ROY X CONE contest, 1.1.11 - 2.1.12

Paul T

Made some leather conditioning cream today - very happy with the revised formula, the cream turned out great :)

Just the right amount of penetration and waxy residue on the grain surface, very balanced.

p4260013g.jpg

p4260015.jpg

p4260018.jpg

Tested it out on my wallet - went on to treat lots of my other leathers with it...

p4260021.jpg

P.S. I made extra - so extra cream for everyone who ordered some!

^ I use emu fat, beeswax, eucalyptus oil, lemon oil, and other bits and pieces (food grade preservatives, soap emulsifying waxes, stearic acid, etc)

I'm planning to experiment with other animal fats (mutton fat is apparent good too, according to unlucky), essential oils and different natural or even dye compounds (prospolis, tea extract, etc) later in the year.

A spicy-smelling leather conditioner, anyone :P

But other than that, I'm pretty much set in the formulation - unless someone can get me some unicorn fat or big-foot earwax.

Very cool zissou !

Thanks, robbie! I just committed to renting it for a couple months to try it out while my house is on the market. Fuuuu... major anxiety!!! I'm really excited about the new house, but super worried that mine won't sell quickly. All indications point to it being a quick sale, though, but it doesn't keep me from worrying.

Oh, hah, thanks! I have a feeling that someone is going to walk into it and fall in love with the house. At least, that's what I keep telling myself ;)

Fingers crossed for you, Zissou !

Thanks, man!

I'm sure someone will. You just need the right person to walk through the door.

Although not on the same scale, our flat in London that we renovated using period correct detailing and reclaimed materials and spent a lot of time and money on making it a great home rather than a typical 'done up' flat sold in a day when the market was slumping.

Looks like a beautiful job you did, zissou, Im sure that will help - best of luck with it.

KNow how you feel... just committed to buying what was once my garden, back, mucho financial paranoia here. But with all these things the stress soon fades into history.

Fingers crossed for ya!

Meanwhile... in the UK, it's Here Comes The SUn time. Picnic up in the park... view2.jpgfood.jpgview.jpgspring.jpgsonny.jpghome.jpg

Plus, another long weekend due v soon. One benefit of a royal family.

flags.jpg

Thanks, robbie! I just committed to renting it for a couple months to try it out while my house is on the market. Fuuuu... major anxiety!!! I'm really excited about the new house, but super worried that mine won't sell quickly. All indications point to it being a quick sale, though, but it doesn't keep me from worrying.

We're moving into a rent house in June. We barely have much money tied up and our stomachs have been in knots for weeks now.

I can't imagine the stress you've got.

Your hard work will certainly be rewarded, and like you said a family is going to walk in and fall in love with that house. From the handful of photos I myself am lusting over it.

Best of luck zissou.

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone! My friends have all been excited about the house, and about me living in town soon.

KNow how you feel... just committed to buying what was once my garden, back, mucho financial paranoia here. But with all these things the stress soon fades into history.

I'll drink to that. At least we aren't stressed out because we lost our jobs or have terrible illnesses, eh? ;)

Today, my Roys and I valiantly played a softball game against the grad students, but lost. Although, I did make a few key plays as the first baseman, and batted .750 with one fly out!

s8HuD.jpg

waiting to be picked up

day1wait.jpg

feeling overdressed cause im flying out of this crisp clear northland autumn day

day1a.jpg

goodbye auckland

day1b.jpg

listening to old crap

day1c.jpg

over what will be a snow covered ski feild in a few weeks

day1e.jpg

hello queenstown

day1f.jpg

remarkable

day1h.jpg

across from the remarkables

day1i.jpg

welcoming party

day1j.jpg

i have so many photos of hills and clouds to bore you all with from the last 10 days, i will space them out so you dont get too excited

got up early and rode a borrowed bike down and around old cromwell (town got flooded to make a power damn thing)

day2a.jpg

posed around some old ruins cause we could

day2b.jpg

this was the library

day2c.jpg

above the water level some old bits that have been maintained as quaint little village shops

day2d.jpg

gonna buy this one when i win lotto

day2eb.jpg

for lunch we stopped at a winery and ate some stuff, thats a nice light pinot gris

day2gu.jpg

and fed some cheese to the winery dog

day2f.jpg

then we went back to queenstown and went up a hill (remarkable)

day2h.jpg

and higher

day2i.jpg

and then i flew back down

day2j.jpg

theres me against the remarkables

day2k.jpg

landed bad and FFFFFffffffffffffed my knee up again

Man... finally back from my 3,500km-on-the-road-in-four-weeks, and finally finished getting through the past many many pages. There have been some absolutely awesome updates lately! I stopped trying to keep track, but quickly... sansome with one of the best photos I've seen on this forum ever; tg doing things in places that make my jaw drop; ranon and mikecch making me as hungry as ever; riff making me want to get outdoors more often; docblue further exciting an out-of-nowhere interest in Paris I've been cultivating the past months; PaulT living the celebrity life!; almostnice making me laugh and want beer; zissou making me want to learn how to build shit AND live in my own place; roy6, zissou and erk making me anxiously check my fades for comparison; farhad and eltopo slinging simple photographic beauty, as ever; rnr I agree in principle about not mandating daily-wear, but I tend to wear one pair of jeans until they disintegrate and then move on to the next, anyway, so no problem here; and pomata, Shorty Long and fardin making me wonder where pomata, Shorty Long and fardin are...

On that note, I just looked through and have over 80 pictures from the past four weeks that I'd love to share with you all. I'm thinking I'll use That Girl's strategy and put 'em up a couple posts at a time, so I don't totally flood. Hope that's okay!