ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Wow - congrats Doc! That's a beautiful beast!

Mike - beautiful (and mouthwatering) pic - must spread for ya both...

Robbie - want to see them right-side-out!!

So today was something pretty different for me - from a photography perspective. While I have taken some wildlife shots, they happened more by chance than by planning. This time around, I headed out early in the morning, with an acquaintance who is a professional wildlife photog - I met him earlier this year while out trail running. Today he took me around to some of his favourite secret spots.

Early morning dew

94416950.jpg

Nice to see signs of spring!

460aeaf2.jpg

We basically bushwhacked for hours, carrying a shit-ton of photo gear

c62066a4.jpg

Had a lot of close encounters with these guys

1a61f138.jpg

Came across the foundations of some old home - and what looked like a rust-eaten wash tub

62b135d7.jpg

Lots of these guys slithering about

3578932a.jpg

This dude is amazing - he knows the habits of all the creatures. So we were able to approach a small group of deer having a siesta. They saw us, but remained pretty unconcerned -I took this shot from about 10 feet away.

dfb32bf2.jpg

I also got to see a pair of Cooper's Hawks in action. Very beautiful birds - and aggressive too! I got buzzed by the male quite a number of times. But it was worth it!

ff88d882.jpg

Still have to sort thru shots of foxes, beaver, cormorants, etc....

Now on number three - whew!

abf98311.jpg

no fun for me

weekend mostly spent marking senior folios

markish.jpg

some house work procrastination, including putting new old ladder in my room for my favorites to live on

markii.jpg

mr is doing the final sand on the hull of my kayak for me cause a cant do much with my ribs n shoulder fd up

Charlie,

Do you always have to take 2 pairs of trousers to the golf course?...

:)

No

I only wear jeans, I dont play golf. I dont like golf or golf culture (for want of a better word). Golf is like the anti-christ of denim IMO. Sorry if have offended anyone.

Actually no I'm not.

No

I only wear jeans, I dont play golf. I dont like golf or golf culture (for want of a better word. Golf is like the anti-christ of denim IMO. Sorry if have offended anyone. Actually no I'm not.

I just thought you might need 2 pairs in case you got a hole in one...

coat (again)

I've always thought that golf would be greatly improved as a game if they put land mines on the courses. Would definitely watch it on TV.

I can think of a few clients that I wouldn't mind "losing" during a round! ;)

No

I only wear jeans, I dont play golf. I dont like golf or golf culture (for want of a better word). Golf is like the anti-christ of denim IMO. Sorry if have offended anyone.

Actually no I'm not.

It's funny - in NA, it's become much more of a game for the average guy. I've also played at some really fine courses in the UK, and was really surprised at how different the "attitude" is. Can't say I blame you...

You guys know a round of golf is 18 holes for a reason right: 18 slugs of Scotch whiskey per bottle; hence 'the 19th hole'. At least thats what my grandfather tells me.

I figure even I could enjoy golf under those 'rules'.

My little town is doing a nice job of preserving a little of its old stuff. Right now there is an ongoing project of restoring two trolleys with a short line of track. This little beastie showed up the other day.

smalltamp1.jpg

Let's make sure this is adjusted.

smalltamp2.jpg

And this.

smalltamp3.jpg