you sound elitist. unless u r, then so be it.

Am I covering my lovely continent by myself?

Maybe when you guys have some spare time the list could be updated with locations? :)

I'm very interested to see where all the contestants come from!

An excellent idea. I know roughly where most of the contestants live, but if you all want to pm me with the city/ state or provence or prefecture / country, I'll compile a list for posting.

I believe TG is in your neighborhood?

An excellent idea. I know roughly where most of the contestants live, but if you all want to pm me with the city/ state or provence or prefecture / country, I'll compile a list for posting.

I believe TG is in your neighborhood?

Oh really?

PMing you simultaneously as I type this...

Fellow complainers, let's just move on-- I thought the toast was a good way to finish it out and just be thankful that Mr. Slaper is doing what he does best, and we get to witness the fruit of his (and others') labor. I am now convinced that the contest heads had just as difficult a time with deciding the 30 as we had not making the cut. I'm truly sorry for wondering out loud in this thread and a being a part of the flood of disappointed fans. While it was a little cathartic, and some of it was justified from our point of view, it is all a little bit overboard and overblown. At the end of the day, they're just a really nice f*cking pair of jeans. They won't cuddle with you, or muse sweet nothings in your ear, or give you a happy ending when you need it the most. Roy will continue to make nice f*cking jeans. I will wear my ROYs and post pics in the other thread. There will be more contests, and we will like them!

After seeing the list of contestants I feel like a chump for thinking I even stood a chance to get a spot. That list is essentially made up of SuFu royalty, and rightfully so they deserve the privilege to wear these jeans. I don't object to missing out on one of the last three spots considering the people that were chosen.

If there is one thing to be upset by it would be that some contestants were chosen when they are already participating in another contest. But in fairness, I don't think the contestants knew that this contest would be happening when they signed up for the other. I would hold no grudge if those participants dropped the other contest to fully devote themselves to this one. Competing in two contests is just greedy.

I'm more upset at myself than anything for not having the wit to figure out what was happening when Paul T first posted the teaser pics of the denim. Oh well.

Enjoy these jeans, you lucky bastards.

Hey it was worth a try... I'll just have more of a chance to rock my OG Roy's. I really hope the guys on the list really do wear these consistently and don't lose interest or jump to another contest in a few months.

Ain't this the truth. This is a formal declaration that anybody on the list that sits on these jeans and doesn't wear them be neg repped to the max. There turned out to be a lot of people who wanted to be in this and as the "chosen" few we need to tear these things up.

All you people that didn't make the cut, feel free to call out all the people that did make the cut if they ain't living up to their end of the bargain. And all you folks with OG roys, wear them to hell as well to show the 30 that you did deserve to be in this thing and you didn't need some special limited edition yada yada yada.

Am I covering my lovely continent by myself?

Maybe when you guys have some spare time the list could be updated with locations? :)

I'm very interested to see where all the contestants come from!

Mike,

Although I'm a resident of the Cotswolds (UK), FYI I will be in the Sidney/nsw area between 18.12.10 and 15.1.11, although not sure if I will be rocking my RoyxCones as ..

(1) It may be f***in hot to wear 'em.

(2) May not get 'em in time...?

If I do, I will wear them on New years eve (from midnite obviously..) when I'm in Sydney (as my GF says she'd be happy to be my personal photographer to help with the evo pics)

So for a short while at least, you may not be alone...

^ Yay!

We will get a head-start compared to everybody else :)

Unless someone lives in New Zealand...

I think it would be just-tolerable weather for jeans; gets to around 30-something degrees Celcius in Sydney at that time of the year.

Although, I have to say you would look quite strange in contrast to the Sydneysiders who would all be rocking shorts and sandals :P

P.S. I am very interested in seeing how these contest Roy's will turn out after a couple of weeks of Melbourne's 40 degrees Celsius plus heatwaves - more sweat than indigo, FTW.

I'm proud to be a part of this great contest, thanks again to our great guys who make this happen and cheers to roy (lifting up a cup o coffee, it's 08.00 am here in germany). Can't believe that there were guys who turned away voluntary...and cheers to all you others who aren't in. Don't be too disappointed. We're here because you're there.

^ Yay!

We will get a head-start compared to everybody else :)

Unless someone lives in New Zealand...

I think it would be just-tolerable weather for jeans; gets to around 30-something degrees Celcius in Sydney at that time of the year.

Although, I have to say you would look quite strange in contrast to the Sydneysiders who would all be rocking shorts and sandals :P

P.S. I am very interested in seeing how these contest Roy's will turn out after a couple of weeks of Melbourne's 40 degrees Celsius plus heatwaves - more sweat than indigo, FTW.

tg is from NZ. Do us proud mikecch!

Ran, you should give me your chance to join this contest, just focus to eternal contest lol:D

im jealous right now

i am too worried about what you can do to this pair of roy. you have proved on more than one occasion that you can tear the toughest of denim apart with your lifestyle, so i say leave these babies to me ;)

Hey it was worth a try... I'll just have more of a chance to rock my OG Roy's. I really hope the guys on the list really do wear these consistently and don't lose interest or jump to another contest in a few months.
If there is one thing to be upset by it would be that some contestants were chosen when they are already participating in another contest. But in fairness, I don't think the contestants knew that this contest would be happening when they signed up for the other. I would hold no grudge if those participants dropped the other contest to fully devote themselves to this one. Competing in two contests is just greedy.

the information that this contest that might happen, was told to me only after i made payment for the eternals 5 months ago. then i was approached with this idea and was asked if i was interested in participating. at that point of time, it was still a "there might be a contest happening but we'll try to sort some details out" phase. there was no confirmation of anything else until around 4 or 5 days ago when we were suddenly told of the confirmation of the denim used and 1 day ago, the cut of the denim.

after that point when i paid for the eternals, there was no way i was going to go tell beatle and gordon, after their hard work that i was going to pull out of the eternal contest because of this contest. so i waited while those were made and were eventually sent out to me. a couple of months back.

of course there are 2 of us (Farhad and me, unless i missed someone else out) who are in both the contests and it might seem unfair those of you who want in but there just isn't a spot. it is not to be said that the rest of you who have low post counts or rep power nonsense, are unworthy of a spot, because you all do deserve a place in this roy competition. that is the truth. but it is also true that there are only 30 spots and unfortunately there were just too many applicants in this time round. i think what the organisers had in mind was to repay the good faith that cone and ROY himself put through to make this happen – with more certain people who were going to post up pictures instead of taking a gamble with a whole list of contestants whom might not put up any. not trying to say that low posters will not put up pictures or insinuate anything like that. they just wanted to give the good people back, what they had put in.

it might seem greedy to you that i am in both these competitions and i offer my sincere apologies. but i will not be sitting this one out so that one of you who missed out can come in, because i want in as much as any of you who are not in/who are in. i will redeem myself by proving it in both the eternal and the roy contest with the updates.

having said that, it would have been fantastic if we could have had 120 contestants in on this one. but the thing is just that there are limitations to how much the man can make and how much denim cone is going to provide. if you still feel angered and upset that you missed out on this one because i have robbed any of you a place, feel free to PM me to discuss about how much you think i am an idiot or selfish to have robbed you of a place.

thank you.

1st off, as a long time denim fan, I totally understand anyone that might be dissapointed why the weren't Choosen.

I do love my eternals. The contest is 2 years long and I have worn them everyday since I have gotten them.

this is too good to pass up, I will wear the Roy's for the next year and will switch to the eternals after.

I'm honored to be chosen. I just barely missed the boat on the 1st round of Roy's and was super bummed.

As far as the other stuff, I'll let my actions, pics and denim do the talking ;)

Thanks to Roy6, Paul, rnr, and and Roy for making this happen.

Oh and Z and ranon, you have a fight on your hands ;)

Oi,what about me?!!

switch and roy6 came up with the idea,but it was me who kicked them in the ass and kept things rolling.

If my name isnt posted in line with paul,roy and switch i feel left out,leading to early drinking-do you really want to be responsible for that?

its 8.30 am here.

maybe this is a good thing i didn't make it (0). i'm realizing that i spend too much goddamn time on the internet. i need to start taking school seriously, doing homework, studying every night, doing homework.....

not even the slightest bit bitter. all the contestants are worthy, and deserving. but if you don't upload photos i will find you (person closest to portland..) and firmly request that you give me both the jeans, and boxers, promptly (6).

maybe this is a good thing i didn't make it (0). i'm realizing that i spend too much goddamn time on the internet. i need to start taking school seriously, doing homework, studying every night, doing homework.....

not even the slightest bit bitter. all the contestants are worthy, and deserving. but if you don't upload photos i will find you (person closest to portland..) and firmly request that you give me both the jeans, and boxers, promptly (6).

now thats a statement i want to hear!

to all others,if you dont stop whining and sending out complaining pm's i will telegraph Joseph Hill to get his whip out and teach you a much deserved lesson.(10)

Wow....what can I say....

First of all I truly wasn't expecting to make the cut on this. Obviously I am thrilled to be included but i also feel a little embarrassed being in while so many deserving people are not.

I also feel for the Four Horsemen of the Roypocalypse ( almostnice, rnr, roy6, PaulT) who, after all the hard work involved in setting this thing up, then had the thankless task of choosing the participants in a situation where he vast majority of applicants were inevitably going to be disappointed. Don't be mad at them or at Roy be mad at me.

The only thing I can say to the people that were left out is that I,for one. promise to wear the shit out of these. They are EXACTLY the cut and the denim that constitute my dream pair of roys......with a few twists.I'm not in any other competition and will wear these for the full 12. If I don't,

I deserve as much neg as you can throw at me.

Thanks again to almostnice, PaulT, rnrswitch, Roy6, ROY and the guys at Cone for giving me the opportunity to wear these beautiful jeans for a year. Roll on 2011!

Scheisse!!!

I was typing on my iPhone and I did put your name in. the spell correct thing must have messed it up or somehow got deleted.

So sorry mein freund!!! please don't drink that early on my behalf. you might get fat and not fit into your Roys.